Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do ponies have last names?

Lovebug

These are the questions I ponder at nighttime. But seriously, do ponies have last name? Pinkie Pie's last name is clear as day but what about Fluttershy? Or Rarity or Applejack? 

Applejack's family are always referred to as the Apple's. So is her full name...Applejack Apple? Wha-

And what about Rarity? She insisted on being called Miss Rarity. No last name required. 

It's just strange to me for some reason. 

These are the questions I ponder at nighttime. But seriously, do ponies have last name? Pinkie Pie's last name is clear as day but what about Fluttershy? Or Rarity or Applejack? 

Applejack's family are always referred to as the Apple's. So is her full name...Applejack Apple? Wha-

And what about Rarity? She insisted on being called Miss Rarity. No last name required. 

It's just strange to me for some reason. 

Rarity's last name is Diamond 

And yes, Applejack's last name is Apple.

I'm not sure about Fluttershy though. I think also that Twilight's last name is Sparkle.

Yeah, ponies do have last names but we call them by their first names. Background ponies and all of the ponies have last names, we could say that we never noticed them.

Rarity's last name is Diamond

Wait it is? I thought her last name was Belle.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they have last names I think the writers just leave it up to the fandom for that kind of think most of the time.

It's kind of a yes and no if that helps at all.... like they can have a last name if you want them to I guess, like Rappy0 said, the writers just let the fans think of the last name for the ponies as for me I don't really don't mind if they do or don't.

I think they have Family Names instead of actual last names. Kind of like in ancient times where you go

"I am Discord, son of Chaos, From the clan of Disharmony"

So pinkie pie would be "Pinkie Pie of the Rock Clan"

I dunno...

I think that pony's do infact have last names, but I think that maybe in their society last names simply aren't as important maybe. Or just not used as frequently for anything. 

I think Ponies like Twilight have their lastname already shown, although I guess in a way its something that could be left up to your own interpretation. Seems like generally the fandom consider Twilight's last name to be Sparkle, which makes sense to me. Same with any other pony, even those without last names if you want to come up with them.

I don't know if cannon they actually have last names, but I assume they do.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think they have last names, I'm assuming that everyone has their own unique name but have something in common or anything related with their relatives. Like Applejack for example, her whole family has something to do with Apples and other fruit, Rainbow Dash has something to do with her color maybe? I mean her dad has the same mane color, and the word 'dash' is a pretty fitting name for her.

I think that pony's do infact have last names, but I think that maybe in their society last names simply aren't as important maybe. Or just not used as frequently for anything. 

I think Ponies like Twilight have their lastname already shown, although I guess in a way its something that could be left up to your own interpretation. Seems like generally the fandom consider Twilight's last name to be Sparkle, which makes sense to me. Same with any other pony, even those without last names if you want to come up with them.

I don't know if cannon they actually have last names, but I assume they do.

I think there is a family name somewhere in all of their names. Like everypony seems to refer to AJ's family as "The Apples". I don't think "Sparkle" is Twi's last name...there has to be something that links them all together and the reason I say this is because her brother is Shining Armor.

If we knew her parents' name that could help out. We know that Pinkie PIE is not her real name anyway. It's Pinkimeanie Pie, but I have a hard time believing that her family of rock farmers are the Pie family....