Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Controversial and Unpopular Video Game Opinions.

RoboGuy9000

(edited)

While I do understand why it flopped, I still think the Wii U was overall a great system with a solid library.

Sonic Lost World and Forces weren't that bad.

I don't really care that much for open world games like The Witcher 3, Skyrim, etc

The Xbox One X is honestly a really solid system overall

The PS4's exclusive lineup has honestly been kind of underwhelming compared to their previous systems plus the Wii U and Switch. Maybe it's just due to my personal tastes in games but there really hasn't been anything on the PS4 that has blown me away or had me interested in buying the system (aside for Crash N Sane Trilogy which was ported to everything else anyway).

Edited by SuperNESBrony
  • Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, SuperNESBrony said:

While I do understand why it flopped, I still think the Wii U was overall a great system with a solid library.

Sonic Lost World and Forces weren't that bad.

Thank you, I love you and appreciate your opinions. I am no longer alone in this world.

Mass Effect Andromeda was actually a good game, rushed but good.  As if the original Mass Effect trilogy didn't have it's own flaws?  The ending of ME3, alone, ruined the series for a lot of people.

• Brohoof 1

Game industry should aim back to offline games

The Last of Us is a good game, but not "game of the century"

Fallout 3 is a great game

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I've posted in this before but I suppose I shall do so again to sort of put together a whole long list of them:

• Grand Theft Auto games bore me after about 30 minutes.
  • Gen 8 is the worst generation of Pokemon, even worse than Gen 6.
  • Gen 2 is very, very overrated. Still better than Gens 6 and 8, but not great.
  • Gen 4 is the best Pokemon generation, over 5 and 3.
  • I actually like Fallout 4's merging of perks and SPECIAL.
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 had unbearably bad platforming.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 is the best 2D Mario platformer.
  • The Elder Scrolls series is extremely overrated... :dry:
  • Paladins is better than OW in almost every way, only thing is OW has less bugs.
  • Blizzard has always been greedy but people haven't cared to notice. <----Closer to a fact than an opinion, but eh.
  • Shadow the Hedgehog is not only not a bad game, but it's actually good.
  • Halo 2 is a good game, but it is overrated. Honestly it's worse than CE, 3, or Reach.
  • While Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a good game, it is no masterpiece.
  • GoldenEye 007 is honestly a terrible game that gets excessively praised.
Edited by Dusknoir
  • Brohoof 1

Earthbound has uninteresting main characters

It's a fantastic game technically speaking, and the dialogue really is as hilarious as what people say. But for a game that heavily focuses on friendship themes, Ness and the gang don't actually feel like good friends. They teamed up just to take down Giygas, and they were quick to move on with their lives straight after Giygas' defeat. Other RPGs have a more substantial focus on teamwork and relationships than what Earthbound claims to have. Hell even Ness and Pokey get more out from their interactions, and Pokey hates Ness.

I did enjoy playing it, but that lack of connection doesn't make me want to return to it.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Dusknoir said:

Blizzard has always been greedy but people haven't cared to notice. <----Closer to a fact than an opinion, but eh.

I wouldn't say it's unpopular opinion

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Dusknoir said:

It's pretty unpopular from what I can tell. People saying it's only recently and not since the release of WoW.

Yeah but at least they've been making good games back then. Now they're just sucking money from us without even trying to hide it

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Silent hill 2 is far too overrated and pyramid head is a lame monster.

Also, silent hill 4 is way better and scarier and has an overall more interesting plot than 2.

And here i was thinking i was the only one that thinks this way. :wacko:

I actually go a step further and say Silent Hill 2 is easily the worst in the series for me, even one of the worst Horror Games i have ever played.I think the story is predictable and has nothing to do with Silent Hill, the Otherworlds that exists in practically every other SH game are here pretty pathetic or nonexistend, i find it boring that every Monster looks like a human, the game design overall has way to much of the color grey in it and it is basically just a more frustrating running back and forth than it was in Silent Hill 1.

Overall Silent Hill 2 is not my game at all and i have never played a more boring Survival Horror game and even though some fans wanted to convince me otherwise by saying the game and monsters look the way they are because of their symbolic meaning: Okay, thats nice and all but sorry, i still find this game to be boring looking even if the boring looks make sense.

I am sorry i just dont feel it with this game. :worry:

However, i do think the Silent Hill Historical Society Level is pretty awesome, i just wish more of the game would have been as weird as that one, also i have to give the game credit for basically inspiring Silent Hill - The Arcade, which is a pretty neat spinoff in my eyes, so thanks for that one. :fluttershy:

The Maria Bonus scenario also wasnt that bad even though i dont understand why they didnt used the Directors Cut Version they got greenlight as a chance for adding the missing Other Worlds that they apparently lost due to a power outtage, what a wasted opportunity the basically unchanged Directors Cut is. :okiedokieloki:

8 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Earthbound has uninteresting main characters

It's a fantastic game technically speaking, and the dialogue really is as hilarious as what people say. But for a game that heavily focuses on friendship themes, Ness and the gang don't actually feel like good friends. They teamed up just to take down Giygas, and they were quick to move on with their lives straight after Giygas' defeat. Other RPGs have a more substantial focus on teamwork and relationships than what Earthbound claims to have. Hell even Ness and Pokey get more out from their interactions, and Pokey hates Ness.

I did enjoy playing it, but that lack of connection doesn't make me want to return to it.

I really wanted to get into the game. I got it on the Wii U when they released it on the VC, but the text based battles were really weird to me and I couldn't get past that.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Pokémon Sword Pokémon Shield are excellent games. I have heard many negative reviews on them and I just don’t agree.

10 hours ago, KatonRyu said:

I really don't think the characters in Undertale are all that good, nor are the jokes. It has great moments, but the game as a whole, to me, really isn't that good.

Take that back!

No, but the game do use references and ideas from earlier games that never got famous. Capitalizing on ideas and giving them a broader audience has made the game the greatest of them all! And we just have to accept that :P

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

Take that back!

No, but the game do use references and ideas from earlier games that never got famous. Capitalizing on ideas and giving them a broader audience has made the game the greatest of them all! And we just have to accept that :P

Except is not the greatest of them all. Still behind Mother in the smart comedy and the deepness, still behind touhou on the bullet hell dynamics, and still behind most of square's rpgs in popularity.

Is it good? No doubt. Is it the best? Nah.

Even as for indie rpgs, Off is still ahead on "cult classic" status.

• Brohoof 2

Having 4K/1080p graphics like in a PlayStation game is not the Most important thing.

There's a reason Nintendo had been around for 6-7 Generations of Gaming despite being technically inferior to its competition. And why it dominated the handheld gaming market with their Game Boy and DS families until the rise of mobile Gaming on smartphones

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Except is not the greatest of them all. Still behind Mother in the smart comedy and the deepness, still behind touhou on the bullet hell dynamics, and still behind most of square's rpgs in popularity.

Is it good? No doubt. Is it the best? Nah.

Even as for indie rpgs, Off is still ahead on "cult classic" status.

I am basing my opinions from the gamefaq (was it Gamespot, I don't remember) poll, where Undertale was nominated best game of all time. It beat games like Zelda and Mario. A huge amount of people voted as well.

It is proof that Undertale us the best game ever made. A newer poll might exist, but what game would beat Undertale in just a few years?

Spoiler

I love this argument. It is similar to the Nintendo vs Sega battles where Nintendo always wins because no one knew what Sega was, 2005+ kids do know what a Nintendo is so it must be better! :nom: