Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Controversial and Unpopular Video Game Opinions.

RoboGuy9000

Something tells me that "realistic gameplay" in a football video game (or other sports game for that matter) won't come out in our lifetimes at the rate the Madden games seem to be going at. :P Besides, if people want realistic football gameplay, they should invite some friends over, go outside for some fresh air, and find a place to play some real football IMO. :huh:

That's all fine and dandy until you tear an achilles or get a concussion from a hit lol. Playing Madden is more safe

That's all fine and dandy until you tear an achilles or get a concussion from a hit lol. Playing Madden is more safe

Oh yeah, then there's the kids/people who haven't been physically able to play real football since birth for some reason. Then there's those like me who are probably the most un-athletic people ever... Yeah, Madden is definitely safer for everypony's sake. :lol:

Pokémon Black & White 2 are unnecessary, at least in terms of bringing back a bunch of old poke's. I thought Gen 5 was supposed to be a kind of "new beginning" or something; new region, all new poke's instead of just adding (sometimes ugly and/or unnecessary) evolutions to existing poke's... *glares at Magmortar and the like* Black/white Kyurem I can get used to and learn to like, but ugh. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

That was gen IV that added extra *awesome* evolutions to existing ones. Gen V is all new. Dont know about B&W2, though, but im sure they wouldn't just change a sequel like that.

I'm not an elder scrolls fan, so I fail to see the enjoyment in Skyrim.

How could anyone play sports video games? I would much rather play them IRL with some buddies than on a screen. May seem ironic or hypocritical, but that just seems like a waste of time compared to other video games UNLESS you physically can't play them IRL.

Sometimes I wish game developers would just sit down and say "Lets stop. Lets just stop here. No more." to certain game series.

Remember, opinions, opinons, opinions!

• 2 weeks later...

Here I go:

Fallout is better than The Elder Scrolls and always will be (Although I do like The Elder Scrolls)

Brink is a fantastic game

Call of Duty is criticised for its community, rather than its gameplay

Soundtracks don't affect the game's quality

Assassin's Creed was good, but needs to quit while it's ahead

It doesn't matter if you play on consoles or PC; they each have their advantages and disadvantages

Halo is horribly over-rated

Pokemon is getting progressively worse

I don't want to rustle your jimmies.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here I go:

Fallout is better than The Elder Scrolls and always will be (Although I do like The Elder Scrolls)

It doesn't matter if you play on consoles or PC; they each have their advantages and disadvantages

Meh, COD isn't just the community it's no worse then a lot of CSS's.

For me COD has minimal skill as upgrades/ wepon mods /kill streaks ruin the game.

Where as CSS when someone gets a 20kill kill streak you know there damn good.

edit:

also tetris is the best game ever!! not sure if this is controversial tho....

Edited by Thyflesh

Here I go:

Don't forget that the games managed to get unbalanced pretty badly, one way or another. Some games would've worked really well if the douchebags didn't exploit the unbalanced stuff.

Now that I think of it, ALL of the games would've worked well if they weren't exploited, so it IS the community that is mostly wrong. Some players take advantage of the unbalanced stuff and ruin the experience for everyone else.

Now to just hope that BOII is balanced enough that there is little to no ways that douches can take advantage of the game. The only thing the game won't be able to fully eliminate is campers, but they're in every video game, so that's another issue.

Prepare for your jimmies to be russled.

The Nintendo 64 was not an amazing console. Yes, it did have some amazing games, but at the end of the day, there have been much better consoles, like the SNES. Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island were much better compared to Super Mario 64.

• Brohoof 1

I think the Source engine is horrid and I cant stand it

Valve is over rated in my opinion anyways. Also Ive been a Elder scrolls fan since Morrowind and I thought Skyrim was a flop and should have been worked on a little more.

Halo 2 was my favorite multiplayer ever and it broke my heart when they shut the servers down. Now all I have at my options ate generic modern day shooters

I like Minecraft (had it since alpha :3) but I think modding is stupid

I cant stand that all videogames are turning into is generic FPS I also cant stand that parents let their 9 year olds play.

Overall I think the future of videogames on Microsoft consoles are just going to be halo , bland shooters and indie games that flop.

And as my last note I hate with my full heart the lack of games for mac and I regret ever buying one

Now I sleep :3

Bungie took a series of shits and called them Halo.................................................................................................................................................

• Brohoof 2

Having skimmed through the topic I saw people claiming not liking the Sonic series is controversial. That's very wrong. In general it's well accepted that you can like the Sonic series as long as you like the older games more than the newer games.

Controversial is something like this:

Sonic and the Black Knight is one of the best Sonic games.

This is a controversial opinion, and it is my own as well.

I also rank Dirge of Cerberus and Crystal Chronicles as equals to Final Fantasy IX as my favorite FF games.

I actually LIKE the cast in FFXIII.

Bungie took a series of shits and called them Halo.................................................................................................................................................

Microsoft bought out what was going to be a small mac game and stretched/ milked it into 1 great launch game, 1 game with a shitty campaign but with one of the best and first console online multiplayer experiences and 4 games that people loved to hate and make fun of

- While the basic framework remains the same, every Call of Duty is a different game. (Seriously how different was Super C from Contra but no one calls that the expansion pack to Contra). Them being a lot more of them doesn't change the fact that they are different games.

- The original 151 Pokemon were bland and uninspired "Orange dog evolving into large orange dog, slime monter evolving into larger slime monster"

- Final Fantasy us still good but suffers from Simpsons / Pixars Cars Syndrome. Giving us gold for years, juSt being an okay game makes I seem more awful than it is.

A better question is WHY DOES ANGRY BIRDS HAVE A FREAKING THEMEPARK IN FINLAND AND LEGEND OF ZELDA DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A TOY LINE!?

Because the guy that made angry birds is Finnish and everyone just wants to piggyback off his unearned success somehow.

(edited)

Squaresoft was one of the best game companies around. I never liked Enix. Now Square Enix sucks. Why they merged Square with Enix is beyond me. Also Final Fantasy 1 through 9 (also Chrono Trigger) is best game.

*hides behind a Fire Shield* :P

Edited by Questio
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think that the English version of Rhythm Heaven Fever sounds much better than the Japanese version.

With the exception of the wrestler stage, that one I will admit isn't as good.

Edited by Lord Bababa

(edited)

- The focus of games should lay on singleplayer and I can't believe that there seem to be almost no decent storywriters out there

Single player is boring.

FPS's Should not exist.

FPS's are the only genre that take skill to be truly good at.

Skyrim is an over-rated game mostly played by newfags trying to act like they know what an RPG is.

Lol my teacher got the limited edition version of Skyrim and has been playing RPG's since before you were born. I think your the new fag :]

more popular kids

hahahahahahahahahahaha

OK

• Only the first Halo was any good
  • all consoles suck. they are just restricted computers.
  • The DS sucks. Nintendo needs to go back to gameboy or stop making hardware.
  • Combat Arms WAS good
  • WoW WAS good
  • All final fantasy games are boring
  • MW2 could have been good
  • Too many games are catered towards care bears
  • Half Life 2 and Kingdom Hearts were boring
  • The world needs more games like Journey
  • Hacking a game should be a felony.
  • Castle Crashers has the best sound track. It was the only game that I stopped, listened and thought "Wow this is good..."
  • The minecraft community sucks
  • Steam is the devil
  • TF2 is the devil's spawn
  • LoL is a joke (haha get it?)
  • Fallout 3 was the only Bethesda game I enjoyed
  • Everyone needs to stop fucking up the W40K series with their terrible games that don't follow the canon or fluff.
I don't care if I rustled your jimmies. Edited by Bohtty
  • Brohoof 2

Single player is boring.

We have a totally different opinion in almost every aspect.

I sometimes play online multiplayer but almost only in racing and sports games.

My main motivation is to advance in the game and enjoy it's story. Multiplayer gets so repetive after playing a while and nothing changes at all

And steam is no devil. Thanks to the steam-deals I have now enough to play for a year :D

Single player is boring.

Lol my teacher got the limited edition version of Skyrim and has been playing RPG's since before you were born. I think your the new fag :]

hahahahahahahahahahaha

OK

• Only the first Halo was any good
  • all consoles suck. they are just restricted computers.
  • The DS sucks. Nintendo needs to go back to gameboy or stop making hardware.
  • Combat Arms WAS good
  • WoW WAS good
  • MW2 could have been good
  • Too many games are catered towards care bears
  • The world needs more games like Journey
  • Hacking a game should be a felony.
  • Castle Crashers has the best sound track. It was the only game that I stopped, listened and thought "Wow this is good..."
  • Steam is the devil
  • TF2 is the devil's spawn
  • LoL is a joke (haha get it?)
  • Fallout 3 was the only Bethesda game I enjoyed
  • Everyone needs to stop fucking up the W40K series with their terrible games that don't follow the canon or fluff.
I don't care if I rustled your jimmies.

This is sooooo true. MW2 could've been the best game in the series if there were these differences

-Weaker noobtubes, or just weaker explosives in general

-Scavenger and One Man Army don't replenish explosives

Simple as that! Of course, Commando was annoying also, but it was really only a problem on the smaller maps, so that I don't have much to say about

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold and Silver because the series got old. The same old battle system that was never particularly fun in the first place and was more tedious than it needed to be, especially when trying to level pokemon since you can only use one at a time, two in the later games.

I'm also not a fan of the whole pokemon league stuff. It got really old that your main goal is to fight the Elite Four regardless of what else happens. I think the series needs to go a different direction because the whole Elite Four bit is old as hell.

I think Pokemon would serve better as an action RPG but that'll never happen. Closest to that is the roguelike Mystery Dungeon games.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Single player is boring.

Single player in multiplayer focused games is more often than not boring, yes. But good single player focused games actually put effort into making them good without relying on slapping a multiplayer label on it and forcing you to deal with repetitive gameplay because, "Hey you should be enjoying this if you're playing with friends who are at about the same skill level as you and willing to try out the more fun aspects of our gameplay."

Again,

Good single player games can be fully enjoyed, even if your internet is down/slow.

Good single player games can be fully enjoyed, even if your friends feel like they've got better things to do at the moment.

And most of all, good single player games put valid effort into engaging you in the game. (assuming you have an attention span that lasts for longer than that of a eight year old.)

Ha... Ha... Ha... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

No, seriously though, you must be kidding. RTSes, platformers, puzzle games, arcade style fighters, even TPSes. They all require amazing skill to be good at. I won't deny that FPSes do require skill too, but the only real thing that set them apart from what I've listed in skill department is that once you've mastered one FPS, you've pretty much mastered all of them, and personally, when I put down money for a new game, I like to get a game that I don't already know everything about in terms of gameplay.

all consoles suck. they are just restricted computers.

Might be, but at least they're a lot cheaper than keeping your PC up to date for gaming purposes. :P

The DS sucks. Nintendo needs to go back to gameboy or stop making hardware.

At least Nintendo tries to bring new stuff into the gaming market at this point. All Sony and Microsoft seem to do is improve stuff that already exists. And to me, gaming is about creativity, "What can we do with the available resources", not "How can we improve what we have."

The only real valid fault the DS has is that the touch screen is rarely handled properly, but the blame for that lies with the game developers, not with the hardware.

Monotonous? Yes!

Drag on for way too long? Yes!

Take way too long to get to the core part of the game? Hells yeah! :o

Boring? Definitely not! Once you finally do get to the core part of those games, they really expand on the entertainment factor.

As for the minecraft thing, what exactly is it about the community that you dislike?

Too many games are catered towards care bears

I wonder if that problem would solve itself if they got rid of all tutorials in games, and made games shorter... :huh:

Hacking a game should be a felony.

Hacking in a lot of cases has lead to improved gameplay and/or reduced glitches, not to mention that smart game developers can take popular hacks that they didn't think of themselves and incorporate them into their games.

So, no! It shouldn't be considered a felony.

Steam is the devil

But Satan offered me a 75 percent discount on a 60 euro game... and a sweet deal where I could save 12,50, just by buying a game simultaneously with my friends. How could I possibly resist selling my soul to "El Diablo"? :wub: Edited by Zhinzo
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sonic as too many characters that get pushed off to the side so easily.

I'm a Disney fan, but I don't know yet what is so special about Kingdom Hearts. There's something about that franchise that doesn't appeal to me. I'll have to play it.

Edited by Tam

I'm a Disney fan, but I don't know yet what is so special about Kingdom Hearts. There's something about that franchise that doesn't appeal to me. I'll have to play it.

Queue the disappointment when you buy it and find out that the games only feature the Disney characters in minor, relatively insignificant ways. :P