Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hearths warming eve/Celestia and Luna

DarligPegasi

Okay so at the end of Hearth's warming eve, the united tribe put down a flag/banner the land as Equestria and all, and the banner depicted two alicorns, supposedly Luna and Celestia encircling a sun and moon. But in the episode they said that the unicorns raised and lowered the sun and the moon. So when do the Princesses come into this?

I had always assumed that the Princesses had always been their, but in the making of Equestria they weren't present at all!

I think the writers/animators used that symbol just because and may not have understood the implications of using it. If you take HWE as true cannon, meaning it's something the writers all stick to and not just a "holiday episode" we get a few facts. 1. Celestia and Luna were not mentioned, but also can't exist as Princesses because the tribes aren't united. Plus Unicorns do their "job". 2. Friendship brought the tribes together and not the princesses. To me this implies the flag came after the events in HWE and may just be the national flag of Equestria. It be like kids doing a history play of the US and using the modern flag at the end and singing the Star Spangled Banner.

Edited by Nature Spell
  • Brohoof 2

I took it as the people doing the play simply used the wrong flag much like in some films set in the US at a time before 50 states yet they use the modern flag with 50 stars (and 13 stripes is it?). Something Zorro actually got correct :catface:

it's just a simple reused texture/ drawing / thing 

i don't think they could be bothered designing a new flag for the one episode

Exactly, and also kids would get confused if the flag back then didn't have the same flag as it does in the present. Having pictures of your leaders on your flag is pretty weird and something I'd only expect from North Korea. Faces of leaders is reserved for currency. With that thought, would bits have two heads sides? One with Celestia and one with Luna?

• Brohoof 1

Exactly, and also kids would get confused if the flag back then didn't have the same flag as it does in the present. Having pictures of your leaders on your flag is pretty weird and something I'd only expect from North Korea. Faces of leaders is reserved for currency. With that thought, would bits have two heads sides? One with Celestia and one with Luna?

actually that would have been a better question the the original ( no offence OP) 

but i assume that they would have Luna and Celestia on the same side and the ammount of currency on the other 

I think during that part they were just using a current flag. Seeing as the flashback ended.

As for when Celestia and Luna, they came into play after Discords attack. So I guesses after the battle they changed the flags again when they took over.

Well, it IS a play.. Not everything could be accurate in the play. Not normally, anyway. But I think the alicorns come in years after Equestria is founded, and all the ponies worshipped them.. Huh, I don't know.

I guess they were incorrect on how pegasus ponies raise the sun and moon since, only Luna and Celestia are able to do it. It probably, happened when Equestria was founded I don't really know for sure.