Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

THIS a million times over! I feel the exact same way. I mean, not every episode is gonna be a grand star winner right? And you gotta appreciate all the hard work that went into making them... I enjoy all of them to some degree. ^_^

I feel as if the fandom can act like EVERY episode has to meet a large standard or they hate that episode. I see it a lot and I understand people are critical as well as the show can have standards though I personally don't care. The show's good and enjoyable as a whole for me. Even if the worst of your favorite character is shown it's still your character and don't act like it shouldn't exist because everyone has their bad sides irl or character it still exists.

• Brohoof 2

I feel as if the fandom can act like EVERY episode has to meet a large standard or they hate that episode. I see it a lot and I understand people are critical as well as the show can have standards though I personally don't care. The show's good and enjoyable as a whole for me. Even if the worst of your favorite character is shown it's still your character and don't act like it shouldn't exist because everyone has their bad sides irl or character it still exists.

YES. I feel like not enough people "get" this sometimes. It seems like people in this fandom sometimes try to act like their favorite character (waifu or whatever) is always perfect and blah blah whatever. Not everyone, but sometimes I see this happening... and I agree about what you said about the episodes.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think Rarity lives up to her element of harmony the least.

I'm weird, I know.

Well, i guess we are weird together. :D

Same is true for the fanclub, we are all weird together. Huh? :D

• Brohoof 3

- I think Vinyl Scratch (DYPON 3) is the worst background pony, just barely edging out Time Turner (Dr. Whooves).

- None of the characters are gay, including Rainbow Dash.  (...unless you want to include the EG world, then maybe some of them).

- I don't sing the songs; ever.  ...except the OINK! song.  (Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find that as a ringtone?)

- While I love the show, there's a great handful of episodes that I've only seen once; in some cases, it's because I don't like them.  As a result (along with my work hours) I tend to forget some details from time to time, including and entire episode or two.

- I think Season 4 was truly intended for the teen/adult fans, including the cloppers.

- The Breezies do NOT have Scottish accents; they are much too similar to the Swedish chef.  (I wonder if the VAs were told to mimic him...).

- I want Rainbow Dash to get a boyfriend.

- There needs to be an episode that features a fan that wins some sort of contest.  (I know this probably isn't an "unpopular" opinion, but I just thought of it).

- Apple Jack's parents are alive.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

- I think Vinyl Scratch (DYPON 3) is the worst background pony,

tumblr_m1k7q2lsJ11r9dp3k.gif

Hmmm...

- The Two Well's (Mysterious Mare Do Well and Owl's Well that Ends Well) are both good episodes :D

- Vinyl Scratch is worst background pony :D

- I hate the concept of the Sonic Rainboom. I have a firm belief that the Sonic Rainboom goes against the meaning of the show itself by making Rainbow look better than the others in comparison, due to the fact she's able to break the light spectrum by flying so fast - especially with the way it was handled in "Sonic Rainboom" and "The Cutie Mark Chronicles." In Sonic Rainboom, not only the 3 Wonderbolts were made inept all of a sudden, but the way they pawned off Rarity to make RD look better by allowing her to perform her Sonic Rainboom was disgusting - it made her friends look lesser in comparison, and that's not true. Also, tCMC, she performed it in the end and that's apparantly what allowed all 6 of them to discover their cutie marks, which, I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. It goes against the meaning of the show, which is friendship ("Friendship is Magic") by making one of the friends look better than the rest of her friends - and that's a criticism I have against Twilicorn as well, but they're handling her well by making her more down to earth :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

The only episodes I truly dislike are Boast Busters, Sonic Rainboom and Spike at Your Service.

As much as I like MLP's songs, I'll admit, I've heard much better.

I think Trixie is the third worst pony in the show.

Rarijack and Appledash are just another crappy lesbian ships to me.

It's hard to see any chemistry with Rarijack and AppleDash would just end up in a really bad rivalry.

Speaking of that, lesbian and gay ships suck.

The MLP iOS game is only good if you like dumping $500 on a useless game.

An MLP G4 game overall would most likely just be a copy of the MLP G3 games, unless they decide to give it an actual platformer-like adventure mode.

I feel like the only reason they made RD the basis of everypony's cutie marks was just done to make Rainbow Dash more popular.

Edited by Peter Sam
  • Brohoof 1

I like Applejack, (apparently the Brony Fandom likes her least)

I liked Mare Do Well, Rainbow Falls, and Over A Barrel

I enjoy the Grimdark fanfictions as well as the light hearted ones

Gilda sucks

Magical Mystery Cure was Larson's best and my favorite episode

I didn't like Chryssalis much, but she had her moments, but overall, I just didn't like her character.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The only things I can think of right now:

Celestia > Luna
Applejack is awesome (from what I've gathered, AJ is lacking the love she deserves)

Edited by Guest

I like Applejack, (apparently the Brony Fandom likes her least)

I liked Mare Do Well, Rainbow Falls, and Over A Barrel

I enjoy the Grimdark fanfictions as well as the light hearted ones

Gilda sucks

Magical Mystery Cure was Larson's best and my favorite episode

I didn't like Chryssalis much, but she had her moments, but overall, I just didn't like her character.

Agreed x100

To add onto those points, I don't think Spike's Dragon Code is stupid, illogical or out of character. I like it

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Agreed x100

To add onto those points, I don't think Spike's Dragon Code is stupid, illogical or out of character. I like it

Yeah, agreed right back. It fits Spike so well, and it makes sense that HE would do it. I liked that and the episode it was in. (Forgot name :derp:) Edited by QuartermasterBrony
  • Brohoof 1

MMC was the best episode ever.

Princess Twilight Sparkle 1&2 was disappointing.

Rainbow Falls is as good as Pinkie Pride.

Pinkie Pride is as bad as Rainbow Falls.

Merriwether Williams is a really good writer.

AK Rogers is a tad overrated.

Silver Shill was awesome.

Cheese Sandwich gets too much love compared to other Key Givers.

Season 3 was the best season before S4.

The Equestria Games saga was better than the Grand Galloping Gala story arc.

Sombra was awesome as an MLP version of Sauron.

Spitfire's character was perfectly fine in her S3&4 apprearances.

Pinkie in Filli Vanilli wasn't in any way worse than RD's initial behaviour in Pinkie Pride.

Babs Seed needs to return in Season 5.

Flash Sentry needs more screentime.

Owlicious is best pet. (Especially after Inspiration Manifestation)

All Spike episodes are at least good. A lot of them are REALLY good.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Season 2 and 4 > Season 1

Season 1 had a lot of average-weak episodes, it's first half having the worst average/weak to good episode ratio.

I like MMMystery on the Friendship Express (although this may be coming from my train bias :P), Games Ponies Play, Somepony to Watch Over Me and many other disliked episodes.

Gilda is underrated, in fact, I think she's 1,000x better than Trixie.

I think Cheese Sandwich gets too much love for being voice by Weird Al.

Silver Shill is a good character.

Luna is worst princess.

I don't really get why people get so angry about Pinkie Pie in Filli Vanilli, but Rainbow Dash was actually giving up faith in Fluttershy in Dragonshy AND ACTUALLY GETTING ANGRY AT WHAT SHE WAS DOING WRONG, but they were perfectly with that?

Edited by Peter Sam

-King Sombra was a good villain

-Applejack is worst pony

-I liked Magical Mystery Cure

-I don't like Cadence (except for her singing voice)

-I liked it when Nightmare Moon almost killed Celestia

-I HATE TWILIGHT'S NEW CASTLE WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

- I actually like Flash Sentry 

- I find the season 4 finale to be a tad underwhelming

- I feel Discord is downplayed a little post season 2

- I think Equestria Girls is written a little awkwardly

-The season 4 finale threw a wrench into my fanfics

Edited by Long Winded
  • Brohoof 1

...okay, but I'm not sure how Sombra was a MLP version of that eyeball of fire.  (It might help if I'd seen the movies).

Both were first & foremost evil presences everyone was afraid of. Both got very little screentime & dialogue. Both lost their physical forms. Both have a creepy voice.

Oh, and there's also this: (Hobbit 2 which oddly enough came out after the Crystal Empire aired; does darkness vs a protective light bubble remind you of something? :P )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpqIDQI3Gqw

• Brohoof 1

Both were first & foremost evil presences everyone was afraid of. Both got very little screentime & dialogue. Both lost their physical forms. Both have a creepy voice.

Oh, and there's also this: (Hobbit 2 which oddly enough came out after the Crystal Empire aired; does darkness vs a protective light bubble remind you of something? :P )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpqIDQI3Gqw

Okay, I guess most of that makes sense, though to be fair, that protective bubble thing is a common thing in almost every magic-based story out there; it's not that original of an idea, really.

Sombra was awesome as an MLP version of Sauron.

I totally agree! I don't understand why the members didn't like him...

At first I was disappointed he didn't get a lot of screen-time, but actually that made him a very mysterious character.

I totally agree! I don't understand why the members didn't like him...

At first I was disappointed he didn't get a lot of screen-time, but actually that made him a very mysterious character.

Personally, that's WHY many didn't like him; there was little he offered, aside from impending doom on an "empire."  He had no personality, no relevant contributions, and left no impression except for an empty plot.  It would've been great having some dialogue, more background story, some sort of jokes, ANYTHING more than what they did.  The "mystery" was that he was nothing more than something to defeat.