mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

Truthfully, the reason I chose this pic of Luna is because every other one I tried was too large to be accepted DX

But this pic is in my Luna library for a reason.

post-27079-0-23514300-1403929895_thumb.png

♪If I could find you now, things would get better, We could leave this town and run forever, I know somewhere, somehow we'll be together, Let your waves crash down on me and take me away♪ ~Yellowcard

Bangarang, Peter Pan. May you find Neverland. Thank you for teaching me how to fly. ~???

(RIP Robin Williams)

(edited)

This is my avatar for "Non-Pony ID Day". It's a Metroid board so I needed something related to the series. Not only that, I had a dark and dehumanizing way of thinking back them so I needed something more... dead. This fit the bill quite nicely. It's the avatar I started with over there and haven't changed it since in the almost three years I've been there. That's not counting that experiment I did where I donned a pony avatar over there for about a week. It was a resized and cropped pic of this one. It didn't turn out as obstructive or obnoxious as I thought it would but in the end, donning a pony avatar over there wasn't what I really wanted to begin with so I changed it back.

P.S. the forums site has a dark background. It looks kinda... odd... here on a white background.

Truthfully, the reason I chose this pic of Luna is because every other one I tried was too large to be accepted DX

You know, you could just resize and/or crop pictures. There's actually a site especially made for that among other things. Here you go.

http://picresize.com/

Edited by Remnants
  • Brohoof 1

When I first joined this forum, I decided to draw a ponified self-portrait and upload it as my profile pic. I did that because not only I wanted to showcase my art, but also my ponified self as well. I have always been curious of what I would be like if I was a pony. Anyway, here's the ponified self-portrait up close. 

post-27780-0-10860600-1403852607_thumb.jpg

(edited)

You may not want to know why I got this one. You would probably be in trouble. :P

Edited by TheDarkMysteryMan
  • Brohoof 2

post-6246-0-66236200-1409002127.png

Signature created by: Gone Airborne

Imagine if you will being on your death bed – And standing around your bed – the ghosts of the ideas, the dreams, the abilities, the talents given to you by life.

And that you for whatever reason, you never acted on those ideas, you never pursued that dream, you never used those talents, we never saw your leadership, you never used your voice, you never wrote that book.

And there they are standing around your bed looking at you with large angry eyes saying "We came to you, and only you could have given us life! But now. We must die with you FOREVER!

The question is – if you die today, what ideas, what dreams, what abilities, what talents, what gifts, would die with you?

<-- This is my expression right now. Yes right now.

I don't care when you're reading this. I don't care if it's 80 years from when this post has been made. I'll probably be dead, and something somewhere will probably still be really awesome.

• Brohoof 3

I keep changing avatars, because sticking with one is boring. This one because Doctor Who. :P

• Brohoof 1

M1chahL.gif

Why? Well, I do believe the better question is; why wouldn't I choose this? I mean come on! It's Kuroneko! Being adorable! :wub: Not to mention, it's been a while since I've used a .gif as my avatar.

I did have to edit it a bit for file size and to make the transition a bit smoother though, just for the record. ;)

84jdcweaze4.png
3rd Eye | To suffer hate in search of love, or lose them both forever? 🎔 ~

I like Luna, I like sleeping, and I love how ILoserLife draws his stuff, so there it goes :P

I would use pics of my OCs, but I don't have a working credit card to get a commission :/

k3v45pe.jpg?1

(edited)

I just think this nyan cat Dashie gif is really cute and awesome. I could watch it forever. :)

I kind of feel like changimg mine though...probably non mlp related just to be different. :P

Edited by Swoony
  • Brohoof 2

madoka-kyouko-12.jpg

I used this avatar because Kyoko.

post-8308-0-23356900-1390949572.png

Sig made by Kyoshi.

Cool things people have said about me:

Never heard of him but I guess just you mentioning him is a good reason not to go anywhere near that name.

(In reference to an author I suggested.)