Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity's Hair: Purple and pink or just purple

Dolphanatic

Rarity's Hair  

34 users have voted

1. 1. What colors do you think the animators intend Rarity's mane and tail to be?

• Glossy Purple
    • Purple with pink accents

Any reason why so many official toys and vectors portray Rarity with pink accents in her hair? Is this intentional or just a mistake? Perhaps they're trying to emulate the lighter areas of her mane and tail as seen on the show. What are your thoughts?

It's Canon. Her hair is a gradient of purple and a lighter purple/pink which is quite nice. It does look like a lighter shade depending on the image (Whether it be vector or painted etc) But in her mane (not tail) Underneath her curl it's lighter rather than a darker shade of purple, which backs it up and proves it's not just a shade. xD Hope that helps

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Rarity

• Brohoof 2

It's probably just a mistake since Rarity's mane and tail are naturally purple. So, it could be a mistake on the Hasbro's toy company and the people who make the vectors with Rarity having pink accents.

Seems the majority picked choice 1... (darn it, I was hoping choice 2 was the mainstream answer). I can understand where you get the "purple with pink accents". If you look at her mane, there are a few spots where it appears her color is a lighter purple, thus giving you that pink color, but I don't think the writers thought about it too hard, so they just went with purple.

Actually her mane color looks like a very pinkish blue if you ask me.

It's all the same color, it just looks different in different light.

20110730233653!Rarity.jpg

See the parts on top, where presumably the light is directly hitting it, are a different shade of purple than the bottom.

The toys just don't express that well.

• Brohoof 2

I also had problem with her mane color when I started to draw her in color.
While most sources and artworks presents her mane in a little dull/faded purple with pink accents, then in some videos (episodes on YT) the colors seems to be more saturated and her mane are more bright or bluish.

Pfff... such an easy question. Everybody knows the color of Rarity's mane. Her mane, obviously, is rather extremely easy to identify...

it is...

album_cover_wallpaper_1024.jpg

Deep Purple.

2740760-1735968_csi_miami_yeah_super.jpg

PS: Boy, what was I thinking when I wrote this post...

• Brohoof 1

Like what others have already explained on here, I'm pretty sure her mane is a blend of purple and slightly different lighter purple/pinkish hues of color. 

Nonetheless, it looks nice on her. :)

Edited by Sanderspie

• 2 years later...