Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(Pegasisters) Brony Date

*Not Available*

31 users have voted

1. 1. Would you date a brony if you weren't a pegasister?

• Yes
    • No
    • fuck no...

(edited)

I was having an argument about being a brony and getting a girlfriend, I said that some girls would like to date a brony, so the entire time we were in North Carolina, every woman he saw he asked " would you date a brony?" all of them said no, out of like 10 women, so if you weren't a pegasister would you still date a brony? 

Edited by USMCbrony141

Yeah, depends if they were like.. 'normal' people if you know what I mean, like not overly perverted or mental. 

Side note: WHY DOES EVERYPONY GO TO NC! I'm moving there, and I talked to like 3 other people who are going there/were there recently within like 3 days.

Yeah, depends if they were like.. 'normal' people if you know what I mean, like not overly perverted or mental. 

Side note: WHY DOES EVERYPONY GO TO NC! I'm moving there, and I talked to like 3 other people who are going there/were there recently within like 3 days.

I went there for my cousins USMC infantry graduation, best place on earth, very good memories, and you should move there, its like heaven but with Marines  ;)

I went there for my cousins USMC infantry graduation, best place on earth, very good memories, and you should move there, its like heaven but with Marines  ;)

Heh, yeah I am kinda exited. Nice to hear something good about the place, although it does seem a bit hot for me. 

We're leaving this Saturday, btw.

Heh, yeah I am kinda exited. Nice to hear something good about the place, although it does seem a bit hot for me. 

We're leaving this Saturday, btw.

Lucky, I really wish I could go back with a bunch of friends, they have a beach like 30 min. away from the barracks which was nice, but we never got to go because my dad wanted to bowl, and it was hot as balls! somewhere around 105 that day but it felt like it was 200.  :(  

• Brohoof 1

you should move there

Moving there would require seeing my dad. Hell no.

Being honest with myself, probably not. Unless the brony in question has some other great quality about him, I highly doubt I'd date him.

(edited)

Moving there would require seeing my dad. Hell no.

Being honest with myself, probably not. Unless the brony in question has some other great quality about him, I highly doubt I'd date him.

Me for example, elisting for the Marines, has a job, stays in physical condition, and would treat his girlfriend like a queen every day, is funny, and would take a bullet for her, still no?

Edited by USMCbrony141

Me for example, elisting for the Marines, has a job, stays in physical condition, and would treat his girlfriend like a queen every day, is funny, and would take a bullet for her, still no?

>implying I deserve to be treated like a queen

lolnope

Sure, I would date someone like that. Although I'd probably end up failing at the relationship, just like I always do @_@

>implying I deserve to be treated like a queen

lolnope

Sure, I would date someone like that. Although I'd probably end up failing at the relationship, just like I always do @_@

oh come on, you probably wouldn't fail at it, I'v see people really fail at it, like they just act like complete assholes and just fail. you dont seem like that type of person trust me.

(edited)

I hope you don't mind if I took even hanging out with a guy who likes ponies into consideration.  Since a lot of people don't want to hang out with bronies...  I like a lot of, what other people might call strange, shows myself.  So judging someone else based on watching a show with little pastel-coloured ponies would be a bit hypocritical of me.

Edited by Anishna

(edited)

Yes I would, I don't see the difference between this fandom and any other.

Actually my girlfriend is into mlp, but then again, so am I :P

Not as much though. Shes more of a Whovian and a Potterhead.

Edited by Lolnus

Well my boyfriend is a brony, and I love him a lot, so I would still date him even if I wasn't a pegasister. Though I'm the reason he became a brony so that might be irrelevant.

It's kind of hard to separate myself from being a pegasister, since my enjoyment of the show hinges upon factors that have to do with my taste and personality. Changing those could change my perspective on life. Assuming I just never watched the show for some reason, I'd like to think I wouldn't care. Assuming the brony in question has qualities that attract me to him, it would silly to write him off because he liked a TV show. I might ask him why he liked it, or maybe watch it with him to see what the deal was. 

I don't know, I guess the word brony has a lot of negative connotations associated with it outside the fandom. I wouldn't want to date someone who was unhealthily obsessed with the show or creepy about mlp, but I know that's only a fraction of all bronies and behavior like that has to do with more than just liking a TV show. I'm sure there are non-pegasisters out there that know this too.

Well... It actually depends.

If they are muscular, strong and fit...

Well,of course I will definitely date him...

But, If they are skinny, wimpy...

No thank you !

I actually do not care much if they are a Brony or not...

And besides...

It will make them more lovable and more tolerable.

Well, I am not longer a fan of the show (I never classified myself as a "brony" anyways, as there is a difference between a fan and a "brony".) However, so long as they aren't allowing it to consume their life or forcing me to watch the show with them and whatnot, I'd be fine. I do like my personal space, and having something shoved on me is uncomfortable. No fun if you share the exact interests as your boy/girlfriend anyways.

Does it really come up in conversation that quickly?

I mean, being a brony shouldn't be your most defining or interesting trait.

• Brohoof 3

Well, i'm not a pegasister, i'm a brony, but frankly i don't see the issue if you really love them, because if you really love them i'd think you'd accept them for who they are, and atleast tolerate the show.

I guess someone who wasn't as well informed on bronies may not date them, if they had been fed only the bad about them, but someone who just doesn't like the show, but still knows about the fandom and bronies might be ok with it.

The sterotypes do play a part I guess in people not liking dating bronies. Idk.

I personally wouldn't need a pegasister to date, as long as shes not a hater of the show who won't tolerate it. And I suppose if I really loved someone who was a pegasister i'd be fine dating them. Of course I have to admit that girls watching MLP may be easier to accept then guys watching MLP, idk, just because of the whole feminine thing.

Of course I hated gender sterotypes before being a brony but still.

I'm going off topic kinda though, but I guess a person who hasn't heard about the good in bronies, or has been told only the bad, or has been exposed to the sterotype to much, or who doesn't love you enough dates you and finds out your a brony, it may lead to a breakup.

I think they should tolerate bronies though, even if they themselves dislike the show.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I was having an argument about being a brony and getting a girlfriend, I said that some girls would like to date a brony, so the entire time we were in North Carolina, every woman he saw he asked " would you date a brony?" all of them said no, out of like 10 women, so if you weren't a pegasister would you still date a brony? 

One thing that makes me curious is what these 10 women you asked thought about Bronies in the first place. Would they be those fans who spend 90% of their waking life in their room admiring their mlp toy collection, or the vast majority of the fandom which is relatively normal and just likes MLP in particular compared to most other shows? I have a hunch they were thinking of the former.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

I think when 'brony' is mentioned to people not familiar with the show, this is what they think of.

post-8353-0-38017500-1374566044_thumb.jpg

(Truthfully, I feel bad for this guy because his picture is constantly thrown around in a mocking way. But, I digress.)

I think if someone finds out you're a brony before getting to know you, you're judged prematurely, and labeled 'weird', 'odd', or whatever, in their mind. If they already know and like you before then, however, it's a completely different story.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Unless the said brony is an absolutely maniac about the show, meaning his life revolves around it, and he does nothing else in his free time, I don't see how it'd be relevant whatsoever.

If the said possible romantic partner that happens to be a brony is actually the type that focuses solely on MLP, I probably would not consider it. Any extremist on anything is unappealing to me. Someone fixated on a single thing wouldn't make a good partner, I would think. They'd be too focused on their interests.

Edited by Kirino
  • Brohoof 1

My answer = Yes

Why, Cause i dont give a (...) they are from the same species but gender is different

thats wai its a Yes

Nationality: Dutch / Romanian

I've seen some really awful stuff on the internet of girls asking for "help" because their boyfriends like MLP...I won't repeat anything they said, because it's just too infuriating, and sad.

The problem with asking here is that the forum members have likely already watched the show and understand the fandom. People off the street, however, will more than likely think of old MLP generations and thus assume bronies are insane to like it. Just look at all the articles bashing bronies...nearly all the ones I've seen use previous generation MLP images. Hatred is born from ignorance.

To answer to OP, it depends on the girl. If she's open-minded and nonjudgmental, then rather than condemning it, she might be curious as to why you like it so much and even check it out herself. At the least, she would just shrug and let you enjoy what you like. I don't see why you'd want to date a closed-minded, judgmental girl; those who say without a thought that they don't want to date a brony are likely too superficial to be worth anyone's time.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't date guys, but I can tell you that if I did, I wouldn't see watching My Little Pony as a negative trait. I am tolerant of what others like. Of course if you were way over-the-top about it, it could become an issue. But really, I can't think of anything more ridiculous than not dating somebody because of a show that they watch.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1