Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Luna refer to herself as "we"?

Games4me

Eugh, i'm not a fan of the majestic plural. Our queen still uses it on occasion when addressing the public, and it feels so outdated. Heck, even the Pope's stopped using it. Makes me wonder why Australia's still a monarchy...

Anyways, 1000 years of isolation is a pretty reasonable excuse to speak in nosism. At least she doesn't speak in the third person like some ponies...

Edited by Swoop
  • Brohoof 1

Well, give kids some credit. They're actually a lot smarter than society today generally allows them to be. Many years ago, when I was just a wee lad, my very conservative parents helped me in learning to read by having me read verses from the King James Bible. Regardless of anything else, that did have the effect of building a wider vocabulary for me at an early age, and by the time I was in middle school I could converse with adults on an intelligent level.

Now, I'm not advocating shoving a 400 year old Bible in kids' faces and making them learn to read with it. Heh. :o But I do firmly believe that children have far more potential for learning than we today tend to give them credit for. I think kids could easily understand concepts such as the Royal We, or Celestia's hierarchy and many other things, if we gave them the chance. Children should be encouraged to learn, rather than have everything dummed down for them. ^_^

• Brohoof 3

carrot juice....keeps you young.....forever

You're not going to turn me into a bunny! No way, I ain't going anywhere near their carrot products. You don't know the horros that go on inside those secret bunny carrot factories. The mind control chemicals they put into the juice... just no. :unsure:

• Brohoof 2

You're not going to turn me into a bunny! No way, I ain't going anywhere near their carrot products. You don't know the horros that go on inside those secret bunny carrot factories. The mind control chemicals they put into the juice... just no. :unsure:

Fine, then eat this apple my pretty
  • Brohoof 1

Well, give kids some credit. They're actually a lot smarter than society today generally allows them to be. Many years ago, when I was just a wee lad, my very conservative parents helped me in learning to read by having me read verses from the King James Bible. Regardless of anything else, that did have the effect of building a wider vocabulary for me at an early age, and by the time I was in middle school I could converse with adults on an intelligent level.

Now, I'm not advocating shoving a 400 year old Bible in kids' faces and making them learn to read with it. Heh. :o But I do firmly believe that children have far more potential for learning than we today tend to give them credit for. I think kids could easily understand concepts such as the Royal We, or Celestia's hierarchy and many other things, if we gave them the chance. Children should be encouraged to learn, rather than have everything dummed down for them. ^_^

I learned to read as 3 years old after asking for about the duration of half a year from my mom what the signs in the store windows meant. The moment she caught me reading an encyclopedia on my own as 3 years old she actually had to call grand mom and grandpa to share the moment :P I've always been a fast learner and self-educate myself effectively even these days. It is so hard to resist the call of knowledge as the sense of discovery is so addictive. Perhaps this is why I always loved My little pony even from a young child, among many other unusual topics. I saw the pontential in them

Also this kind of childhood has given me respect for the children, as they can easily possess similar mental faculties if they just are allowed to grow and be curious.

I was not brought up with bibles though but science. I had telescopes (of which one I took apart just to see how it works XD) chemistry sets, little science kits with all kinds of science tests to do and tons of Lego sets. Needless to say I didn't connect too well with the other kids and ended up mostly spending time with books, science, and occasionally comics which actually got me interested in art.

Most other children that I saw were told to go out to play or just ignored when they inquired about the world around them. when I asked about something from my mom, she gave me her best explanation and soon after bought be a book on the topic or helped me to find out the explanation from a book with me. So much of peoples behaviour is dictated by their parents that despite my mom being busy with work as a single mother a lot of the time, I am glad she was such a good mother as to put so much effort also in the caring for my mental need for guidance, not only food and clothes.

Her love for nature and biology also has made me pretty skilled at all things biology, evolution, biochemistry and biotechnological research which I almost specialized into until I realized that art provides me much more freedom and went into art school,, then art college and begun my life as comic artist. Most time for other interests and better long term incomes than in science. :o

But this all would be a ramble if I didn't tie it in so here we go: Children should be challenged with complicated concepts, deep characters and difficult topics early in their life so that they would learn to have an open mind and develop a thirst for knowledge, only to help them to understand the true value of human kindness, the one communal spirit that unites all nations in curiosity and drives international science teams to explore our reality hand in hand.

• Brohoof 3

Oh stallion, another giant post, how do these things happen?

It happens because your brilliant mind gets so caught up in the idea of explaining your thoughts to somepony that you forget how much you are really writing. And after you show all your ideas they appear in a miraculous cloud and brick of text that is your thoughts.

I really wish I could think as well as you, maybe instead of wishing I look at what I am good at...

I need to figure out my cutie mark, I've been thinking, I think it's being a paper editor since I can't spout my ideas in a comprehensive idea but I can fix other ponies's writings and help their thoughts. Sorry I'm not on topic, just thinking.

Edited by LiquidLove

It happens because your brilliant mind gets so caught up in the idea of explaining your thoughts to somepony that you forget how much you are really writing. And after you show all your ideas they appear in a miraculous cloud and brick of text that is your thoughts.

I really wish I could think as well as you, maybe instead of wishing I look at what I am good at...

I need to figure out my cutie mark, I've been thinking, I think it's being a paper editor since I can't spout my ideas in a comprehensive idea but I can fix other ponies's writings and help their thoughts. Sorry I'm not on topic, just thinking.

I don't know if I think "well" per say, I just think a lot of things very fast :blink: What comes to finding yourself, no passion is too small or too grand, as long as you go at it with the intention to master it it can be the most important thing in your life. Also other things like Jungian psychology might help you to pinpoint your strengths and find your focus through what you enjoy doing as much as what you are naturally inclined to do.

If you haven't yet read Jung I suggest to find a few books on cognitive functions and good start might be also release called Psychological types, which is easy and light read of 53 pages (give or take a foreword if one is included)

• Brohoof 1