Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Cool things you've noticed in games

ReverseFaller

(edited)

Hello there everpony! This thread is to tell others about cool things you've noticed in games. By that, I mean cool things you've noticed about games. It's kinda hard for me to explain. So I'll go first, and demonstrate.

The music for the Celestial tower in Pokemon Black/White/2 sounds exactly the same as the Neon Lights song from Halo 3:ODST. I was playing Black 2 the other day, with the sound on and I was like "Wait! That's Halo 3:ODST music!". So I think they sound the same, which is awesome as I love Neon Lights. 

People also say that the Celestial tower music sounds like a Zelda song. I couldn't really find a good video for Black and White 2's version of the song, which I'm assuming it slightly different as it sounds slower in the game than the video.

They have the same tune in them! I Love it!  :wub:

My second cool thing I found is that in the beginning of Bioshock when you're first entering rapture you see a yellow V above the doorway. Sorry, I have no pics. My point, is that the yellow V looks EXACTLY the same as the yellow V in Civilization V. Civilization V and Bioshock were both made by 2kgames. There is only a few year difference between when these were notices. I just thought it was cool. (I'll try to edit this with pics later)

So, what are some cool things you've noticed in video games. References maybe? Or similarities between several games, like what I noticed? So go ahead everypony, tell us of your awesome video game discoveries!  ^_^

Edited by Karkitty

The Zelda song you're thinking of is Sanctuary Dungeon from A Link to the Past. It's one of my favorite themes from that game, so I certainly recognized the resemblance when I heard that song in Pokemon Black. Personally I think it sounds a lot more similar to this than the Halo 3 song you linked to, but I've never played Halo so that's my first time hearing it.

People have also noted this Chrono Trigger song is very similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJzedahyjXE

• Brohoof 2

If you play against bots on Black Ops 2 some of them are named after the Dev team.

In Borderlands 2, if you look at the monitors in the Headquarters one of them has Facebook open which shows the main characters chatting to eachother and a reference to a relationship going on. Also there is a QR code on a wall, if you scan it you get a message telling you the name of one of the Dev team members.

In the game Game Dev Tycoon, you can hire someone called David Dreben which gives you the achievement 'hire someone famous" which I believe is supposed to be David Draiman of Disturbed.

I know there are many more ice seen but I can't seem to recall them right now :/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In Black Ops 2, there was an Easter Egg that allowed you to play an Atari game inside of Nuketown 2025

In Killing Floor, One of the merchants is Wheatley.

In Team Fortress, a sniper may say "my little chop-chop" while taunting, suggestively referencing My Little Pony.

Edited by Gamer P0N3
  • Brohoof 1

In Fallout New Vegas, if you have the Wild Wasteland perk, Start at Goodsprings and follow the road to Primm. Along the way, before you reach Jean Sky Diving, you will notice a fridge just off the road to the left. Inside is a skeleton and a fedora. It's a reference to Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull.

Play Football Manager. On April 1st, make sure your game date is also April 1st. You will receive an Easter egg message where the game "offers" you $500 million to build your soccer team. When you click ok, they'll say, "April Fools! You didn't expect us to make it THAT easy for you right?"

I was able to notice AND understand a lot of world history because of the Civilopedia from the Civilization series. It taught me many new leaders and civilizations I never heard of before, like Hauyna Capac and Pacal I.