Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So does anypony have a concelled carry permit?

Oblivion

(edited)

As you could probably imagine I am the local "gun nut" on this form and was just sitting here kind of board so I decided to make yet another gun related topic.

Me personally do not have a CCW permit only due to the fact that you have to be 21 to get one.

Also if not what are your views on concealed carry, or even open carry for that matter?

And for you Canadian bronies what are your view's on your EXTREMELY strict gun laws over there?

Another thing I did not start this up just to become a flame war pleas try to keep it civilized no matter what views other posters may have.

Edited by buster500
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah, I have mine. I got it because both of my jobs put me in shady situations. My part time job fixing bathtubs has me going all over the city, from the suburbs to the ghetto. It's gotten me out of a couple jams before. My EMT job obviously puts me in situations where a weapon would be helpful. Though my department doesn't allow guns, we can carry a knife. And police or fire/ems with weapons training (I.e. ccw permit) can carry a switchblade in my state. So I carry a knife on duty and a pistol off duty.

• Brohoof 1

I'm too young, so I never leave without a knife(or two.... and maybe a sword...) However, I love packing around with my best friends father (locksmith) especially on the days he brings AR-25 or fifty cal. Normally it's just pistols or small rifles though.

• Brohoof 1

I'm too young, so I never leave without a knife(or two.... and maybe a sword...) However, I love packing around with my best friends father (locksmith) especially on the days he brings AR-25 or fifty cal. Normally it's just pistols or small rifles though.

Excellent! yea I know how it feels to be to young to get a ccw, it kinda sucks. I'm19 and figure if I'm old enough to potentially die for this country I should also be old enough to legally carry a gun.

• Brohoof 1

Oh ya, I see absolutely no reason I'm not old enough to purchase a pistol even.  If I can go out there and shoot at people for the country why can't I even own and practice on my own land. And I feel that any of these weapons should be able to be purchased, not trying to start a debate, with background check.

• Brohoof 1

I actually don't have a concealed weapons permit, but I'm not against guns or anything. In fact, I actually support people to have their own weapons because really from walking around in the crappy parts of Baltimore late at night I can tell you that bad guys are going to have guns regardless if there's any restrictions so yeah. I'd probably go get a concealed weapons permit if I actually cared enough about my own well being but yeah.

to be honest with you there is a pistol of some sort in this house somewhere. I don't know where, though.

• Brohoof 1

I want to get mine when I am old enough (about 8 years) but who knows what will happen then. The age limit then because of the government could be like 30 or some crap. Hopefully not :)

• Brohoof 1

I want to get mine when I am old enough (about 8 years) but who knows what will happen then. The age limit then because of the government could be like 30 or some crap. Hopefully not :)

Ain't that the truth. What the government fails to understand is the criminals don't give a damn what the laws says they will do what they want regardless.

I actually don't have a concealed weapons permit, but I'm not against guns or anything. In fact, I actually support people to have their own weapons because really from walking around in the crappy parts of Baltimore late at night I can tell you that bad guys are going to have guns regardless if there's any restrictions so yeah. I'd probably go get a concealed weapons permit if I actually cared enough about my own well being but yeah.

to be honest with you there is a pistol of some sort in this house somewhere. I don't know where, though.

Yea, I didn't start this topic because I wanted to hate on people with different views I started because I wanted to see everyone opinions. And see how many people here carry, that's basically it.

Oh ya, I see absolutely no reason I'm not old enough to purchase a pistol even.  If I can go out there and shoot at people for the country why can't I even own and practice on my own land. And I feel that any of these weapons should be able to be purchased, not trying to start a debate, with background check.

Yea, And you see why can you buy a long gun at 18 but have to be 21 to buy a handgun from a gun shop. It just doesn't add up. I guess maybe because someone under 21 would conceal their weapon without a permit or something.....STUPID LAWS!!!! :angry:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah-I've had one for a while now, I work in security so it's necessary for that, apparantly New York State considers it important to protect large sums of money, but not your life. You have to basically prove that you work in a field like mine before they'll give you one without a ton of red tape.

I'm originally from England, where you cannot legally own a handgun. This doesn't mean you can't get one, it just means that if you're a law abiding citizen you're easy pickings. Glad I live here.

• Brohoof 1

Concealed carry laws are a state issue. So luckily the Feds can't stick their grubby little fingers in the laws. But that also means the laws are a complete patchwork. Some of those people's republics on the east coast will never let you carry. Some however are shall issue states that will give anyone a permit. Here in Missouri you can take a course online, print off your certificate, pay $100, and 2 days later you're good to go. I took my course in person though, it was the same price and I got to hit the range for a day.

• Brohoof 1

Concealed carry laws are a state issue. So luckily the Feds can't stick their grubby little fingers in the laws. But that also means the laws are a complete patchwork. Some of those people's republics on the east coast will never let you carry. Some however are shall issue states that will give anyone a permit. Here in Missouri you can take a course online, print off your certificate, pay $100, and 2 days later you're good to go. I took my course in person though, it was the same price and I got to hit the range for a day.

Nice man. Yea some states are a real pain in the ass to get a permit, heck in some parts of California it's almost impossible to get a permit, While in places like New Jersey it IS impossible to get a permit.

I just got mine issued to me a few months ago.  I am not a gun nut, nor am I all for guns in general, my husband pushed me to get a concealed carry. I ain't against guns all together (I proudly own a VZ58), I just see then solely as an instrument of death, nothing more. I have had a very difficult childhood, and my husband wants me to be protected.  I don't work at a job where a gun seems to be needed (i work at a small town grocery store, where I am the only employee), but I have it with me because there have been a lot of rural burglaries as of late and you never know.  Just

The gun I carry is a Snake Slayer IV 45 colt deringer.  It has a lot more kick and is just as loud as my husbands SKS, and is a lot more to handle than my VZ58....

• Brohoof 1

I just got mine issued to me a few months ago.  I am not a gun nut, nor am I all for guns in general, my husband pushed me to get a concealed carry. I ain't against guns all together (I proudly own a VZ58), I just see then solely as an instrument of death, nothing more. I have had a very difficult childhood, and my husband wants me to be protected.  I don't work at a job where a gun seems to be needed (i work at a small town grocery store, where I am the only employee), but I have it with me because there have been a lot of rural burglaries as of late and you never know.  Just

The gun I carry is a Snake Slayer IV 45 colt deringer.  It has a lot more kick and is just as loud as my husbands SKS, and is a lot more to handle than my VZ58....

Yea guns CAN defiantly be deadly but they can also stop anything bad from happening with out ever pulling the trigger. What criminal is going to continue an attack if he knows their is a good chance he will get shot and killed?

"So does anypony have a concealed carry permit?"

No, but I definitely want one. That is, I have to wait just a little longer before it becomes legal for me :P

• Brohoof 1

I live in Arizona where it's unrestricted. The only problem for me is actually being able to afford a decent carry pistol and ammo. If I moved out of state I think I would probably get one if I had the time.

Look at the Ruger Hi Points. An EXTREMELY cheap hand gun and they do lack quality but they are very reliable and will eat trough almost any ammunition. Any gun is better than no gun!

• Brohoof 1