Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Controversial and Unpopular Video Game Opinions.

RoboGuy9000

You know what I'm getting sick off? Call of Duty and the COD community. When ever the news says that "The new call of duty game is the best selling game in the world", I am really disappointed. I usually find that a bunch of 12 year olds and lifeless gamers buy the game. I mean the only reason that 12 year olds buy Call of Duty is just so that they can be accepted in middle school.... that is a real shame. And don't even get me started on the community and fanboys. I mean come on, the last thing I want to hear is that they think Call of Duty are the best games in the world and think that classics such as Street Fighter 2, Super Mario bros 3, Ocarina of Time, and even Halo: Combat Evolved are the worst games out there.

This really rustles my jimmies.

Although I do enjoy a good FPS game from time to time (Black Ops II looks pretty cool with the futuristic setting), I have to say that the COD fan base is just as bad as the Sonic the Hedgehog fan base. Like you said, most people who play it are people who take games waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to seriously, or they are annoying 12 year old kids who whine and accuse you of hacking every time they lose.

• Brohoof 1

exactly

and how is it that angry birds plushies exist but not official MLP plushies!

I know you posted this a while ago, but... SO MUCH THIS! I have seen some small plushies pop up in Target, but they were only Twilight and I think Pinkie. Not even the whole mane six! And in my opinion, plushies should have some degree of cuteness to them, so I guess my controversial video game statement shall be that the Angry Birds aren't very cute and are a bit awkward to have has plushies.

I dislike almost every First-person shooter I've played (Halo being the only exception).

I own a copy of battlefield 3 that I got for Christmas I played it for 1 hour got bored and still haven't played it again.

And I have yet to play any Zelda games.The closest I got to playing one was in SSBB

Also I prefer Minecraft Xbox360 version to the pc version mostly because on the pc version I get 2-5 frames per second.

That's all the stuff I can think of right now.

The only thing that ruined Black Ops graphically for me was the weird light glare effect making it seem like it was supposed to be a film reel.

I just hope they deliver awesomeness with Black Ops 2, particularly in the zombie mode.

I don't even know why Bungie though Halo Wars was a good idea... I've played the demo of it, but even as a Command & Conquer fan, it didn't seem to have the same level of strategy and it just fell flat on its face.

You do know that Bungie did not make Halo Wars right? It was made by Ensemble studios. That's why it kind of sucked. If you do know this then sorry for being that guy. Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)

Also I prefer Minecraft Xbox360 version to the pc version mostly because on the pc version I get 2-5 frames per second.

Same here. Even though the Xbox Edition is a few updates behind the PC version, I'd rather play the Xbox one, not just for the smoother framerate but for the fact that it's much easier for me as I'm more accustomed to using a controller rather than WASD and a mouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Call of Duty has become crap. Cod 1 and 2 were pretty good in my opinion. But now, ever since COD 5, it's been just crap. If COD had ponies maybe..just maybe it could get back to it's glory days.

>.< I have a second opinion on this as well. I'm getting sick of angry birds. You know why? It got boring after a while, and COMMERCIAL USE. I mean look at all the Toys and T-shirts you see with angry birds slapped right on it. Doesn't that get a bit annoying? And the theme song? I am tired of that as well... I mean as much as the Super Mario bros theme song is played over and over and over again, I still love it. Angry birds theme song however, I'm tired of it. Why can't music from Klonoa get featured a bit more? Those tunes are masterpieces. Posted Image Also, there are so many better games you can get for your mobile device, like Jetpack Joyride for an example, that game is addicting as hell. But Angry Birds also gets these other games constantly gets games that are not sequels. Why can't we just get Angry Birds 2 already? This is just like the wait for Street fighter 3 in the past, and Half life 3 or Half life 2 episode 3. So that's my opinion on Angry Birds. Go ahead and hate me, but this is my opinion. Posted Image

I will say this, I believe it to be far more controversial to have a balanced opinion of Call of Duty then the regular love/hate thing you must either or have. I noticed on this forum we have a 13+ topic on Call of Duty Black Ops 2, it is not that hated, although some vocal people do hate it. I merely dislike it. But it seems to be love/hate really.

• Brohoof 1

I will say this, I believe it to be far more controversial to have a balanced opinion of Call of Duty then the regular love/hate thing you must either or have. I noticed on this forum we have a 13+ topic on Call of Duty Black Ops 2, it is not that hated, although some vocal people do hate it. I merely dislike it. But it seems to be love/hate really.

At this point, if you hate/dislike/have no interest in CoD, it's not so controversial anymore :P. I mean, the last 3 opinions on here (Excluding the Angry Birds one) are about how CoD is going downhill (Which it is, but I still support it)

• Brohoof 1

Call of Duty has become crap. Cod 1 and 2 were pretty good in my opinion. But now, ever since COD 5, it's been just crap. If COD had ponies maybe..just maybe it could get back to it's glory days.

Hmmm... I'd say COD has gone downhill ever since MW3 came out. The whole little butthurt 12 year old kids on the mic has spread into about every game that has online play.

But if Black Ops 2 will revive it a bit, it won't be so bad, until Infinity Ward comes up with an Unoriginal Call of Duty.

Edited by DJ PINK-3

Mario is over-rated and has been milked far too much with regards to sequels. It seems like there's a new one every year just repackaging the same plot over and over.

• Brohoof 2

Mario is over-rated and has been milked far too much with regards to sequels. It seems like there's a new one every year just repackaging the same plot over and over.

I completely agree, the series is especially guilty of this with the New Super Mario Bros. series lately, which I dislike strongly. I'd rather just have an original Mario platformer every generation like it was from SNES-Gamecube, or at least more stuff like the Galaxy series.

Final Fantasy is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. I've tried so many times to like it, I've tried playing many of the games, and each one I HATE, I hate the characters, the story, and to some extent the game play as I feel it is outclassed by other RPGs, call me biased but Final Fantasy Sucks

Also, although Mario is one my favorite franchises of all time, NSMB series of games are all the same, the first on the DS was a good idea to bring back old school style mario, but the WII version looked the exact same with similar music and levels, and the multiplayer was severely flawed. Then the come out with NSMB2 and NSMBU which look like exact copies, from what I've seen, the levels and the graphical design is the exact same. Even SM3DL looked pretty generic. Not to say the games aren't fun, all of the games are fun and if you are young and haven't played old mario games, I highly recommend buying 1 or 2 of these games, especially SM3DL since it's kind of original, it just looks like it isn't

Edited by weegeez

I havent seen a Microsoft or sony videogame in the passed 2 years with a good story and I havent seen a Nintendo game in the passed 2 years with good gameplay that wasnt recycled from old games

Amnesia is probably the worst "horror game" ever. SO. DAMN. BORING.

F.E.A.R series? Horror you say? How about nope. Especially the second one, it was a game that was far too long, and mainly consisted of shooting the same guys in the same place. Then after ages there was a scenery change and you got to shoot the same guys in a different place. It was a terrible FPS that had a couple of jump scares and everyone ate that up.

Halo 4 looks pretty good (so did reach and that didnt turn out well) but if Halo 4 is a let down I think theseries is as good as dead :(

I agree - Halo is starting to fade into nothingness. Halo 4 is probably gonna be a lot better than previous instalments due to the series now being developed by 343 Industries, but I've been wrong before.

I think the same applies to Call of Duty because even though they have 'remade' the multiplayer experience so many times, it has pretty much remained the same - just with different weapons.

Amnesia is probably the worst "horror game" ever. SO. DAMN. BORING.

F.E.A.R series? Horror you say? How about nope. Especially the second one, it was a game that was far too long, and mainly consisted of shooting the same guys in the same place. Then after ages there was a scenery change and you got to shoot the same guys in a different place. It was a terrible FPS that had a couple of jump scares and everyone ate that up.

We can't help that you have balls of steel :P

That's mostly what I noticed. People who don't like (In this case, hate) Amnesia have either balls of steel or jumpscares is what gives them goosebumps. That being said.........did Slender scare you :huh:?

Nevermind, I think I found the answer to that

Edited by akimBrony

We can't help that you have balls of steel :P

That's mostly what I noticed. People who don't like (In this case, hate) Amnesia have either balls of steel or jumpscares is what gives them goosebumps. That being said.........did Slender scare you :huh:?

Nevermind, I think I found the answer to that

I have, in fact, never played Slender. It just doesn't look that appealing, a short game about collecting pages in a wood where you have very slim chances of winning doesn't sound fun to me. Silent Hill 1 and 2, those were pretty creepy, and those were some good horror games :P.

I have, in fact, never played Slender. It just doesn't look that appealing, a short game about collecting pages in a wood where you have very slim chances of winning doesn't sound fun to me. Silent Hill 1 and 2, those were pretty creepy, and those were some good horror games :P.

Then......I dunno what horror games impress you :mellow:. I feel like you're a guy who's not easily impressed, or barely impressed at all :P