Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I have a feeling that this topic may have been brought up before, but did not attract too much attention at the time. We all know that Celestia and Luna we two of the original SIX wielders of the Elements of Harmony. So? Who are the other four? I have a feeling that Star Swirl the Bearded, Cadence, Discord, and Chrysalis as well, were the original wielders.

Q:  Were Celestia and Luna the only wielders of the Elements of Harmony? or did they have 4 others? What Elements did they represent?

A: Yes. They discovered them. They each had 3, but I never thought about who got what. Once Celestia used them on her sister, she could not wield them anymore. She had to wait for Twi and friends to reignite them.

Source: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/lauren-fausts-twitter-questions-and.html

Lauren confirmed that Luna and Celestia were in fact the only two wielders of the Elements back then. She said she never thought about which ones they represented, but if I had to guess, Celestia would be kindness, magic and honesty and Luna would be laughter, generosity and loyalty. Perhaps being an alicorn allows you to wield vaster magical capacity in general; ergo why they each could use three.

• Brohoof 1

I'd be much more interested to know if anyone wielded the Elements of Harmony before Luna and Celestia. I mean the elements must have come from somewhere, and I doubt that the royal sisters made them, so who made them and and what was the original reason why?

(edited)

Actually, didn't Celestia say in "Return of Harmony" that she and Luna defeated Discord by using the Elements? I think that they actually wielded all of the Elements by themselves. Mainly because I don't think Cadance or Star Swirl were either around those times.

Star Swirl, I think, never even knew Celestia. That's because in "Hearth's Warming Eve" we have Clover the Clever, who is the student of Star Swirl. The Hearth's Warming Eve story takes place in time before either Celestia or Luna were around. Therefore Star Swirl wasn't living during the same time period as Celestia and Luna.

Cadance then... Well quite obviously, Cadance was still a teenager when Twilight was a child. I presume her to be about the same age with Shining Armor. It is explained in the book "Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell" how Cadance became a princess, and I don't think it was a thousand years ago... Also mentionable, the book IS canon.

So simply put, Star Swirl is too old to be a wielder and Cadance is too young.

Personally, I believe that Celestia was the bearer of the Elements of Magic, Kindness and Generosity, while Luna wielded the Elements of Honesty, Laughter and Loyalty. But that's just my headcanon :3

(Note that this opinion is based on things that I have heard to be canon, but I haven't actually double-checked any of the facts :P)

Edit: Well, looks like I was a bit late :D ~Chaotic Discord~ beat me to it. Thanks for clarifying things :P Can't argue with that source XD

Edited by Jamza
  • Brohoof 1

Well evidence doesn't lie. Oh well back to the drawing conspiracy board. And I was so anxious to see the back story episode of that. As for why I said these things however, Star Swirl and Cadence original wielders, I believe, though I may be mistaken, that Lauren Faust or another writer was/is a whovian=fan of Doctor Who thus giving into the whole immortal concept plus one other, regeneration where the Doctor, to avoid death, regenerated into a new form.

I assumed that the Alicorns would follow a somewhat same but different procedure where Cadence recently changed her form serving to a more kinder, gentler form(Kindness). Chrysalis I thought may have been in some sort of regeneration mishap of some kind giving her the power to change her form at will therefore darkening her soul into the deceitful liar(Opposite of Honesty) Discord a similar fate where he received a... oh you know that stuff.Falling into despair(Opposite of Laughter) of not being able to return to a normal pony state.

Luna, well we know the story how she became greedy, lied, and used Dark magic to change her form into Nightmare Moon.(Opposites of Generosity,Honesty.Magic)Star Swirl may have been an Alicorn as well. Lets say Twicorn wore her Star Swirl the Bearded costume. Would we be able to see her wings? Same goes for Star Swirl we wouldn't know. Too little details, but obviously the giant details that Only Celestia and Luna could wield the Elements of Harmony completely went over my head. In my opinion Celestia would've most likely wielded Loyalty, because well if all you're closest friends turned insane and you and Cadence were the Last sane wielders and you had to run an entire country... you'd have to be pretty loyal, learn to laugh, and be kind with your subjects.

By and by, It was a pretty good theory while it lasted. Oh well. Maybe next time I should do more research upon the subject. Thanks for the responds.

I think only Celestia and Luna were the ones who controlled the elements of harmony. I don't think the other characters would weald them. 

With Star Swirl it's hard to place what point of time he is in. In Luna Eclipses, it seems that Luna know him and the fact he has his own wing at the Canterlot Library, but in Hearts Warming Eve, they don't say if he is alive or dead. I think he still is alive, but was very distant from everypony. So I don't think he would be able to wield an element.

They used the elements on Discord. So no way he was a wielder.

For Chrysalis I don't think she was an alicorn. I think she was born a changeling.

Cadence was not born an alicorn and was a pegasus at first. Now I have not read the book yet, but it may show she was in the same time period as Shining Armor.