Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

(edited)

Or you can just do and just blame everyone. I do believe everyone was at fault in the episode. 

I think the biggest reason need people call out the mane 6 a lot is because they were portrayed as in right, despite the fact that the episode has an entire scene with them doing the exact same thing Dash was being called out for.

Echh. My problem with that is that they were acting. Wasn't it obvious? They were planning it all along, you know. 

Furthermore, I think it's justified, because how do you think talking it over with RD would've gone in that scenario? I, personally, can't see it going over so well; she was in the wrong, but she didn't know she was in the wrong; the only way they could've gotten their point across effectively was to prove to Rainbow Dash herself that she was wrong, which, they did.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

Echh. My problem with that is that they were acting. Wasn't it obvious? They were planning it all along, you know. 

Furthermore, I think it's justified, because how do you think talking it over with RD would've gone in that scenario? I, personally, can't see it going over so well; she was in the wrong, but she didn't know she was in the wrong; the only way they could've gotten their point across effectively was to prove to Rainbow Dash herself that she was wrong, which, they did.

Ehhh. I was talking about the infamous Sugar Cube Corner scene. I don't think it was justified at all, instead it just makes them look lik hypocrites, and it defeats the entire point of the episode imo. Had they cut that entire scene, the whole episode would've been easier to stomach imo

But w/e, opinions opinions. I don't want to derail this threadby complaining about something I should've gotten over by now

Ehhh. I was talking about the infamous Sugar Cube Corner scene. I don't think it was justified at all, instead it just makes them look lik hypocrites, and it defeats the entire point of the episode imo. Had they cut that entire scene, the whole episode would've been easier to stomach imo

But w/e, opinions opinions. I don't want to derail this threadby complaining about something I should've gotten over by now

Which is the scene I was talking about as well. Did I not make that clear? :huh: 

Which is the scene I was talking about as well. Did I not make that clear? :huh: 

Sorry, I guess I just read it wrong  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

Hard to think of these things.

•  I think Applejack is usually boring.
  • I prefer Luna over Celestia.

These are really, really popular opinions. Just saying.

- MLP is honestly kind of dull.

- Applejack is best main six.

- Background ponies are background ponies. I don't get their popularity at all.

- Cadence > Celestia = Twilight > Luna.

Mare Do Well was an awesome episode.

Somepony to Watch Over Me was also a great one, and none of the ponies were out-of-character to me.

- Fluttershy has about as much character development as the lamp on my desk.

Leap of Faith is underrated.

- Whether or not a brony is a clopper doesn't matter jack shit to me.

- I don't like Derpy Hooves.

- Season 4 > Season 3 > Season 2 = Season 1.

- Apple Bloom > Sweetie Belle > Scootaloo.

My Little Dashie is crap.

• Brohoof 8

Baby Ponies aren't cute. In fact, they're rather ugly.

I don't like Scootaloo all that much.

Season 3 isn't that bad. Sure, I think it's the worst of the 4 seasons so far, but it definitely had it's moments.

Most antagonists (Keyword: Most) are poorly thought out and are as interesting as a potato salad. (i.e. Mane-iac, Nightmare Moon, Trixie)

Hard to think of these things.

•  I think Applejack is usually boring.
  • I prefer Luna over Celestia.

....please tell me you're joking. Those aren't unpopular at all.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

-The "The Pinkie Pie Serial Killer" Fanon just really does not sit well with me

-I thought Rainbow Falls was a good episode

-I really dislike the .MOV videos

Edited by The Coffee Man
  • Brohoof 1

I've already posted here, but I'm gonna flesh out old opinions and add new ones. Remember, these are just my opinions:

Fluttershy is a boring, static, one-note character with very little personaility.

A Canterlot Wedding is basically one huge plot contrivance after another, and Chrysalis is down right moronic.

Magical Mystery Cure is an amazing episode; it didn't feel rushed at all. Nothing in the episode needed more time than it was given.

Scootaloo is worst pony. She's hardly got a character beyond "RAINBOW DASH IS THE BEST I WANT TO BE RAINBOW DASH"

Twist is adorable. Yeah, not all these are negative.

• Brohoof 5

- I've never found a pony "cute".

- While Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony out of the mane 6, Scootaloo isn't my favorite CMC, Sweetie Belle is.

- My favorite scene of the show is this one:

Fluttershy is a boring, static, one-note character with very little personaility.

True.

Although I still believe there's a chance to change it. But as long as writers idea of improving her is something like "let's change Fluttershy into something she isn't" - Fluttershy as a character has nothing interesting to offer, at least for me. 

Scootaloo is worst pony. She's hardly got a character beyond "RAINBOW DASH IS THE BEST I WANT TO BE RAINBOW DASH"

And once again, true.

I'm really sad that writers try to make her Rainbow Dash Numer 2. I wouldn't say she's the worst pony, but least interesting CMC seems about right. I'm unable to see what's so appealing in her character, especially since - as I stated before - I find the idea of her being an orphan stupid. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, I've got a LOT.

-I despise Pinkie Pie

-I HATED "Rainbow Falls"

-I loved Suri Polomare Gilda, and Lightning Dust as characters and would LOVE to see them return.

-I lost all respect for the Wonderbolts in Season 4

-Coco Pommel is WAY overrated

-Magical Mystery Cure was rushed and terrible

-The Crystal Empire was the worst premiere and King Sombra the worst villain.

-I only occasionally enjoy the songs in the show and don't really look forward to any of them.

-Also, none of the main characters should have canon love interests.

-I hate Friendship is Witchcraft.

Edited by TimeLordRainbowDash
  • Brohoof 3

Baby Ponies aren't cute. In fact, they're rather ugly.

I don't like Scootaloo all that much.

Season 3 isn't that bad. Sure, I think it's the worst of the 4 seasons so far, but it definitely had it's moments.

Most antagonists (Keyword: Most) are poorly thought out and are as interesting as a potato salad. (i.e. Mane-iac, Nightmare Moon, Trixie)

....please tell me you're joking. Those aren't unpopular at all.

Okay, sorry. Didn't realize the Applejack one was THAT popular because all the bronies at my school seem to love her.

I'll try harder to come up with something. Let's see.

• I like Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Gilda as villains way more than Trixie. In fact, Trixie sucks.

• I don't care even a little bit about Dr. Hooves, or a number of the background ponies.

• I'm so frickin' tired of all the songs. I think they should have 1/3 or 1/2 the amount they have now and focus on quality.

• I'd hate Fluttershy -- the only thing that saves her for me is the cute factor. If not for that, she'd be one of my least favorite ponies of the entire show.

• Any Homestuck and MLP crossovers make me angry, same for Frozen and MLP crossovers.

• I don't like Digibrony anymore and the same is starting to happen to Tommy Oliver--those two are too critical. I used to love listening to them.

• I hate the Flim Flam bros. music a lot.

• The show is still good and nothing negative is happening to it on a whole (aside from a biiit too much fanpandering but it's not too, too noticeable)

• I don't care about the mythological monsters in the show lately. Wish the show did more with them.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I feel like the only reason why people like Sonic Rainboom is because of..

1. The "Yay" scene

2. The Sonic Rainboom Scene

Kind of like how Derpy gets fairly larges rolls in two otherwise meh episodes and boom, Rainbow Falls and Last Round Up are the best episodes ever...

Oh yeah another opinion of mine: Derpy is overrated. Actually scratch that every character is over rated! Rainbow Dash is sooooo awesome. Pinkie is soooooo funny. Fluttershy is sooooo cute. Spike is sooooo underrated that he is overrated at being underrated, AJ slightly falls under this category as well. Rarity is soooooo perfect and beautiful, looking at you Ghostie. Twilight is sooo smart! I just wish people would take off the cock tease glasses and just realize that they are normal characters! 

*starts breathing again*

Sorry, I'll be in the corner if anybody needs me again.

Edited by Biznis Kitty

EVERY PONY IS THE BEST FREAKING PONY!

So everyone has a fav pony in the fandom from Mane Six to

side and well,  fan-made such as Fluffy Puff or Buttons and

etc.   Yet if you diss say someones fav pony they call for "OMG YOU DID

NOT JUST DISS MY PONY" and freak out (not all are like that but it does happen)...

Every person is open to have their own opinions on the fandom/show just don't blow

a freaking gasket....

(edited)

I think "Rainbow Dash - You're Gonna Go Far Kid" is a terrible PMV. All it is is the same terrible song with a higher pitch with Rainbow Dash "lip syncing" (if you even call it that). The reason it has over 16 million views on Youtube I'll never know.

I bet I could make a higher pitch version of All Star or Thomas' Anthem, have Fluttershy sing and it will turn into one of the most popular PMVs ever.

But, more focused on the show than fanon, I think most Spike and CMC episodes (besides for Spike for your Service) are actually enjoyable.

And, Spike's National Anthem is so bad it's good.

Edited by Stepney
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I think "Rainbow Dash - You're Gonna Go Far Kid" is a terrible PMV. All it is is the same terrible song with a higher pitch with Rainbow Dash "lip syncing" (if you even call it that). The reason it has over 16 million views on Youtube I'll never know.

It's got good timing (and less good lip sync) and was an early PMV. At that time in 2011, there were really a small amount of PMV creators. 

One of my unpopular opinions is that PMVs creators are my favorite subset of the fandom. They really don't get as much of the spotlight or credit as others, but if you want your faith in the view count to be restored...

I've had nothing but positive interactions with PMVers and they've made a lovely site which looks carefully at everything submitted to it and always posts their thoughts on the submissions that do get through. And despite frequent posting, PMV Today is always high quality. Here's one made last month from a PMVer I follow:

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The show has gotten better as it has gone on; season 4 is the best season

The Crystal Empire is the best two-parter

I don't hate any songs on the show

Twilight is the worst of the mane six in season 4 - she's underdeveloped/used and is not all that interesting (most episodes), aside from the premier episode (not sure if that's an unpopular opinion or not)

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 5