Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

No, my parent doesn't (i said that because i dont have a mom) but i dont want to tell my dad because im 14 and my brother is 20 he lives alone and he has a job and he will probably laugh his ass off at me and call me gay because he doesn't understand and the fact that my dad doesn't know anything about the social media stuff and he just figured out how to use facebook and he's 43 (lol) but he doesn't even know what mlpfim is and he will just laugh and say its for 8 year old girls but he doesn't understand i need help on how to tell him so i can buy merch and stuff :D

(edited)

My mother knows that I'm in love with a pegasus pony with a baby blue coat. x3  Oh, and that I watch a show featuring colorful equines.  That, too.

My father, as is usually the case, is still dead.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby

Nope i on't BELIEVE they know, but there is a slight chance they might, i don't own anything pony related because i'm afraid they might figure it out. I mean, i'm lucky i stay with them at my age, i'm 19 and in no rush to possibly give them a reason for me to have to leave or anything. 

At first I tried to keep it a secret but then I broke. My mother's reception was alright but the idea of grown men watching, collecting, and having anything to do with MLP seems obscured to her. Eventually it turned out okay.

Okay, so I said in an older post that I haven't but that might change. Well, that is no longer the case. I have decided that I'm not going to tell them ever.

True story: My Dad teased me about My Little Pony when I was younger because when I absolutely hated My Little Pony. That isn't the case anymore, but it still annoys me. 

My mom knows I'm a brony since she caught me and my fiancée watching the show one time last summer. Good thing my dad was out that day so he never found out.

And I never admitted to my dad that I'm a brony before he died.

My parents saw me watching the show a few times. My sister thinks it's weird, but they don't. My mom just said "Well it's a lot better than a lot of the crap on TV nowadays!" and my dad could honestly care less. They're aware that I like drawing ponies and buying pony stuff. My mom even knows that I frequent the forums.  They only seem to look down on spending my hard earned money to go to Ciderfest this upcoming year. :awuh:

Mine know. When I watched two episodes, I walked up to my mom and said I love "My Little Pony." She stared at me and said okay. So, now everytime my parents are out and see something pony related, they usually buy it. My dad also likes to randomly shout "My Little Pony", just to get my attention. -.- Plus, I have a bunch of merch and wear shirts in public, so yeah, they know and don't care. XD

Lets be honest here even if they had a problem with it you would kill them.

(edited)

They don't know. Part of me wants to tell them, just to see what happens. All I know is that they won't like it. Whether they would dislike it to the point of doing anything about it is up in the air.

What I do know is that the fallout ought to be supremely entertaining to watch no matter how it plays out, especially considering that they think I'm a perfectly "normal" person with "normal" interests, but if they're too hostile I would be too busy picking up the pieces of my shattered social standing to enjoy the spectacle.

All of that said, I would love to start collecting merch so I may end up telling them one day.

Edited by J-115

Everyone in my family knows, but I still try to cover up my want to watch MLP by saying that I'm going to marathon a game or something. In my Special Ed classes, we talk about what happened in our weekends, and then when I talk about the fact that I watched MLP, I lie and say that I watched Evangelion.

(edited)

No, my parents do not know I'm a brony, neither do the rest of my family, neither do any of my RL friends.. to be honest I plan on keeping it that way as I know for a fact that they would not take it well that I watch MLP at all. So it's for the best that I keep it to myself. I do get the temptation sometimes though, I've been wanting to talk about the show face to face with someone for a long time.

Edited by AtomicStone

Yes, my parents know that I am a brony. I remember telling them when we visited my sister in California in December of 2012. About a day before going home I remember telling my family about an anime convention I wanted to attend. I was looking on the convention website about what the convention had to offer. It was then I saw an MLP panel on how to make a figure or a plush. I told my parents about it and my mom said that it's cool as long as it makes me happy. My dad said okay, but I think it didn't really matter to him. My sister was against it because she used to like MLP back when she was little and she probably thought it was weird for me to like it. Over time though, she had gotten used to me liking MLP and is okay with it. 

Yah,  I don't hide my nerd side at all even at work or with my friends.  I mean if people or my friends get upset with me liking a show about colored magic ponies given what is going on in the wider world,  than they have the problem and need to grow up. :nom:

• Brohoof 1