Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

Most of my opinions on the show are fairly mainstream (Season 3 is worst, Season 2 is best, Trixie is cool, "Rainbow Falls" was terrible etc.), with the exception of the following:

-- "Hurricane Fluttershy" is the show's most overrated episode.

-- "Pinkie Pride" is also an excessively overrated episode; in fact, if the fandom were consistent in what they complain about in episodes, they'd find that it's actually kind of a bad one.

-- "Daring Don't" is still a worse episode than "Rainbow Falls".

-- "Magical Mystery Cure" had better songs than "Pinkie Pride", at least in sheer enjoyability.  That being said, Twilight becoming an alicorn princess in the episode is the least of its problems, and often gets too much weight in many people's minds.

-- "The Last Roundup" is terribly underrated for its actual story.

-- I friggin' enjoyed "Putting Your Hoof Down" and think it's a better episode than many people give it credit for.

-- Discord, you suck.  Randomness and trolling is not inherently funny.  (You were actually funny in "Princess Twilight Sparkle", though.)

-- I can't stand the "Smile Song" at all.

-- Rarity has always been a great pony.

There's probably more to come....

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

-I'm looking forward to the Equestria Academy (The Equestria Girls TV Show)

-"The Crystal Empire" was a better season opener than both "Friendship is Magic" and "The Return of Harmony"

-Sombra was a good villain and I wish they would bring him back in the comics so they can expand on him more.

-As much as I love the show I do have to say the stories in the comics are better

-Season 3 was nowhere near as terrible as everyone makes it out to be.

-Rainbow Falls was a good episode

-Anyone in the fandom that complains endlessly about the fact that they're making an Equestria Girls show or more movies instead of just ignoring them as they have no impact on the show tend to remind me of the GEEWUNNERS from the Transformers fandom. Just swap "TRUKK NOT MUNKY" with "PONI NOT YOOMAN".

-I don't like in depth MLP analysis videos. I think most analyzers take the show way too seriously and hold it at way too high of a standard. I really think analyzers like Digibrony need to stop taking the show so seriously and enjoy it because, let's face it, it's somewhat dumb to be looking for "deep" stuff in a cartoon about ponies. Sure, I love that cartoon, but I don't need something to be deep in order for me to enjoy it. I actually prefer something to be "fun" rather than "deep ". You can have both combined, but my priority lies in the former.

Edited by The Coffee Man
  • Brohoof 5

-I don't like in depth MLP analysis videos. I think most analyzers take the show way too seriously and hold it at way too high of a standard. I really think analyzers like Digibrony need to stop taking the show so seriously and enjoy it because, let's face it, it's somewhat dumb to be looking for "deep" stuff in a cartoon about ponies. Sure, I love that cartoon, but I don't need something to be deep in order for me to enjoy it. I actually prefer something to be "fun" rather than "deep ". You can have both combined, but my priority lies in the former.

I so agree with this. I never got the point of analysis vids in the first place. 

• Brohoof 2

-I liked One Bad Apple/Apple Family Reunion

-I LOVE the CMC

-I only hate one episode

-I hated Trixie in Boast Busters(Though I loved her in Magic Duel)

-I love A Canterlot Wedding

-I don't loathe the day Rainbow Rocks releases

-Babs is Best CMC

• Brohoof 2

-The CMC and Spike get less appreciation than they deserve.

-I liked some of the more universally panned episodes like Mare-do-well, Owl's well that ends well, Rainbow Falls, A bird in the hoof, Stare master, Spike at your service, and Apple Family Reunion

-Find a Pet was a catchy ass song, and I think it doesn't get enough love

-I don't care for Applejack

-Tommy Oliver and Digibrony are bigoted, self-entitled pricks and I hate them(Pardon my language)

-People in the fandom(specifically reviewers and analysts) complain about stupid things

• Brohoof 3

I didn't hate Mare Do Well.

I enjoyed Rainbow Falls.

I don't like most Spike episodes.

I actually thought Flash Sentry + Twilight were sweet in Equestria Girls (don't kill me ok lol, this is for posting our unpopular opinions after all!).

I like Trixie, but I do think she's overrated.

I find Fluttershy irritating more often than not.

I think Rainbow Dash is overrated and often annoying.

I really like Applejack as a character.

I'm very fond of Celestia.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

-I disliked Rainbow in the first 2 seasons for lying and cheating

-I sympathized (not agreed) with people who took offense to Derpy

Edited by nami438
  • Brohoof 2

- I don't get Trixie and her annoying fanbase. If it weren't for them, she never would've come back. She's pretty much Gilda in a pony skin and everybody hates Gilda for some asinine reason yet Trixie is hugely popular.

- And on that subject, Magic Duel was a terrible episode and only existed because of her annoying fanbase.

- Thirding the analysis videos opinion. I find Digibrony's stuff the most grating because it goes beyond analysis into personal nitpicking at frivolous details and he seems to think his opinion is everyone else's opinion. (Best example is "I DIDN'T LIKE DARING DON'T THEREFORE THE FANDOM IS DIVIDED OVER IT.")

- Pinkie is the worst character on the whole show. Her "random zingers" could be replaced with the sound of a vacuum cleaner and it would have the same comedic effect.

- Derpy ruined The Last Roundup. That episode has one of my favorite morals but nobody remembers it because Derpy.

- As overrated as Luna is, she has so much character potential that nobody seems to be tapping into. Same with Celestia.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

After reading a certain fanfic today, I got more thoughts, not sure if unpopular or not.

-DT and SS can and/or should be redeemed and/or reformed.

-I wish the episodes would tackle much more adult-ranked moral.

-Scootaloo should be a male pony (not sure, since fandom calls Scootaloo a female character)

Edited by TheShyPony

(edited)

- The comics are overrated, specifically the "Nightmare Rarity" arc, and I get very irritated when people try passing the off as canon when it hasn't been confirmed, only left up to speculation. 

- "Pinkie Pride" was a good episode, but I think people just got jaded over Weird Al's appearance. Yes, I'm saying that episode is overrated. 

- I'm looking forward to "Rainbow Rocks" and "Equestria Academy" :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 3

-I couldn't care less about Alicorn Twilight. (As in I don't care, not as in 'I don't like it.')

-I didn't like the Season 1 finale. (I get what others like about it, though.)

-My favorite non-world-destroying villains are the Flim Flam Brothers.

-The word overrated is overrated.

Crazy fact about me:

I love every single episode and I don't see any problems in any of them.

There is always complaints about a episode, and especially Equestria Girls. I don't see any of those problems because I don't want to see them.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Fluffle Puff stopped being funny months ago.

I hate any OCxCanon ships, and pretty much any ships in general.

Lauren Faust isn't a perfect writer.

In fact, I thought Season 1 had the worst first half of episodes out of all the seasons. Yes, even counting Season 3.

Twilight Sparkle is a "meh" character. She's just way too teacher-y and boring for my tastes.

Spike is a good character.

Trixie is on my top 5, no, my top 4 worst ponies list.

Speaking of Trixie, her little "peanut butter crackers" scene in Equestria Girls wasn't funny at all. It just made me want to facepalm, like every other Trixie appearance.

I didn't mind Pinkie Pie's appearance in Filli Vanilli. Most people that hate it are just over-protective fans of Fluttershy, which is something I hate about her fanbase.

Edited by Stepney
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

1 - The Season 4 finale may change things regarding this but it really seems like the writers have had some trouble integrating the whole Princess Twilight Sparkle thing into the show as a whole. We'll have to see how they go about the finale tomorrow. They either ignore the princess thing entirely or make Twilight's character Mary Sue-ish with not enough adorkableness... an exception was "Twilight Time" but that was one in twenty-four,but like I said, let's see how the finale goes.

2 - Fluttershy is adorable, but she's so boring..... e.g., the breezie episode.
Her character is only interesting when interacting with more interesting characters (e.g., Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie). She's worst pony of the Mane Six for me.

3 - I wouldn't mind seeing a more assertive Fluttershy for Season 5.. something that shows that the lessons she's been learning in the first four seasons have stuck. It could actually put her in interesting scenarios.. showing that one can be assertive yet kind... and by assertive Fluttershy, I don't mean aggressive Fluttershy.. there's a difference as was learned in "Putting Your Hoof Down".
They changed Rainbow Dash's character in a positive way, why not do the same for Fluttershy?

4 -" The Show Stoppers" is an underrated episode. It was one of those "the premise is so bad that it's good" episodes for me.

5 - While Twilight is the most book-smart of the Mane Six, Pinkie Pie could actually be the one with the highest IQ of the Mane Six.

Edited by DukeofCanterlot
  • Brohoof 2

-I don't care for the "Reflections" arc in the comics.

-I think Starswirl was probably a huge jerk back when he was alive.

-I'm really disappointed that the writers decided to bring back Tirek instead of Grogar from G1.

-I enjoyed Sunset Shimmer's character and I wish we could see more of her.

Even though Fluttershy is my favorite pony, I admit her cuteness and shyness are both overdone and tiresome at times. 

I never understood the hate for The Mysterious Mare Do Well. 

I didn't care for Twilicorn either when that first came out but some people won't give up their campaign against it.  It's here to stay.  Get over it and move on already. 

• Brohoof 3

Boast Busters is the worst episode of, not just Season 1, but the worst episode of the entire Series.

A lot of people say it's underrated, but I've only seen like, 5 people that hate it and TONS of people that love it. In fact, I've seen a few say it's the best episode of Season 1,

But Trixie and the fact that they made the antagonist look better than the protagonists just made it a terrible episode, and that's coming from one that only hates 2-3 episodes of the series.

My Little Dashie is a crappy, cliche sadfic.

Cupcakes is a crappy, cliche creepypasta.

Season 3 isn't that bad. I mean, Spike at your Service was a bad episode and the lack of Rarity episodes bothered me, but it had it's moments. In fact, it's probably on par with Season 1.

A Friend in Deed, Pinkie Pride (unpopular part) and Griffon the Brush Off were better Pinkie Pie episodes than Party of One. But, Party of One is still awesome-tier.

I don't really care if Queen Chrysalis returns.

• Brohoof 1

I like Twilight as an alicorn just as much as I liked her as a unicorn.

My favorite princess is Celestia.

My favorite pony list goes: Twilight>Rarity>Applejack>Pinkie>Fluttershy>Rainbow.

I like CMC episodes.

I hate Equestria Girls (Hey, I gave it a chance).

I dislike Rainbow Dash.

Flash Sentry doesn't bother me that much.

I like Spike as a character.

So, I gotta vent something...

I just hate the look of the Rainbow Power. It looks like some five years old made those designs.

However, I do like the idea behind it. But, this could have been done with the Elements of Harmony from the very beginning and because of this, they butchered what could have been the best villain in the series: Nightmare Moon. Spoilers because of long rant

The only difference between the Rainbow Power and the Elements of Harmony is that they shoved everything in the first episode which is one of the weakest of the first season. They established the characters in the first part and in the second they rushed what this forth season did with whole episodes (and still managed to botch it Rainbow Falls...). With enough time to develop the idea, it could have been better implied that the Elements are worthless without their friendship, they could have worked much better the conflict between Luna and Celestia and explain why is it that the Elements wouldn't work for Celestia and Luna against Discord in the next season. A better result with the better looking necklaces and crown, instead of those designs for the Rainbow Power.

With enough time to develop Nightmare Moon's back history, maybe hiding that she is Celestia's sister until later, she would have enough time be show as a threat. Celestia would send the girls in adventures to retrieve the Elements of Harmony, some token artifacts and they would be tested in one way or another for their Elements until they finally managed to get all of them while developing their friendships without them realizing how they've come together.

In the finale, the actual events of Nightmare Moon's rise could be shown, instead of told and there would be some battle between the two sisters as the girls try to use the artifacts and all it does is cause Nightmare Moon to laugh at their child-like attempt. She knows what the Elements are and that they are dormant because the power of friendship is required to activate them. THEN they realize that they ARE friends as each remember the trials they had to surpass and the Elements manifest, donning each with their corresponding jewel and they rainbow Nightmare Moon into submission, turning her back to Princess Luna. In the epilogue, Celestia explains the difference between knowing a path and walking a path, yadda, yadda, yadda...

I also think that miss Meghan likes crystals too much. She might be related to King Sombra.

While I like the Crystal Empire, I think Canterlot is more magical and beautiful.

Hm, I did not know a significant amount of people don't support Flashlight, it's pretty much canon. :wacko:

Canon, but a lot of people wish it wasn't. Hence the Waifu Stealer meme. 

Canon, but a lot of people wish it wasn't. Hence the Waifu Stealer meme. 

lol I looked that up, and on the Fan Labor Wiki one of his alt names is Waifu Stealer. Not sure if true or just one butthurt brony, but either way rofl :P

- The comics are overrated, specifically the "Nightmare Rarity" arc, and I get very irritated when people try passing the off as canon when it hasn't been confirmed, only left up to speculation. 

- "Pinkie Pride" was a good episode, but I think people just got jaded over Weird Al's appearance. Yes, I'm saying that episode is overrated. 

- I'm looking forward to "Rainbow Rocks" and "Equestria Academy" :D

I'm pretty sure that the comics are passed off as pseudo-canon, meaning that while they could be counted as canon, the events have little impact on the events of the show and won't be referenced in the show, so they could be considered non-canon. The comics are more like a bit of flavor text for those that are interested in that sort of thing.

• Brohoof 1