Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

I am pretty much a guy who runs around with a pony shirt almost everyday. So there is pretty much no use hiding my Brony identity.

My parents are very tolerant people so they pretty much accept me for who i am.

NO, absolutly not! Can you imagine sayin to yer parents 'I'm a brony, I like My Little Pony', they would just laugh at me! Well, maybe not my my mom, but my dad would probably laugh.

My parents don't know yet. I keep it more or less to myself around family, however, I do have some pony stuff in my room, not hidden, but not blatant. One of these days they will see something and ask, at which point I will casually say "yeah,  I'm a brony, I watch MLP". My parents probably wouldn't fully approve, but they wouldn't care enough to say anything about it. I would rather have it come out naturally with no fuss than actually say I'm a brony. 

My entire family knows, I tell people even when I have no way of telling what their reaction will be. I guess that's why I actually get mlp things when I ask for them, since my stepfather loves cartoons, it doesn't bother him.

All of my friends and family are aware that I am a brony, most accompanied with very amusing reactions when they first found out.  Plus, I am constantly walking around with pony dog tags and other apparel on and my back pack is adorned with pony pins, so it is hardly a surprise that they took a curious notice.

In fact, I met one of my best friends because I walked by him when I was wearing a small Rainbow Dash cutie mark pin on the collar of my jacket.  Best way to start a friendship: ask who is best pony.  Certainly worked for my friend and me.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I tend to shout out things all the time to everyone, I could say, that I tend to say "too much" to everyone. I happen to start talking about my future (kind of extreme) dreams to strangers I met online, I mean, first time I met them, start talking about kind of really personal stuff.

My confirmation students (i'm a young leader) also know it, they find it very funny. The priest finds it very funny, my young-leader friends find it very funny aswell, my parents is like "okay, good for you *small laughter* " . They dont' mind very much, but I supopse they might mind the tons of cash it will cost for the pony merch, but well, I have lots of cash, I'll survive :)

So, yes, of course. I feel even more proud to be a brony when people look weird at me for liking MLP, I laugh with them and think "HAH, I*M SO MUCH COOLER THAN YOU ARE!" 

My whole family knows they don't care sometimes they come home with merch. for me like DVDs books and etc they even order stuff from hot topic for me like head phones shirts and other stuff cx :D

Edited by rainbowdashie495
  • Brohoof 1

Well, as I said before on this same topic, I haven't told them.  But I'm thinking of telling it to my sister, she's older than me and also really into internet stuff, so I'm sure she knows about the brony fandom

My parents know and they are really nice about it. They even buy me things sometimes, when I first told them I was a brony I got 3 rainbow dash toys the next day. It was pretty great.

Oh you lucky.. I haven't told them about it and I'm dying to get some merch :c

I believe my parents know, and some of the people at my job know about it too. I still don't wear shirts in public. But, I have been able to walk around the house in My Little Pony shirts without my dad having a big lecture with me. So, as you can imagine, they don't really buy me stuff. They just Accept it.

yes now they do they really don't care but my cousion found out recently . he came over one day and playing left for dead as fluttershy and he asked are you a brony and I said yes

No but my sisters are on to me.  They also like the show but aren't really too old to have a real conversation about it.  My parents wouldn't really care if I told them or even remember, they barely remember my birthday but that's a good thing to me! 

Edited by SoleSivea

Do my parents know if I'm a brony? No sir, they haven't the slightest clue and I'm not in any rush to tell them. Do you have any idea how incredibly awkward that conversation would be where I have to explain it to them?

I could really do with telling them so that I can order some merchandise off of the internet, seeing as there isn't any where I live.

I know how you feel, the UK is a slightly more lonely place for us bronies. I'm the only one within many miles around. I had to order something over from the US that would of cost the equivalent of $40 over there. Instead it cost me the equivalent of $100...

Well nearly all my family knows. But they don't really know what the show is. I told my mom, and she had no clue what the heck My Little Pony was. My sister does, and she knows, as do lots of my friends. Though not many at my school have a clue what the show is. They know the name, and that it has ponies, but that's about it lol.

Oh, you don't even want to know how much crap my parents give me for being a Brony. My younger brother won't let me live it down for crying out loud. The only haven I have is a couple friends at school and the Internet forums. Seriously, you guys are awesome, I can't stress this enough.

I can't say both of my parents know that I am a brony, but I can say my mom does. I only hid my bronydom for about 3 or so months. After that, I realized that I don't care who knows or what they say. When I told my mother, she was confused more then anything, but now she just gives me crap for it. In a friendly way of course. Now my father on the other hand, is a different story. Let's just say that if some religions are true, then he is looking down (or up as he would say huh.png ) on me wondering what the heck is wrong with that weirdo.laugh.png

I don't hide my bronydom at all, besides, it's kinda hard to do so when you wear a winged Derpy backpack to school every day.derpy_emoticon2.png

So far, the only people in my family that know are my mother and sister. My sister finds it kind of funny, and tolerates my making references, and actually likes some of the Brony made music. My mom is alright with me being a fan of the show, though she has admitted to not understanding the entire Brony phenomenon.

My dad is as of yet unaware (he saw me on the forums here a couple times in passing, but he made no comment, nor do I think he caught/understood where I was.) My oldest brother might know, as he's fixed our computers multitudes of times and has seen my Brony music downloads, and the fact Google shows you your most frequented spots, which include this and another forum. I know that he is aware of the show, and to an extent the fandom, as when explaining to my mother what the 'Fus Ro Dah' meme was, he showed her an MLP version of it. My second oldest brother is unaware, so far as I know.

Well, my legal guardians do, for what it's worth biggrin.png

I don't know how to explain this without it being awkward because I can't call them my parents, so lemme think.

My mother-figure I was very open with about it from the get go, because she's always supportive of my choices, as long as they're not illegal or anything.

My father-figure knows, but he doesn't approve. Then again, he gets his opinions on everything from Fox News, so...yeahh.

No one I know actually knows about my secret obsession. blush.png  I'm real shy about it. Living and working in a small town lends it's self to some pretty closed minded opinions of these sorts of things, if you know what I mean. I just keep to myself about it really.

My parents probably would think it's hilarious, but they wouldn't shun the idea either. I honestly don't know how they'd really react.

I've been working up to it, it's surprisingly harder than I thought. The only harder bit is telling my non brony friends that I've been hooked :) . Altough I'm fairly certain that my mother already knows. She's heard a few episodes playing and seen my Rainbow Dash desktop background. Thinking about it actually does make me curious as to whether or not she does know.

Hello again! I told my mom about it yesterday, and I was surprised she's actually pretty ok with it. I actually even recommend everypony to tell it to their parents. She's even gonna take me to buy some merch tomorrow! ^^

Edited by Red End