Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

(Scrap my story what i said earlier in this)

Yes yes yes & another yes!. My parents do now i watch the show, i told my dad it was difficult to tell him since he is a Ex professional Rugby player, very hard to see a huge guy take in that his son likes ponies. So earlier today i told my mum, she said (I know something like that your dad told me) and she told me to carry on telling her so i did.

After i told her she said the most beautiful thing i have ever heard from my own mum (You are what you are, liking different things makes you the person who you are today, If you are unsure because people might take the Mick out of you, then ignore them, Youare the one who controls your actions, emotions & what you like and don't like).

I'll forever treasure that moment :'D

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching the season 4 premiere when my dad came in to work on something. The TV was in his field of vision, but I'm not sure if he registered what exactly I was watching. He didn't really comment on it. I've been hiding it because I'm worried that they'll lump Bronies in the same group as Furries (whom they see as a major source of "stranger danger"), but I've done some wishful thinking/daydreaming about watching the newest ep in full view. I know that there's the whole "Haters Gonna Hate" meme, and I shouldn't really care what people think of my interests, but does that extend to one's parents?

Yes my mother and my family is well aware that I am a brony.  In fact my mom's best friend's daughters got me a comic book with applejack (which is my favorite of the main 6) and it included a poster of twilight sparkle with stickers in it.

Best Christmas yet. 10/10 would do again.

My parents don't know. Only my sister knows, and I've already caught crap about it. I haven't really told anyone cause I would catch crap about it all the time. I have a friend who has told some of my other friends that he's a brony (I use the term lightly for him because he's only seen two episodes), and they give him crap about. They don't mean it though. I just don't want to deal with that right now because I catch enough crap about liking video games. I know that more likely than not my parents would flip out.  :( It stinks too because I really want some merch.

Nope.  I live on the other side of the country and I've never had any of my family come visit me (they make me come to them :P) so I haven't had any reason to tell them. 

I mean I could see having to tell them if they walked in and saw plushies, but I don't know how or why I would call my mom out of the blue and start telling her how I'm obsessed with a cartoon.  I know she wouldn't care one way or another, but I just feel like calling someone and telling them about being a brony like you're coming out of the closet makes it way bigger of a deal than it actually is.

Well I posted here before, but unlike last time, now I'm happy to say that my entire(immediate) family knows that I'm a brony. And I have to say, it was alot less painful telling them than I thought it would be. And no, they don't care, although my mom made it clear that she'd probably tease me about it on occasion.

Yes...my parents (and most of my family) know I'm a brony. My mom likes to sing the MLP theme song off-key to tease me. :) And I have some pony merchandise.

Not only do my parents know, but so do pretty much all my friends at school. :derp:  I told them pretty much one by one. They sometimes joke around and say that they're going to tell someone else, but all I ever say is "I really don't care if X knows." Which I don't. I don't go blurting it out to the whole world, but if someone were to ask me or find out somehow, I wouldn't be shaken up about it at all. If they think that my opinion is stupid, then they obviously aren't good enough to be my friend.  :fiery:

My entire family knows it, and some like to tease me about it but I don't really mind it. My parents actually buy me merch sometimes when they're out shopping or something. All of my friends know, too, and couldn't care less about it. 

Yeah they do, but they don't really mind. They just chalk it up to me being weird (which is a compliment, coming from my family, because my whole family is weird lol) they're more concerned about me being transgender and bisexual.

Aaand my vote changed from yesterday :P

I just mentioned it to my mom because we were talking about Weird Al and I wanted to mention he was going to be on it...

Do my parents know if I'm a brony? No sir, they haven't the slightest clue and I'm not in any rush to tell them. Do you have any idea how incredibly awkward that conversation would be where I have to explain it to them?

I could really do with telling them so that I can order some merchandise off of the internet, seeing as there isn't any where I live.

I know how you feel.  I can't imagine telling my parents either.  So I just keep it a secret for now...