Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Palomino Creek Boarding School for the Disabled

sunne

(edited)

~"Welcome, ponies. We have opened this fine academy to give those who have issues in normal schools a way to learn properly. We take utmost care of our students and have a medical clinic that is open 24/7, should they require medical assistance or care. These ponies are in good hooves, I assure you all."~

-Principal Antiqua

In a little valley, there is a small pony village near a small river called Palomino Creek. A pony named Antiqua heard of how peaceful it was and decided it would be the perfect spot for her new school for disabled ponies.

Setting the Scene:

The School has been open for a year, and it's a new semesterhere.

This is mostly SOL but every once in a while I'll think of something interesting

Hello fillies and gentlecolts!

Welcome to my newest RP.

Almost everypony here will have some sort of disability or disorder. The entire RP is of a class of 30. There is a principal, Antiqua, who I play as. There are four or five teachers and eight classes. Each teacher teaches one or two classes. The class stays in one room, and the teachers rotate out of it. There are also two EAs(Educational Assistants) there to help. If you're going to be a teacher or EA, I suggest being a student as well, as it will be boring if just a teacher.So in total, there's about... 37 spots? Also, you don't need to be disabled. You can be there to help ponies with disabilities, such as sighted guides, sign language translators, etc.

I will list the disabilities that are available. You are allowed to be up to two ponies. Each student can have up to one physical disability and up to two mental disorders/disabilities. There are two spots per mental disorder unless specified.

Cafeteria mares and secretaries are NPCs.

For the Cafeteria mares, just say they give you your food. No need to make them talk.

As for the secretaries, one is quiet and nice, one is bored and somewhat rude. The nice one shall be white with a blue mane and pink eyes,(Feather Note(Pegasus)) and the bored one will have a dark green mane with dark purple highlights, orange eyes, and a lemon yellow coat.(Citrus(Earth))

Just try to think of a fitting response if you find yourself in the office and are talking to one of them.

I completely made those two up. Sorry if they seem to be similar to one of your OCs.

Rules:

•Romance is allowed, but don't let it dominate the RP, and keep it COMPLETELY SFW. This is not based off of Katawa. PG-13 AT MOST. Preferably PG.

•This should be obvious, but no Mary Sues/Gary Stus.

•No godmodding or controlling other people's characters unless the owner of the OC.

•No Alicorns

•Good grammar, spelling and punctuation. This includes keeping to one tense.

_

Twilight Sparkle opened her new spellbook, and noticed that she already knew a lot of the spells. There still were spells that she didn't know, and when she saw one, she giggled with elation.

"Ooh! More spells to learn! I'm so excited," she squealed. "Now, where is Spike?"

_

Looks better than:

_

twilit sprakle opns her knew speelbook and notised that she alreddy now alot f teh speels. tere stil r splls tht he didnt now and hen she seas 1, she giggld wit ilatiun

oo. mor spels too lern im so exitedd. sh sqweels. now weres spiek."

_

... (That second one was painful to type :( X0 :o)

•You are allowed violence, but we don't want to kill anypony. Yet.

•I decide the roommates and room numbers.

•Ages 15-18 for students.

•If you have a mental disorder, don't be too far gone.

•Nothing too traumatic about your OCs past unless they have PTSD or are an amputee from an accident. But still, not too dramatic or tragic...

•Two characters per brony(or three if you want to be a teacher)(I will have five, because of Antiqua,

and one student, but Antiqua won't do much nd the student is going to be gone shortly after it starts.

•Pony characters only. No griffons or furries or changelings. Well, maybe changelings... But you'd have to have a REALLY good reason for them to be there.

•((OOC: is accepted in this form))

[OOC: is accepted in this form]

OOC: is not accepted in this form

<OOC: is accepted in this form>

•Mention or quote the pony you're responding to.

Say, you were going to mention me, you would put:

[~b~]@[~member=Silent Dawn~],[/b~] without the "~"s , to get @,.

•Put the name of one of the Mane 6 in Other so I know you read this.

Now, there is an application for each type of role.

~~~

Disabled student:

Name:

Preferred nickname:

Hometown:

Disability(/ies):

Medication(optional):

Species:

Best Class(see class schedule.):

Appearance:

Database page:

Backstory:

Other:

~~~

Student helper

Name:

Preferred nickname:

Hometown:

Helps with(blind, amputee, or deaf):

Species:

Best Class(see class schedule.):

Appearance:

Database page:

Backstory:

Other:

~~~

Teacher or EA:

Name:

What the students are to call you:

Subject(s):

Species:

Backstory:

Database page:

Appearance:

Other:

~~~

All applications must have a small paragraph of writing to show how well you can RP.

My forms:

~~~

Principal;

Name:Antiqua

What the students are to call you: Ms. A/Principal Antiqua/Ms. Antiqua

Species: Unicorn

Subject(s):None

Backstory:Look at page.

Database page:

Appearance: dark brown mane that is always up in a curly bun with black streaks, dark blue eyes, gray glasses. Her forelocks are very similar to Twilight's. Her tail is a sort of ringlet.

~~~

Name: Pacific Glow(Teacher and EA)

What the students are to call you:Miss Glow

Subject(s): Braytish(pony equivalent of English) and Social Studies.

Backstory: Pacific grew up in a small town on the coast. Her family ran the famous lighthouse there.

Twilight Sparkle became her role model, and she studied magic. She found her special talent was elemental magic, namely Water magic and Light magic. She wanted to become a teacher, and when she heard of the new school in Vanhoofer, she immediately scheduled an interview. She got two jobs. She would be with one group as a Braytish teacher, and she would help them in some of their other blocks.

Database page: Clicky

Appearance:light blue coat, bright yellow eyes. Long, wavy, deep blue mane and tail with white streaks.

~~~

Name: ~Coming Soon~

Preferred nickname: ~Coming Soon~

Hometown: Windermare

Disability(/ies):Fully blind

Medication(optional):None

Species:Pegasus

Best Class(see class schedule.): Braytish&Math

Appearance: light blue coat, sky blue and red mane, chocolate brown eyes.

Database page:Coming Soon

Backstory: ~Coming Soon~

~~~

I have two more incoming. One will leave soon.

(hr]

Other Important stuff:

Class Schedule:

Block 1: Math

Block 2: Braytish

Special Class: Separated Activities(basically there's a teacher for every species and they break into groups of those species and work on skills to cope with the disabilities and etc. they do little goals and activities and the teachers answer any questions anypony might have.)

DPA: PE

Block 3: Social Studies

Block 4: Science

The block rotation is different every day. The only classes that stay the same are SA and PE. Lunch is always right after SA.

There is often something as a "special" in the cafeteria.

Each RP morning I will announce the day, block rotation, and lunch special. Also, I control the bells.

Now, the Disability list!

If you can think of more, PM me to suggest it/them. I may or may not agree.

Disabilities:

-Physical:

--Blind:

—Completely:~taken, may open one slot...~

—Partially:~tken by Cerulean Sky

—Colorblind:

--

--Deaf:

—Completely(you'll need to be your own translator as a second pony):

—Partially:

--

--Amputees:

—Foreleg(s):

—Hind Leg(s):

—Wing(s):

--

--Mute:~1 slot left, 1 taken by Lyona1 may be reserved~

-

-Mental Disorders:

--Autism:

—PDD-NOS:

—Asperger's Syndrome:

--

--Personality Disorders:

—Histrionic:

—Avoidant:~1 slot taken, one left.~

—Antisocial: ~1 slot taken by Lyona

—OCD:

—Narcissistic:

—Borderline:

--

--Depressive Disorders:

—Major:

—Seasonal Affective:

—-Bipolar:

——Bipolar type I:

——Bipolar type II:

——Cyclothymia:

—-

—Psychotic: ~One slot for now, taken.~

--

--Others:

—Dissociative Identity Disorder:(1 slot)

—Insomnia:~ 1 slot left, 1 taken by Cerulean Sky

—Amnesia:

—ADD:

—ADHD:

—PTSD:(1 slot, only mild)

--

-

On-Campus Sites:

-Cafeteria

-Main school building

-Dorms

-Courtyard

-Small Library

-Small Gymnasium

-First Aid/Doctor's centre should a student need it. Whenever somepony needs a mediction, they go there.

Off-Campus sites(in Palomino Creek but near, the only time you're allowed to go very far is if it's a weekend or vacation.):

-Small Café

-Bakery

-Book store

-Supermarket(groceries)

Sorry for the wall of text. Anyway, please try to read it all and feel free to sign up. I want an even number of mares and stallions.

Edited by Silent Dawn

If I may, I have a query.

One of my characters has a rather odd and not commonly known disorder. It is called Haphephobia. It's a rather hard disorder to live with, for, you see, it is the fear of touch. She is otherwise rather quite functional, but would a haphephobe have a place in this school?

If I may, I have a query.

One of my characters has a rather odd and not commonly known disorder. It is called Haphephobia. It's a rather hard disorder to live with, for, you see, it is the fear of touch. She is otherwise rather quite functional, but would a haphephobe have a place in this school?

Sure! Send in the link and I'll add her :)

Id love to joinn!! My persona PenQulle, would be perfect!! I claim the Aspergers Syndrome and Bipolar!! :) I will have her back story ready tommorow.

Alright, I'll mark it down. What version of bipolar?

Hey, If you don't mind me being bad at the grammar shit i'll take dat Color blind, Amputee spot.

I'll be making an oc shortly if that's cool.

and here's that oc.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/salvador-r3690

As long as you at least try with the grammar, ok.

One issue.

I thought I put this in the rules, but you can only have up to three conditions, only up to one being physical.

Disabled student:

Name: Cerulean Sky

Preferred nickname: Cerulean

Hometown: Cloudsdale

Disability(/ies): Insomnia, and is also half blind.

Medication(optional): None

Species: Pegasus

Best Class(see class schedule.):Braytish

Appearance: Signature

Database page: Signature

Backstory: Signature

Other:N/A

(edited)

Amputee is arguably only one condition and color blind is the other, unless you count body part's which i find silly. i'm an amputee and i'm color blind and I find that kind odd but if i must drop one i'll fix it. question is which one so ill do some thinking. 

Edited by CobraComando

Disabled student
Name: Lyona
Preferred nickname: Lulu
Hometown: Somewhere at the corner of Equestria 
Disability(/ies): Mute and Antisocial
Medication(optional): Therapy
Best Class(see class schedule.): Braytish and Science
Appearance: Sandy coat with a slightly darker orange mane.
Database page: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/lyona-r3687
Backstory: (Backstory for this RP is different than original backstory) Born and raised at the edge of Equestria in a fully Earth-pony village. Her parents forced her to cover up her wings since this village did not accept any race other than Earth-pony, but her parents did not want to leave her. Had a job as an organizer of the crops, since anything else required her to talk, and interact with other ponies. One day, her wings were revealed and she was forced to run away from the village. She ran to the nearest train station and secretly got aboard, to Canterlot. There, she was found and then it was decided to submit her to the school.

Other: Twilight

(edited)

Amputee is arguably only one condition and color blind is the other, unless you count body part's which i find silly. i'm an amputee and i'm color blind and I find that kind odd but if i must drop one i'll fix it. question is which one so ill do some thinking.

Let me clarify.

If you have issues seeing, that's a visual impairment. A physical impairment. It does not affect your way of thinking on its own. Such is the lack of a limb.

The limits in this RP are one physical disability per pony, if your character must have a physical impairment.

Disabled student:

Name: Cerulean Sky

Preferred nickname: Cerulean

Hometown: Cloudsdale

Disability(/ies): Insomnia, and is also half blind.

Medication(optional): None

Best Class(see class schedule.):Braytish

Appearance: Signature

Database page: Signature

Backstory: Signature

Other:N/A

Accepted! Welcome to the RP, I'll add you to the OP.

Disabled studentName: LyonaAge:14Preferred nickname: LuluHometown: Somewhere at the corner of Equestria Disability(/ies): Mute and AntisocialMedication(optional): TherapyGender: FemaleSpecies: PegasusBest Class(see class schedule.): Braytish and ScienceAppearance: Sandy coat with a slightly darker orange mane.Database page: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/lyona-r3687Backstory: (Backstory for this RP is different than original backstory) Born and raised at the edge of Equestria in a fully Earth-pony village. Her parents forced her to cover up her wings since this village did not accept any race other than Earth-pony, but her parents did not want to leave her. Had a job as an organizer of the crops, since anything else required her to talk, and interact with other ponies. One day, her wings were revealed and she was forced to run away from the village. She ran to the nearest train station and secretly got aboard, to Canterlot. There, she was found and then it was decided to submit her to the school.

Other: Twilight

Also accepted! Welcome aboard. One question, why is she mute? Edited by Silent Dawn

She was born without vocal chords. Even if that wasn't the issue, I don't think she'll speak even if she had them xD.

Ahh, I see. I was just wondering. I have added her to the list.

Oh, and Cobra, twilight24, and Gale, please fill out the form for your character.

(edited)

i know was just saying i'm thinking on it, sheesh, Scratch the Color blind thing and keep the amputee and i think i'm good.

Student helper
Name:Salvador
Preferred nickname:His name will do fine
Hometown: Gladesdale
Helps with: Amputee
Species: Pegesus (Just saw the No griffon's part, Change it too Pegasus and i'm good)
Best Class:P.E
Appearance:Rusted Copper 
Database page:http://mlpforums.com.../salvador-r3690
Backstory: As character 

Other:Doing some edit's on the character real quick.

Edited by CobraComando

i know was just saying i'm thinking on it, sheesh, Scratch the Color blind thing and keep the amputee and i think i'm good.

Okay, and It just seemed like you didn't understand what I meant.

Anyhow, could you please complete the student form?

There's my post And the sheet thing finished anything else I need to change in my Bio you just let me know and i'll get it fixed. How many people do you think we will need?

There's my post And the sheet thing finished anything else I need to change in my Bio you just let me know and i'll get it fixed. How many people do you think we will need?

Depends how many ponies each person is willing to play. We still need quite a few students, and the teachers.

I'll go over your character and tell you if he's accepted.

Oh. I think you meant to put him up as an amputee, not a helper. Did you? It may just be me misinterpreting things. But the helpers at generally unimpaired but it's fine if you'd rather be a helper.

Disabled student:
Name:Gardenia
Preferred nickname: N/A
Hometown: Canterlot
Disability(/ies): Haphephobia(the fear of touch)
Medication(optional): N/A
Species: Earth Pony
Best Class: Social Studies
Appearance:Taller than average mare with a light blue coat. Her mane and tail are long and wavy, blonde with streaks of highlights. Her eyes are amethyst purple, and that purple matches well with the three amethyst gems on the necklace she habitually wears. She occasionally dresses in a simple but silken purple dress. However, in a school setting such as this, she would probably not be wearing it very often. Her cutie mark is a white gardenia flower.

Database page: In my Sig
Backstory: Illegitimate daughter of Prince Blueblood. During most of her fillyhood she was raised only by her mother, but eventually Celestia learned about her and ordered that she be brought into the castle proper. Her relationship with her father is unsteady at best, but he has made some effort to be a proper father.
At some point in her fillyhood, Gardenia had developed an uncommon disorder called Haphephobia, and unfortunately, as in most of cases of Haphephobia, the cause of its development was unable to be determined. She spent most of her time in voluntary solitude, either in the royal gardens, where she discovered and nurtured her special talent, or the library, where she would study and she had found that she rather liked academics.
Her father and mother agreed that it would be best to send her to Palomino Creek Boarding School so that she might have the opportunity to socialize more in an environment that was sensitive to her care.
Other:

Disabled student:

Name: Sunyatay Sutra
Preferred nickname: N/A
Hometown: Manehattan
Disability(/ies): Avoidant Personality Disorder
Medication(optional): None yet
Species: Unicorn Pony
Best Class: Science
Appearance: Sunyatay is often invisible or translucent.  When she can be seen, she is a petite pony with a pastel pink coat, white mane and tail with pink streaks, and blue eyes. Her mane and tail are long, straight, and trimmed straight at the ends. Her mane usually shrouds most of her face, with her horn and one eye peeking out.  See database page for picture.

Database page: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/sunyatay-sutra-r3585

Backstory: Sunyatay was born to a large immigrant family in Manehattan. Her parents and siblings were all very driven to "make it" in their new home. Her parents relentlessly drove their foals to be successful, but Sunyatay did not have it in her to be forceful and competitive. She went from being a major disappointment to being...overlooked entirely.

At school, she was constantly made fun of. This got worse when everypony else in her class got their cutie marks and she was still a blank flank. She retreated into her studies and meditation, and learned to avoid others when she could. One day, the bullying and mockery got so bad that Sunyatay wished with all her heart that she could just disappear...

...and she did.

At first, Sunyatay was delighted. The other foals couldn't hurt her anymore. They couldn't even find her! At last, she was left...alone. She soon found out that she was not only invisible, she was almost completely intangible. She tried to push a door open with her hoof, and went through it instead. When she used her magic to move things, other ponies reacted with shock and fear: a ghost!

Her parents were called to the school, along with a Royal Guardsman. Listening to their conversation, it soon became apparent that everypony was starting to think that she was dead, that she had caused some kind of unusual spell failure. At first, she was afraid to reveal herself--she would be in so much trouble! Finally she realized that she needed to do it...and she couldn't. Try as she might, she could not "un-disappear."

She was about to try talking, or moving things...when her parents simply nodded and accepted her death. Their failure-filly had failed so completely that she would never disgrace the family again. She followed them home, only to find that her siblings would not miss her terribly either. Little evidences of her presence, like objects she moved or attempts to talk, caused her family to think her ghost was haunting them. They hired a pair of unicorn exorcists (Flim and Flam before their invention scheme). The "exorcists" fled when Sunyatay started throwing things at them in anguish. They'd never encountered a real "evil spirit" before!

Their efforts were ultimately successful though. By causing her to react with strong emotion, they gave her the ability to become tangible enough to convince her family that she was not dead after all.  For a time they tried to keep her at home and her condition out of the public eye, hoping her malady would fade with time.  To the contrary, Sunyatay realized a disturbing truth: she was becoming even less real. It was easier to walk through solid objects. Her magic and telekinesis were becoming weaker, because there was less of her "in the world."

Through experimentation over time, Sunyatay realized that if she could make somepony happy, she could become a little more real. Except, if she was spotted doing it by anypony outside of her own family, the usual ghost-panic would set in, and her reality would erode further. Perhaps...if she could find some way to make an actual friend... 

Finally, her parents decided to quietly have her enrolled in the Palomino Creek boarding school so that her malady would not threaten the family with social humiliation in Mainehattan high society. 

OOC: I've made some edits to her backstory for this RP.  Also, if desired, I can dial back the intangibility and invisibility aspects of Sunyatay's condition.

Other: Twilight Sparkle

@, Worth a shot to try to sign him up! fill out the form and I'll tell you if he will fit. 

@@GaleFenrir, Accepted! I'll add you.

@, Also accepted! maybe dial back the invisibility a bit. Just enough so that at her most invisible, she's just really really faded? or something? if this makes sense at all. The intangibility is fine.

@

It's fine if you're a student helper, I just thought you meant to put that you were in the disabled group yourself.

We still need a few helpers and several disabled students, and EAs and teachers. If needed, I will have to have Pacific teach everything, but I'd rather not have that happen. 

In that case, I think I'll make a teacher.

Teacher or EA:
Name: Professor Cannon
What the students are to call you: Dr. C
Subject(s): Science!(and a little bit of social studies, mostly just history)
Species: Earth
Backstory: Cannon grew up in a small earth pony village, that had a focus on agriculture. He didn't much care though. He was certainly strong and sturdy, so he worked on the farm with his family. But, he always had a greater interest in science. He would buy diagrams and kits with the money he would save up. 

He was the first in his family to go to college, and he got a doctorate in anatomy. He spent some time teaching at a university, but he didn't feel quite so accomplished. When he heard of Palomino Creek, he saw an opportunity to help and teach students who would really need him.

Database page: Not yet, in progress.
Appearance: Stocky and buff, a little on the short side for a stallion. He tends to wear a white lab coat, even though he rarely works in a lab, he just thinks it looks good on him. Sandy yellow coat, grey mane and tail.
Other: His fields of expertise are in anatomy, chemistry, and history. I chose this because "Cannon" is the term for what would basically be a pony's femur, cannons use pyrotechnics, and cannon is a homophone for canon, which is why he dabbles in history.

Disabled student
Name: Anubis
Preferred nickname: Anubis
Hometown: Hollow Shades
Disability(/ies): Psychopathic 
Medication(optional):
Best Class(see class schedule.): Science
Appearance: Dark blue coat. Also dark blue mane with lighter blue. Ice blue eyes.
Database page: Didn't make one yet, since I'm making this character only for this RP
Backstory: Born in Canterlot in the poorest parts of the city, Anubis was raised with a drunken pony for a father. He was one of the school's biggest bullies, and constantly got into trouble with the school. He was in the top tiers of his local gang, which basically went around mugging ponies for cash. He didn't feel emotion much, but bullying and stealing helped him feel. Eventually, that wasn't enough. He started bullying more, and was harsher to his victims. He started stealing from homes of the ponies of a lower class than him. One day, he caught a filthy rich noble kid and dragged him into the alleyway, demanding everything he had. The kid refused, and Anubis beat him up to get him to submit. The pony still refused, so Anubis beat him harder and harder. But, Anubis was caught in the act. That pony that Anubis had beaten up had several broken ribs, nothing more since the fight had been interrupted. Surprisingly, the noblepony defended Anubis in court, saying that he simply wanted Anubis to attend the school instead of serving time. The judge agreed, and Anubis was taken to the Palomino school.
Other: Has a magic restrainer on his horn and should be kept under careful watch. Since the incident, Anubis has calmed down but he is still prone to lashing out.

@

(edited)

Disabled student:
Name: He doesn't know
Preferred nickname: Gears
Hometown: Cloudsdale (assumed)
Disability(/ies): Amnesia
Medication(optional): none
Species: Pegasi
Best Class(see class schedule.): Science
Appearance: Light gray coat, blue mane, and bright green eyes. His cutie mark is two grey gears. Out of habit he wears light brown boots, that he usually wore when working outside of the mountain.
Database page: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/gears-r3719
Backstory: Gears was found unconcious by two blacksmith ponies, 500 miles from Cloudsdale on the side of a mountain underneath some large rocks that had fallen. His wings were crushed and mangled, but not beyond repair. He was taken to the two blacksmith's home inside of the mountain where they farmed for metal ore and smithed various objects. It was there that they repaired his wings, however they were unable to save some ligiments so they replaced them with a light copper skeletal base. During all of this, Gears remained unconscious, but when he awoke he found that he could not remember who he was, or what he had been doing so far from his home.

The blacksmithing ponies allowed Gears to stay with them, teaching him how to mine for ores and smith, and the stallion soon found that he was very talented when it came to fixing the machines that the ponies used to mine. He earned his cutie mark doing such and also got his nickname, 'Gears'.

At the age of 15, the ponies sent Gears away to Palomino Creek in hopes that he would be able to regain his identity and reunite with his family.
Other: He can fly but as he was partially raised by earth ponies he chooses not to.

Edited by DarligPegasi

@@GaleFenrir,

Accepted, thank you :D

@,

Also accepted! 

@@DarligPegasi,

You're accepted as well!

I'm going to have issues getting this all on the OP.

I will, though. Once i get on my iPad. I just find it easier to copy/paste on it than on my computer for some reason. Maybe because I've been using only it for the past few months and I'm more used to it.

Note that this little rant helped me over the character limit XD. Oh well, even if it weren't for that,  I probably would've left this rant here. 

370 characters, woo!

• Brohoof 1

The more i thought about it, the more I wanted to play Sunset. I refrained because I wanted to use my creativity and make a new character, and she has more than two things, but I'm the DM, so yeah...

Disabled student:
Name:Sunset Sky
Preferred nickname:Sunset
Hometown:Prince Blueblood Island
Disability(/ies): PTSD, also giving her depression and a few phobias, and Avoidant personality disorder.
Medication(optional): Medication
Species:Pegasus
Best Class(see class schedule.): Undecided.
Appearance:see avatar
Database page:click her name
Backstory: Orphan, orphanage got attacked and she got beat when she was very young, attackers got found out and sent to moil, she entered school and got bullied. In page's backstory I say that she gets adopted, but for this: She's still at the orphanage, and the caretakers are worried about her. After a full-blown panic attack at the orphanage one day, they decide to send her to Palomino Creek.