Furry discussion thread

Discordian

How do you feel about furries?  

260 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about furries?

• They're pretty cool
    • So weird.
    • Fluttershy is a furry!

The furry fandom was the reason why I became a fan of MLP. I never was really deep into this fandom, but I liked to see furry arts and still do it nowadays. I also have a own fursona called Vargo. He is a gray wolf whos design is inspired by the movie Balto. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've considered myself a furry for the last few years now, and I personally consider bronies to be a sort of subset to the furry fandom, but that's my opinion. :P:-P

• Brohoof 1

I think I'm a furry, I just don't like how the title has the stigma, I don't want to get ass rammed by a man dressed like a giant wolf, but there are anthropomorphic creatures that I would literally trade my soul to fornicate with if I'm being grossly honest, I'm more attracted to these characters as of recently, but this dates back to when I was really young, it was always destined to happen I feel like

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some Binx info:

Name: Binx

Species: coyote 

Eye color(s): Pink and green 

Fur color: black and white 

Accessories: two earrings in each ear, grey and white scarf or ascot, black bracelets with spikes

General story: Binx was a cheerful coyote, since he was a little pup, he wanted to be an artist and youtuber. He ended up becoming an artist/youtuber. He was really glad to have become what he wanted to be and uploaded weekly. But he got hate comments for being a furry, he just didn’t care. He tried to ignore it but couldn’t, eventually his friends, Sugar and Sweeya went on Youtube to get the haters to stop. After Sweeya roasted their butts online, the hate stopped.

the backstory is based on myself getting bullied by a jerk at school, he's mostly me :)

And also... Are Sonic Fan Characters considered furries? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have returned to this thread to say that I had a run in with my bully yesterday and he told me that my friend Matt said I support furries, which I know he didn't say because he doesn't talk to Daniel. So I turned my ass around in my chair before the teacher came in and I said to his dog shit looking ass face I said "Not all furries are bad d***head! Plus stop spreading rumors, it makes people hate you..."  I feel proud standing up for myself. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I joined the pony fandom before i even knew of furries, after i discovered them i didn't dive right into the community immediately, took me a few years before i started considering myself a furry and i now have a couple furry OCs. I'm very open to the idea of furs suiting and such, as well as other things. Yes I am a furry, although my brony side comes out more. :oh_golly:

• 2 months later...

I don't get why people have to compare furries to bronies. That's basically like saying I'm racist because I am from the southern parts of the united states. Bronies are not furries, get over it.

• 1 month later...

Nothing against or in favour of furries. Still, I understand the reason most people would distrust them, since it seems like the perfect hideout for pedophiles and predators. What a better way to lure a child, than dressing like a friendly looking mofo. Not that you can trust most people, anyways. My own family had grown up women who were grandmothers, showing pedophilic behaviour. So, it is a yikes subject. Since the problematic element is not the label. But the human that hides beneath. Still, a certain kind of people is attracted towards these activities. And I am not saying that everyone in the furry community is a degenerate. Only that there is a possibility for predators to become part of it, since this would grant them access to children. Like with churches and homosexual pedophiles. Same with the mlp community.

• 3 months later...
(edited)

It turns out I've pretty much always kind of been one I guess? I was a kid in the 90's and early 00's, So I grew up with a lot of cartoons and ads with anthro characters. In elementary/grade school I was in cub scouts (younger kid version of Boy Scouts.) The book is funny to look at now because there is an anthro wolf pack leader guy or something who's like on like every other page.:laugh:

SOOO I generally always liked anthro characters in entertainment. I just thought of it as normal and didn't think about it. THEN when I was middle school, the infamous CSI Furry episode aired.:blink:

This was my first exposure to "Furries" and any concept or idea of the community or anything. Internet at the time was still very commonly dial-up and pre-social media as we know it. After seeing that I NOPED away from that for YEARS.

I've come across some stuff over the years and then found MLP in my early 20's kind of by accident. I liked it because they were "talking animals" AND seemed to be late teens/early 20's which was odd/interesting to me- especially compared to what MLP was in the past. I also loved that it was flash animation- which I had some experience animating with a little in school. Well I've been around here since and have even gone to the G4 MLP movie with an MLP Facebook group. I met a furry couple (in normal clothes lol) that I sat across from when we went to dinner after. They were cool, and I wasn't thinking it was all like the CSI episode anymore. I still wasn't actively seeking anything more about it at the time though

THEN comes around thanksgiving last year. All the BS was going around about Zuckerberg and his "Metaverse" crap and I was getting mad thinking about him just trying to suck some cash out of it while sucking the soul and creativity out of it in the process before it even really had a chance to go anywhere.:unamused:

wiizuckerberg.png.ce4465b6b9309ca8aa0809e99a62d0ce.png

Well, with COVID going on the last couple years and  having to work normal throughout it, I missed out on what's going on with VR on the non-corporate side. It actually is pretty cool especially VRChat. I ended up finding videos about VR furries in VRChat when looking up VR. There were some using Omegle (random webcam chat site) so they would show up as their furry avatar to the other person and were recording their reaction/conversations. It was pretty funny. Then I found out that they stream on Twitch and it's pretty hilarious. There is definitely a spectrum in ratings though, I'm sure you get what I mean. The group I associate with now I would say generally is pg13 and kick out people being too obnoxious or lewd. The group also calls each other out if they use "furry words" aka equivalent to saying "everypony" or "every creature" which I love. I DON'T like nonsense talk. Basically they're pretty normal and discuss pretty normal things. The main difference is that everyone just has some kind of anthropomorphic avatar.

I have a project that is a webcomic/ animated shorts that got sidetracked big time by covid pretty much destroying 2 years of everyone's life. The main character I guess could be considered "furry related" somewhat. I may roll that project in with this VR stuff somehow as time goes on. I don't think the character could be my "fursona" since he's quite a bit different then me and has an accent (which is important), but we'll see. Who the hell knows, it might work and could be really fun, especially if I make all the settings I've thought up for the project into VRChat worlds. I mean there's a lot of possibilities with this VR stuff.

300300pt.jpg.3e2b48b67ff52b069e0335090ae63173.jpg

As for now I don't have a "fursona" per se, but I just have an avatar I use in VRChat.  it's a common model you can buy and customize called a Nardoragon. I just found a free "public" one that has a design I like. I'm working on getting a VR setup, but it's not cheap. You can use VRChat with just a keyboard, mouse and monitor, except your arms/hands just don't do anything. I have a microphone and generic Xbox style controller I've been using for now.

I've just ordered the graphics card to upgrade my old one, but I still have to get everything else set up where I want it and get internet at my house, since my phone in hotspot mode WON'T cut it for that LOL.

IRL though, I don't have any interest in getting a fursuit. I don't have anything against them, and the detail work on some is VERY cool. I just personally have zero interest myself in being a walking stuffed animal. Plus I have a thing of not liking blank staring eyes. At least in VRChat they lock on to what you're looking at and you can even get ACTUAL eye and face tracking if you want to spend the money.

Edited by Cirrus.

• 1 month later...

What furry artists do you follow? (Like on Deviantart, Furaffinity, Tumblr, etc.)

I don’t really know many but I like to watch them and how they make the suits! 
I wish I could do that but I’m bad at sewing patterns. :jazz-hooves-please:

What furry series do you follow? (Webcomics? TV? Fictions?)I watch a lot of animal cartoons if that counts

What's your favorite type of furry? 
I like mammals and birds but if their cute to.

What is your opinion on the notion that bronies and furries are one and the same? (Once again, no right or wrong answer)

nah their different but I have seen some with ponies at pony cons!

What do you think of anthropomorphic versions of MLP characters?the ones I’ve seen are cool

I’m more of a wannabe fury. :PIPPIPHURRAY:
I don’t do it and I don’t make suits or anything but I tried to make a character though it was a cockatiel griffen type thing but that’s about as far as I went. I think it’d be cool to have a suit even but I’m to fat for that. xD

Edited by Twitchy-Tremor