Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Controversial and Unpopular Video Game Opinions.

RoboGuy9000

FF7 is easily one of my least favorite Final Fantasy games, mostly because they written Cloud to be some unlikable putz at first. First impressions to me are always the important one, and him having no flaws only sours my opinion on him. Even worse, if you want to get through the game, you have to go through Midgar, easily the worst part about the game.

FF7 Remake did nothing to alleviate my opinions with Midgar being awful, and made it the main focus and padded it to a 40-hour monstrosity. After having the "remake" shoved down my throat constantly, it did nothing but made me avoid the game altogether.

Goldeneye 007 is a bad game. What makes it bad? Oh I don't know, bad level design...? Poorly designed mechanics that are significantly WORSE than mechanics of games that came out BEFORE it (mainly talking Doom and Unreal Tournament)... Oh and the worst balanced multiplayer ever known to man...? F*** me, I have no idea why this game is heralded as some sort of masterpiece.

Edited by Dusknoir

Assassin's Creed series became worse after Syndicate and Unity. The old combat system was unique, had really good flow and felt good. New combat mechanic is just average combat like in any other similar game. Plus they digging further in past which I also don't like, 18 century feels them most fitting setting

The entire Final Fantasy series and Kingdom Hearts is as badly written and overrated as any of the Twilight book series and as badly written as Harry Potter after the first two books. 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably my most controversial take: video games aren't getting worse, you're probably just outgrowing them. This is especially likely to be the case if you find yourself watching a lot of livestreams I think. I kinda grew to resent video games until it reached a point where I was forced to stop playing them and get a different hobby, now I'm a lot less sick of them.

My second most controversial: Fallout 3 and 4 are some of my favorite Fallout games and Fallout 2 is my least favorite.

Edited by Annie
  • Brohoof 2

Very controversial apparently: Nintendo games don't deserve their cult status, they're just polished indie games, not more

Horizon Zero Dawn is boring and not interested, I was bored already after 10 hours. Don't know why it's so hyped

Games don't necessary need to be all dynamic and with constant gameplay, visual novels, talltale-like games deserve unbiased rating and to be called good games

PS exclusives are not "same", they just share 3rd person camera and base mechanics