Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Controversial and Unpopular Video Game Opinions.

RoboGuy9000

Here we go...

- I cant decide between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3. (Why not play both! Yeah.)

- NES is the best console. Best controller :3 and some of the games are just simply amazing.

- Xbox360 and Ps3 are both good consoles.

- Wii has some really good games, like Monster hunter tri and Sniper Elite.

- Skyrim is a bad game.

- Morrowind is one of the best RPG games that I have played.

- Fallout 3 is not bad, but I like the first two more.

- Cod World at war is the only good cod. (Black ops is forgiven because of the zombies :3 (Especially because of the "hack" that allows you to play 4 player split screen.))

- Zelda series aint really that good (Dont get me wrong, I really like the first game)

- There can never be too many pokemon games :3

- Someone should make a zombie game that is based in the surviving.

- Left 4 dead games suck, especially on consoles. Split screen for only 2 players (Seriously?) :angry:

- Ubisoft should really start making the good old might and magic RPG games again.

- Halo wars would have been a good PC game. :(

- Final fantasy... Just no.

- Chrono trigger is a good game.

- Sega Megadrive is an underrated console.

- How can someone call half-life boring o_O?

- Duke Nukem forever was actually quite good.

- Angry bird sucks as a game (And it does copy Castle crashers and all the other similiar games.) But I thank it for waking up all the other finnish game makers. People just seemed to like the game and bought it, no need to hate Rovio or the game for that.

- I think that the older Resident evil games are really good and better than the new ones. But srsly what game could beat those master pieces?

- The old castlevania games are better than the new ones (with the exception of the castlevania: lord of shadows, which was a great game.)

- Tzar: Burden of the crown is a really good but a highly underrated RTS game that I love, but nopony seems to know.

- RTS games are highly underrated anyways. (Nothing beats a good lan game of AoE2 with 7 friends.) (Not to forget Heroes 3)

- Battlefield 3 campaign... Why did they have to make it so bad? (It really could have been my favorite FPS game...)

- Brothers in arms: Hells highway is the best FPS game in my opinion.

Haters gonna hate B)

Sry for the long post. All the "arguments" just made me want to post this here. Hehe :P

• Brohoof 1

I've gotten called a Call of Duty fanboy for saying that Halo is garbage. Halo is terrible. It's just another generic sci-fi shooter that gained way too many fans because... well, just because. Honestly, what ruined it for me was Master Chief. He feels so uninteresting that I find myself putting the game down before I can get anywhere. The most fun I had was local multiplayer on Halo 1. Haven't touched it since and don't think I ever will.

While we're on the subject of 'controversial gaming opinions,' Sephiroth is not a great villain. He's a fucking mama's boy with an emo haircut and ridiculously long sword. I hate Sephiroth. He's such a fucking wuss. Man, we need to see Kefka again. Now he was a villain. Fuck FF7, FF6 is where it's at.

Consoles are for pussies. The PC is where it's at. Give me a keyboard and mouse over a joystick any day of the week. I can't stand the ridiculously bloated devices that pass as controllers these days. Back in my day, we had a d-pad and two buttons. Hell, sometimes we didn't even have that much.

Oh, also, I hate online multiplayer. I'm so sick of this shit invading every game I buy. Sorry guys, I don't want to play online with 14 year olds screaming endless obscenities at one another.

Oh yeah, one more thing, fuck Xbox Live. I refuse to buy an Xbox 360 on the premise that I have to pay more money to play my games online. Nope, sorry, that doesn't fly with me. Even though I hate Sony with a fiery passion, they have the decency to let people play online for free. Speaking of Microsoft, fuck Games for Windows Live. And speaking of things like that, fuck Steam. And fuck Origin too. I hate online distribution. More consumer control, less forced DRM. Jackasses.

I've gotten called a Call of Duty fanboy for saying that Halo is garbage. Halo is terrible. It's just another generic sci-fi shooter that gained way too many fans because... well, just because. Honestly, what ruined it for me was Master Chief. He feels so uninteresting that I find myself putting the game down before I can get anywhere. The most fun I had was local multiplayer on Halo 1. Haven't touched it since and don't think I ever will.

While we're on the subject of 'controversial gaming opinions,' Sephiroth is not a great villain. He's a fucking mama's boy with an emo haircut and ridiculously long sword. I hate Sephiroth. He's such a fucking wuss. Man, we need to see Kefka again. Now he was a villain. Fuck FF7, FF6 is where it's at.

Consoles are for pussies. The PC is where it's at. Give me a keyboard and mouse over a joystick any day of the week. I can't stand the ridiculously bloated devices that pass as controllers these days. Back in my day, we had a d-pad and two buttons. Hell, sometimes we didn't even have that much.

Oh, also, I hate online multiplayer. I'm so sick of this shit invading every game I buy. Sorry guys, I don't want to play online with 14 year olds screaming endless obscenities at one another.

Oh yeah, one more thing, fuck Xbox Live. I refuse to buy an Xbox 360 on the premise that I have to pay more money to play my games online. Nope, sorry, that doesn't fly with me. Even though I hate Sony with a fiery passion, they have the decency to let people play online for free. Speaking of Microsoft, fuck Games for Windows Live. And speaking of things like that, fuck Steam. And fuck Origin too. I hate online distribution. More consumer control, less forced DRM. Jackasses.

That's what a fanboy would say -_-. Not everyone can afford a good PC made for gaming. Some games are good even for the sub-par PCs, but you make it sound like everyone needs one.

That's what a fanboy would say -_-. Not everyone can afford a good PC made for gaming. Some games are good even for the sub-par PCs, but you make it sound like everyone needs one.

Plus they were ripping on controllers being too big....when the PC is a clusterfudge of buttons, not meant for gaming but for typing.

I think every game in existence can take their quick-time events and shove it where the sun don't shine. I am perfectly capable of devising my own strategy to fight and vanquish a boss, I do not need a scripted event to play wet nurse to me and tell me how to do it. It's almost insulting.

Shit is for the birds.

Yeah I suck at them too lol. Ever play Shenmue 2? If you didn't hate QTEs before, you definitely will after.

The problem with Call of Duty isn't that it's the same game rereleased, but instead they change the wrong things in it. They went from a great working online system in 4, and threw balancing and any semblance of weapon realism out the window. Then, in Modern Warfare 2, they added so much useless fluff into the levels that the game will lag itself out as the system tries to process the fifty billion fluttering leaves, that it would stack with the already laggy online and make it practically unplayable. Then, they also added idiotic and one sided perks that had no business being there, and put nothing to really counter them in those slots. Modern Failure 2 is without a doubt the worst game I have ever played, and the only game I have gotten rid of. And I still own Enter the Matrix and Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit to put that in perspective. Call of Duty 4, was great fun. World at War, while having a few odd weapon stats and the Mp40 and Stg44 were a tad bit of "Jesus guns," it was still great fun. Black Ops, was also a very fun game and actually tried to fix some of the problems of Call of Duty (such as quick scoping, which contrary to most CoD fanboys opinions, quick scoping is not the legitimate way to use a sniper rifle, and "hard scoping," or actually aiming with it, is not the cheap and skilless way to use it. It's the other way around, and the only reason quick scoping and dolphin diving are so popular on Call of Duty is because on the consoles, there is an aim assist that can not be deactivated, that will practically guarantee a hit with a quick scope, and dolphin diving causes your opponent's aim to slam into the ground).

Want games that are the same ones rereleased? The early Resident Evils (and Dino Crisis). They all have the same exactly gameplay with minor changes at most, and no one complained? Why? That's exactly what you should be doing. You keep what made your games fun, and change what needs to be changed to make it feel like a new game (such as story, setting, characters, weapons, and maybe a few new enemies or so). The Resident Evil to receive the biggest change was Code Veronica with certain weapons being dual wielded, giving you the ability to hit one enemy twice or hit two enemies at the same time, and the knife being able to hit an enemy more than once per swing (which made it a deceptively powerful weapon against weaker enemies).

That, is how you sequel.

Edited by Vy'drach

You guys wanna know my opinion? You sure you can handle it?!

I think Super Smash Bros Melee is funner than Street Fighter. All of them.

Sephiroth is not a great villain. He's a fucking mama's boy with an emo haircut and ridiculously long sword. I hate Sephiroth. He's such a fucking wuss. Man, we need to see Kefka again. Now he was a villain. Fuck FF7, FF6 is where it's at.

TAKE THAT BACK, YOU FIEND!

I do agree that Kefka is pretty awesome though.

Edited by SonOfTheNorthe

Why do you think that's a controversial opinion? A lot of people who have played Chrono Trigger think it's a good game. In fact, some of them call it a classic.

The problem with Call of Duty isn't that it's the same game rereleased, but instead they change the wrong things in it. They went from a great working online system in 4, and threw balancing and any semblance of weapon realism out the window. Then, in Modern Warfare 2, they added so much useless fluff into the levels that the game will lag itself out as the system tries to process the fifty billion fluttering leaves, that it would stack with the already laggy online and make it practically unplayable. Then, they also added idiotic and one sided perks that had no business being there, and put nothing to really counter them in those slots. Modern Failure 2 is without a doubt the worst game I have ever played, and the only game I have gotten rid of. And I still own Enter the Matrix and Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit to put that in perspective. Call of Duty 4, was great fun. World at War, while having a few odd weapon stats and the Mp40 and Stg44 were a tad bit of "Jesus guns," it was still great fun. Black Ops, was also a very fun game and actually tried to fix some of the problems of Call of Duty (such as quick scoping, which contrary to most CoD fanboys opinions, quick scoping is not the legitimate way to use a sniper rifle, and "hard scoping," or actually aiming with it, is not the cheap and skilless way to use it. It's the other way around, and the only reason quick scoping and dolphin diving are so popular on Call of Duty is because on the consoles, there is an aim assist that can not be deactivated, that will practically guarantee a hit with a quick scope, and dolphin diving causes your opponent's aim to slam into the ground).

Want games that are the same ones rereleased? The early Resident Evils (and Dino Crisis). They all have the same exactly gameplay with minor changes at most, and no one complained? Why? That's exactly what you should be doing. You keep what made your games fun, and change what needs to be changed to make it feel like a new game (such as story, setting, characters, weapons, and maybe a few new enemies or so). The Resident Evil to receive the biggest change was Code Veronica with certain weapons being dual wielded, giving you the ability to hit one enemy twice or hit two enemies at the same time, and the knife being able to hit an enemy more than once per swing (which made it a deceptively powerful weapon against weaker enemies).

That, is how you sequel.

This was in mah opinion it's biggest problem. People exploited SO many problems that the games just kept getting worse and worse in balancement.

• Brohoof 1

Here we go...

- I cant decide between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3. (Why not play both! Yeah.)

- NES is the best console. Best controller :3 and some of the games are just simply amazing.

- Xbox360 and Ps3 are both good consoles.

- Wii has some really good games, like Monster hunter tri and Sniper Elite.

- Skyrim is a bad game.

- Morrowind is one of the best RPG games that I have played.

- Fallout 3 is not bad, but I like the first two more.

- Cod World at war is the only good cod. (Black ops is forgiven because of the zombies :3 (Especially because of the "hack" that allows you to play 4 player split screen.))

- Zelda series aint really that good (Dont get me wrong, I really like the first game)

- There can never be too many pokemon games :3

- Someone should make a zombie game that is based in the surviving.

- Left 4 dead games suck, especially on consoles. Split screen for only 2 players (Seriously?) :angry:

- Ubisoft should really start making the good old might and magic RPG games again.

- Halo wars would have been a good PC game. :(

- Final fantasy... Just no.

- Sega Megadrive is an underrated console.

- How can someone call half-life boring o_O?

- Duke Nukem forever was actually quite good.

- Angry bird sucks as a game (And it does copy Castle crashers and all the other similiar games.) But I thank it for waking up all the other finnish game makers. People just seemed to like the game and bought it, no need to hate Rovio or the game for that.

- I think that the older Resident evil games are really good and better than the new ones. But srsly what game could beat those master pieces?

- The old castlevania games are better than the new ones (with the exception of the castlevania: lord of shadows, which was a great game.)

- Tzar: Burden of the crown is a really good but a highly underrated RTS game that I love, but nopony seems to know.

- RTS games are highly underrated anyways. (Nothing beats a good lan game of AoE2 with 7 friends.) (Not to forget Heroes 3)

- Battlefield 3 campaign... Why did they have to make it so bad? (It really could have been my favorite FPS game...)

- Brothers in arms: Hells highway is the best FPS game in my opinion.

Haters gonna hate B)

Sry for the long post. All the "arguments" just made me want to post this here. Hehe :P

I will invalidate your post now.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

HAH!

Anyway...

1. I never liked WOW.

2. Expansion packs are a waste of money, even if they are fun.

3. COD is horrible, and BF3 is too. The only reputable modern shooter is Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

There! I will now give autographs as best troll.

• Brohoof 1

This was in mah opinion it's biggest problem. People exploited SO many problems that the games just kept getting worse and worse in balancement.

Not to mention that while Treyarch tried to fix it's exploits (such as putting a rate of fire limiter on semi-automatic weapons so a turbo controller can't make them the fastest firing weapons in the game), InfinityWard attempted to cash in one them, can you say, "Hello official Modern Failure 2 turbo controller?" You could even see that the developers used them in the gameplay trailers.

• Brohoof 1

The mama's boy argument is (i find) over-used as evidence that Sephiroth is a terrible vilain. That argument is valid during the Nibelheim flashback only. Yes during the flashback we see him going insane and talking to his "mother" Jenova. however during the rest of the game Sephiroth is actually the one manipulating Jenova (and everyone else) and eventually merges with "it" (Jenova is a shapeshifter alien that is essentially genderless). He doesn't so much cry to his "mother" but rather schemes to use her for his goals.

I found Sephiroth's backstory fascinating. He was bread for the sole purpose of being a superhero, the Alpha-soldier that all the troops looked-up too, a war hero, the saviour the world. Until he discovered the horrible truth behind his origins, Sephiroth went insane, but then became a plotter from beyond the grave and was resurrected as a pseudo-demigod. Most of the original game focuses on him as the main villain, but people often overlook the time when he was once a hero, that in my humble opinion makes a big difference in his character study.

If i understand Kefka correctly his plan was to destroy the world: short and too the point!

Sephiroth planned to destroy the earth by summoning a giant meteor.

But in the advent children movie it was changed to: turning the earth into a vessel to use it to travel the universe and destroy other planets. That i find is a little more creative.

Mind you Kefka is still an excellent villain.

Edited by real_equestrian

Hey, this thread was all about "controversial opinions," was it not? If you're disagreeing, then I must be doing something right. I never people had to have a PC, but that I'm not a fan of consoles. I, however, worded my case very strongly.

Plus they were ripping on controllers being too big....when the PC is a clusterfudge of buttons, not meant for gaming but for typing.

I can play entire games with the mouse. Two buttons. Simple.

The keyboard is awesome for games. WASD. Best setup ever made. Everything is right there around those keys. At most, I have to use five fingers to play any game I have. Well, except World of Warcraft but I quit playing that ages ago.

It depends largely on the game for whether or not it's keyboard/mouse or controller friendly. Try playing Dark Souls with a keyboard. I can guarantee it'd be practically unplayable. The reason why is the keyboard has all of eight directions you can move, and no control over what speed you move. Games may put a walk feature in for keyboard, but that's all of two speeds to move.

Dark Souls, and it's predecessor Demon's Souls (a PS3 exclusive), is built upon precision movement, which you can not get with a keyboard. You can try to argue that point if you want, but you get eight directions where as a controller gets 360 of them. The only advantage keyboard and mouse really gets is an easier snap movement, but a little experience with a controller and you can do the same, provided you have a decent controller (such as the PS3 controller and not the Xbox controller).

The only thing PC has over consoles really is graphics right now, which means nothing to me, and is being threatened by new games such as Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros, which the trailer was made on a PC intentionally designed to have specs like the PS3. This will be released current gen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5IVOs5Pxh8

It looks practically lifelike, and that's an in-game graphics cinematic.

The other advantage, is mods, which are more than capable of being utilized on the consoles, provided developers actually allow mod support (such as Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3, which had full user created mod support). Fallout 3 on PS3 is moddable, though it's difficult as it's not intended to be.

Otherwise, it's a matter of pick your preference, shut up with the whole "PC Master Race" or "Console Fanboy" shit, sit down, and game to what you like. I prefer consoles, but that's me, and I'm not saying they're superior, just not inferior.

Edited by Vy'drach
  • Brohoof 2

Dark Souls was a god awful port. I was going to give it a run but then I got wind of the reviews and I'm not even going to bother. If it's unplayable, it's not worth my time. However, that's only one game out of thousands that might work better on consoles. Also, I'm not sure where you're getting eight directions from. I have 360 degrees with my mouse. Argue all you want but the mouse is fully capable of any movement those silly joysticks are capable of.

And now we're gonna talk about graphics? Laughable. A PC will always outdo a console in terms of power, whether it's graphical or processing. And that comes down to one simple thing: I can change my parts. Consoles can't change anything that makes a difference. Sure, consoles might be cutting edge at launch but a year... or probably less... down the road and the PC will already be way ahead in terms of specs. This is one area where the PC is unarguably superior. Seriously, the freedom to install new parts is fucking awesome.

Modding. lawl. We've been modding PC games for well over a decade so claiming that mod support is a feature for consoles is rather laughable. All you've given me is two games. Nearly the entire PC library is capable of being modded. This is old news for PC gamers.

In any case, it appears my opinion has been "controversial" enough to make one person butthurt over it. Fun.

However, there is one thing and one thing alone that consoles have over PC: less shitty DRM methods. That's a bit of a plus so I'll give some credit where it's due. Short of that, I'd rather have a PC.

Edited by Sticky Apple

I have also played it. And I love it. FFIX had...what do you call it? Heart? Soul? Something I hadn't really associated with video games before, until I played that one.

But nobody remembers. The mainstream fans ignored it because it wasn't like VII, the more intellectual gamers I became friends with loved VIII instead...IX was the odd game out. I still have it, though. I really should play it again.

I'm another massive fan of Final Fantasy IX, mostly because I liked how Square managed to appeal to both old and new FF fans by reverting the old "medieval fantasy" feel of the game while adding elements from VI, VII, and VIII, such as some futuristic technology and the obvious "Trance" gameplay inspired by VII's Limit Breaks, to make the game have a wide variety of diversity and charm. The only thing I didn't like about the game is that I think it's the most easiest Final Fantasy to date in terms of level grinding, finding your way across labyrinths, scenes basically leading you in the right direction without any thinking or challenge involved, etc., basically the challenge aspect to it was just not there for me. But, as far as story, gameplay, and graphics (PS1 wise) go, it's definitely a must-play. I recommend it for people who are new to FF, because once again, it was far too easy for me and this is usually the general consensus amongst other FF fanatics as well.

Really, the only "controversial" gaming opinions I have is that I thought the Wii was such an inferior console for the last generation and that modern First Person Shooters lack creativity. I'm pretty much really wide open when it comes to gaming and I like to explore every genre's aspects.

Edited by AegisReflector

kinect is for casual gaming, half of the games are actually worth playing and you look like an idiot jumping in front of a screen, and it's for people with huge rooms, I have to calibrate mine every second and that gets annoying real fast. Also, It's was only driven to rival the wii, while ps3 move is like kinect and wii combined.

Not so much of a fan of motion gaming, I think it's a neat idea though, but I'm into virtual reality.

Edited by K3WRO
  • Brohoof 1

kinect is for casual gaming, half of the games are actually worth playing and you look like an idiot jumping in front of a screen, and it's for people with huge rooms, I have to calibrate mine every second and that gets annoying real fast. Also, It's was only driven to rival the wii, while ps3 move is like kinect and wii combined.

Not so much of a fan of motion gaming, I think it's a neat idea though, but I'm into virtual reality.

Ah yes. I forgot to mention that I'm not big on motion gaming either. To me, video games are all about the controllers, man! I see that there is a massive "health craze" going on where the intention is to get more active with your gaming experience, but it really just hinders the gameplay in my opinion, just because the sensors can act unpredictable and you might do an action you didn't intentionally set out to do. I just hate the new designs for the Wii and WiiU controllers, how you have to get batteries in order to charge up the sensor instead of just plugging in your controllers like in the previous consoles.

• Brohoof 1

Ah yes. I forgot to mention that I'm not big on motion gaming either. To me, video games are all about the controllers, man! I see that there is a massive "health craze" going on where the intention is to get more active with your gaming experience, but it really just hinders the gameplay in my opinion, just because the sensors can act unpredictable and you might do an action you didn't intentionally set out to do. I just hate the new designs for the Wii and WiiU controllers, how you have to get batteries in order to charge up the sensor instead of just plugging in your controllers like in the previous consoles.

I don't like wireless controllers either. I didn't want them. I think a lot of gamers would still buy wired controllers just to save money, but they're not even making them for the new systems. With that huge Wii-U controller coming along it's going to get even weirder. Quoting a friend of mine who knows more about it than I do:

"How do you play 2, 3, 4 people? Do you all have to have that controller? Because I think that controller's gonna be a massive amount of money. Does one guy get the really cool controller and the other get the stupid little Wiimote? How many of those controllers come with the WiiU, just the one? How much is an extra controller? I don't like paying $50 for an extra controller. It hurts every time. People come into my store and say 'how much for a PS3 controller? I tell 'em $50. 'How much for a wireless 360 controller?' $50. I hate doing that. And how much is that Wii controller going to cost?"

I don't want a fancy $100 controller with a touch-screen. Controllers should not be big valuable add-ons, they should be accessories. Simple and easy to replace. What's the gaming world coming to when you can't afford to throw your controller anymore? :mellow:

Edited by TailsAlone

FFVII is way overrated. Sure, it's a great game, an awesome game, and there are more minigames but FFVI will always be the better game to me. Better story, better music, more likable characters (at least to me, I prefer a charismatic thief who overcomes his past over a forever brooding loner), better combat, etc. Yes, FFVII has the materia system, but I think the esper system is better.

• Brohoof 1

Why do you think that's a controversial opinion? A lot of people who have played Chrono Trigger think it's a good game. In fact, some of them call it a classic.

I do know that many like the game, (Like I do) but there also seems to be quite an amount of people who hate the game for some reason.

Ok, it might not be as controversial as most of these opinions are, but does it really matter? :huh:

Edited by MuLeKsI

Controversial eh.

I think Fallout 3 and New Vegas are overrated and Metro 2033 is better.

I do not expect much from the new DMC.

Skyrim is another overrated game from Bethesda with the stupid knee joke.

I find BF3 boring. BF 1942, 2, and 2142 for the win.

I prefer playing FF IX. Nothing else matters.

• Brohoof 1