Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Controversial and Unpopular Video Game Opinions.

RoboGuy9000

I think that CoD sucks.

Alot. It's just a rehash of any other first person shooter out there, with severe balancing issues and (recently) pretty lacking campaigns.

Oh wait. That's what everyone over the internet thinks.

Diablo 3 sucks compared to Diablo 2.

That's an unpopular opinion? That seems to be the consensus among the player base.

I'm still enjoying it, but I don't put the hours in that others do. I'm currently in Act III Hell, about to hit 60, and after a build change, I kinda like the challenge.

Fallout New Vegas is better than Fallout 3. From having ten times more weapons and armor, more interesting setting, and less-depression, I like it a lot more than fallout 3, and I really think obsidian took a lot of time when making New Vegas.

To anyone saying CoD sucks, I woudn't consider that an unpopular opinion anymore :P. I mean it makes up a lot of these comments. That being said......

Actually, I got nothing else :mellow:. I mean, I love CoD and I'm super excited for Black Ops II, but I've made that clear many times, so that's nothing new

Edited by akimBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Fallout New Vegas is better than Fallout 3. From having ten times more weapons and armor, more interesting setting, and less-depression, I like it a lot more than fallout 3, and I really think obsidian took a lot of time when making New Vegas.

The depression and despair of Fallout 3 is what made it so good. Fallout has always been known for it's open world-ness and New Vegas put you on a guided path. South of Goodsprings, then to the east, go north to Novak, go more north to the Strip, pick your faction, win. I liked 3 much more, though their were alot of improvements over 3, like the different armors and weapons and ammos. I just think that Fallout 3 is the superior game.

Don't get me wrong, I love NV too :)

The depression and despair of Fallout 3 is what made it so good. Fallout has always been known for it's open world-ness and New Vegas put you on a guided path. South of Goodsprings, then to the east, go north to Novak, go more north to the Strip, pick your faction, win. I liked 3 much more, though their were alot of improvements over 3, like the different armors and weapons and ammos. I just think that Fallout 3 is the superior game.

Don't get me wrong, I love NV too :)

Oh yeah I totally agree, 3 was awesome, especially with the backstory of you being a vault stray. I also loved how 3 was more patriotic, people fighting for the good of America, and not themselves. And the craftable weapons, like the rock-it-launcher and the railway rifle, were so much fun.
  • Brohoof 1

Infinity Ward/Activision made a BUCK Load of money with all these new Call of Dutys, but they can atleast spend some of that money on a much higher tech. game engine, better/more employees such as graphics designers, writers, etc. and spend atleast more than 1 year making a new Call of Duty. Call of Duty profits from sales and DLC is practically just sitting in I.W/Activision's money vault, bieng put to no use but bragging rights and coffee.

I would like to see if several gaming companies came together for one epic game, like Bungie, BF team, Project aces, even the guys from C&C3. It would definately be an interesting thing to see.

Infinity Ward/Activision made a BUCK Load of money with all these new Call of Dutys, but they can atleast spend some of that money on a much higher tech. game engine, better/more employees such as graphics designers, writers, etc. and spend atleast more than 1 year making a new Call of Duty. Call of Duty profits from sales and DLC is practically just sitting in I.W/Activision's money vault, bieng put to no use but bragging rights and coffee.

I would like to see if several gaming companies came together for one epic game, like Bungie, BF team, Project aces, even the guys from C&C3. It would definately be an interesting thing to see.

What about Treyarch?

Also, I admit, as much as I love CoD, I still don't know how in the hell it became as popular as it is today. I mean, it got LUCKY, and I mean REAL LUCKY :wacko:

What about Treyarch?

Also, I admit, as much as I love CoD, I still don't know how in the hell it became as popular as it is today. I mean, it got LUCKY, and I mean REAL LUCKY :wacko:

I honestly don't know how C.o.D became as popular as it did, but most likely of C.o.D 4's release, because it was something very new and exciting to FPS gaming at the time. Treyarch, I like Treyarch, i've always loved their games the most, though they didn't make C.o.D like they used to with the Blackops series, I still prefer them over I.W anyday, but that's just me :lol:

I honestly don't know how C.o.D became as popular as it did, but most likely of C.o.D 4's release, because it was something very new and exciting to FPS gaming at the time. Treyarch, I like Treyarch, i've always loved their games the most, though they didn't make C.o.D like they used to with the Blackops series, I still prefer them over I.W anyday, but that's just me :lol:

Well, CoD4 is still considered the greatest Call of Duty by the general consesus (The consesus being smart and mature, for the most part), and I can see why. It's also not often a game get's a 94% rating on Metacritic and GameRankings (MW2 got a 94% rating on the big review sites for the most part also, while MW3 got a 89% rating :mellow:)
  • Brohoof 1

The Shadow Hearts series, Star Ocean series, Legend of Dragoon, Rogue Galaxy, Super Mario RPG, and Chrono Cross are the best RPG games ever made. Call of Duty was never good. I've never enjoyed a single Sonic game. Wind Waker is the best Legend of Zelda Game. Super Mario World is the best traditional side scrolling game. Conker's Bad Fur Day had the best multiplayer on the Nintendo 64, and it was the best game on the system. The only thing close was Star Fox 64.

Well, CoD4 is still considered the greatest Call of Duty by the general consesus (The consesus being smart and mature, for the most part), and I can see why. It's also not often a game get's a 94% rating on Metacritic and GameRankings (MW2 got a 94% rating on the big review sites for the most part also, while MW3 got a 89% rating :mellow:)

(This post will increase my badge rank) I honestly wish that there were more games like C.o.D 4, it just seems way more balanced and simple than the other C.o.Ds. They're good games honestly, but I think they're very imbalanced with the guns and such. :blink:

(This post will increase my badge rank) I honestly wish that there were more games like C.o.D 4, it just seems way more balanced and simple than the other C.o.Ds. They're good games honestly, but I think they're very imbalanced with the guns and such. :blink:

Funny thing is, MW2 is arguably the most unbalanced of the CoD's, yet it is mah favorite of them all. It has this fun factor in it, which is present if you get a somewhat good lobby. Every CoD game could've been good, even great, for a lot of people if the douchebags didn't exploit all the problems in it -_-.

Funny thing about that gun balancing is, I heard this one guy said that "all the weapons in MW2 are overpowered, which makes them balanced :lol:"

• Brohoof 1

Can't remember if I posted in this thread already or not, but I tend to enjoy a lot of games others hate. I won't say they aren't bad or flawed games, but they aren't "that bad" to me. Some games include:

Final Fantasy VIII (My favorite game in the series, actually)

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus (Not my favorite game in the series, though)

Shadow the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Sonic R

Lots of Sonic and FF, apparently. And no, I am not an apologist for the travesties that are "Final Fantasy XIII" or "Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood". I mean I have SOME standards...

I've never really liked Inifinity Ward's CoD games. They don't have the same level of awesomeness as Treyarch when it comes to storytelling.

Infinity Ward also recycles old maps way too often. A recent example is when they brought Terminal (The airport) from Modern Warfare 2 into Modern Warfare 3 as DLC. There's a few tiny differences, but overall it's the exact same.

I've never really liked Inifinity Ward's CoD games. They don't have the same level of awesomeness as Treyarch when it comes to storytelling.

Infinity Ward also recycles old maps way too often. A recent example is when they brought Terminal (The airport) from Modern Warfare 2 into Modern Warfare 3 as DLC. There's a few tiny differences, but overall it's the exact same.

treyarch may have a good story line... but, they started sucking at MAKING a game, i'm sorry but black ops was an epic campaign, but the graphics sucked. It's the only COD that i didn't buy, just like halo wars.

treyarch may have a good story line... but, they started sucking at MAKING a game, i'm sorry but black ops was an epic campaign, but the graphics sucked. It's the only COD that i didn't buy, just like halo wars.

The only thing that ruined Black Ops graphically for me was the weird light glare effect making it seem like it was supposed to be a film reel.

I just hope they deliver awesomeness with Black Ops 2, particularly in the zombie mode.

I don't even know why Bungie though Halo Wars was a good idea... I've played the demo of it, but even as a Command & Conquer fan, it didn't seem to have the same level of strategy and it just fell flat on its face.

The only thing that ruined Black Ops graphically for me was the weird light glare effect making it seem like it was supposed to be a film reel.

I just hope they deliver awesomeness with Black Ops 2, particularly in the zombie mode.

I don't even know why Bungie though Halo Wars was a good idea... I've played the demo of it, but even as a Command & Conquer fan, it didn't seem to have the same level of strategy and it just fell flat on its face.

i just thought the proportions in black ops were off. but i have high hopes for black ops 2 don't get me wrong

I don't think bungie made halo wars... besides playing Starcraft 2 makes it look like garbage anyways.

• Brohoof 1

i just thought the proportions in black ops were off. but i have high hopes for black ops 2 don't get me wrong

I don't think bungie made halo wars... besides playing Starcraft 2 makes it look like garbage anyways.

Bungie did not make Halo wars. The game itself was made by Ensemble studios which had made popular RTS in the past like age of empires. The story element was constructed by 343 Industries.

Also guys I think Sleeping Dogs is just another generic 3rd person shooter trying to jump in on the Grand Theft Auto craze

Ace Combat Assault Horizon was the worst game in the Ace Combat series. While most people disagree with me on that for many reasons, I hated it because it was repetitive, had no replay value, Seemed more of an on-rails shooter than a sei-arcades flight sim, and the story was very weak and seemed ripped off from COD 4, at least compared to the other AC games. Plus, many scenes are scripted just so that the enemy will explode in the most violent way possible. In other words, he won't die until he reaches a certain point in the chase, meaning you waste about 10 missiles on an enemy that won't take damage until a certain point in the chase. . All Assault Horizon did was made me lose faith in Prokect Aces for putting out a half-assed game that was intended to appeal to the stereotypical COD fan. I don't want to see Ace Combat turned into a COD inspired dog fighter, I wanna see the emotionally powerful storylines, lovable characters, replay value, and super weapons from previous titles! I do like the real world setting, but there is no reason why Project Aces can't put a great story and gameplay from previous AC titles into a real world setting.

Edited by La Li Lu Le Lo

You know what I'm getting sick off? Call of Duty and the COD community. When ever the news says that "The new call of duty game is the best selling game in the world", I am really disappointed. I usually find that a bunch of 12 year olds and lifeless gamers buy the game. I mean the only reason that 12 year olds buy Call of Duty is just so that they can be accepted in middle school.... that is a real shame. And don't even get me started on the community and fanboys. I mean come on, the last thing I want to hear is that they think Call of Duty are the best games in the world and think that classics such as Street Fighter 2, Super Mario bros 3, Ocarina of Time, and even Halo: Combat Evolved are the worst games out there.

This really rustles my jimmies.

• Brohoof 1