Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

National Novel Writing Month 2013

Standard User

Tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock...

Can't seem to move. Tasks are piling up, pulling me every which way, and I can't seem to move. The story! I don't know the story yet! I have all these little bits and pieces and I haven't sat down to put them together. I can't  do that yet. Too much to do. Need to clear my schedule. November is almost here. Novemeber is ALMOAST HERE

Tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock

JajajajajaJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJajajajaja

• Brohoof 1

I managed to talk my editor-pal into joining the event this year! Apparently stalking this thread for a little bit convinced him to give it a shot. 

Now we just need to convince him to get an account...

• Brohoof 1

I've been wanting to write but have been procrastinating. I want to participate in this and see if I can hit the goal. I hate my job right now so it'll be easy to call off now and then throughout November. I have a few ideas that have yet to be outlined so we'll see how this goes. Goodbye GTA5, I need to be more productive.

Signed up. Nervous, anxious, scared, excited. At least I'll be doing this in the comfort of my room.

Edited by Geminii
  • Brohoof 1

I too am feeling a mix of fright and excitement, so it's fitting that the novel I'm writing is in the Adventure genre. Hopefully my feelings will transfer over to the characters.

Though, chances are, I'll lose all confidence in myself halfway through the challenge and my novel will transform into some metafictional treatise on the nature of escapism, or something. Hard to predict.

(Just bumping thread so Jack can remember to add Geminii to the list)

(Just bumping thread so Jack can remember to add Geminii to the list)

Shame on me for depending on my mobile device to let me know when people post here...ugh. Geminii, you're on the list! Once I finish this post, of course.

So did anyone else make an account on NaNoWriMo.org? If so, what is your username? Apparently they have these "Writing Buddies" and my list is embarrassingly bare.

Registered about a week or two ago, in hopes of picking up a hobby other than watching anime all the time. Didn't know you guys set up a thread here for it.

I'd like to hit my first personal goal of 10000, to see if I'm capable. Once I do, I'll continue until I hit 50k.

Edited by NeverNeverland
  • Brohoof 1

Just set up an account on the website myself, going under the same alias there that I do here, that being 00Pony, of course. (the avatar margins there are killing me D: )

Two days left, and just yesterday people gave me a new project which kind I've never tried before. I guess I will lose my first week of the month. Oh thank you, Lord Inglip!

Cant it be national novel typing month so that we can all share the novels that we create instead of having to publish them and send them to other people.

wat?

Two days. Two days.

Registered about a week or two ago, in hopes of picking up a hobby other than watching anime all the time. Didn't know you guys set up a thread here for it.

New hobby, huh? Is this your first time writing?

Just set up an account on the website myself, going under the same alias there that I do here, that being 00Pony, of course. (the avatar margins there are killing me D: )

The link might need fixing. I tried it, and it told me the page could not be found. 

Cant it be national novel typing month so that we can all share the novels that we create instead of having to publish them and send them to other people.

We're not really writing to publish, or even to produce a complete work. The aim is just to write 50,000 words. After that you can do whatever you want. smile.png

The link might need fixing. I tried it, and it told me the page could not be found

Hmm. Yeah, didn't think about that. I accidentally linked it to my profile set up page, rather than the actual profile, heh. Here, this link should be proper. 

New hobby, huh? Is this your first time writing?

Writing in general? Nah, I've done some small stuff when I was younger (which shall never be brought up again, eugh...). In NaNoWriMo? Yes. I've heard of the contest before when I was in high school, but never really participated because of lack of interest and confidence. Now I feel a bit more secure to actually try.

Edited by NeverNeverland

Hmm. Yeah, didn't think about that. I accidentally linked it to my profile set up page, rather than the actual profile, heh. Here, this link should be proper. 

Aye, it's working now. Mind if I add?

Writing in general? Nah, I've done some small stuff when I was younger (which shall never be brought up again, eugh...). In NaNoWriMo? Nope. I've heard of the contest before when I was in high school, but never really participated because of lack of interest and confidence. Now I feel a bit more secure to actually try.

I relate all too well to the sentiment in bold, except the small stuff I did when younger wasn't that long ago. Try two years. wink.png

• Brohoof 1

@,

By all means, go right ahead and add me. Part of the reason I made the account and shared it here was so that you guys could add me if you so pleased. 

• Brohoof 1

I think this is my year to finally take part in this. In the past I've only written short stories for school so this will definitely be a challenge, but I'm definitely going for 50,000 words.

• Brohoof 1

Friend of mine shared this on her Facebook. Thought that I might throw it up here as well..

nanowrimo__bring_it_on_by_mephonix-d6s54

Funny scene from a movie of my younger years. And it pretty accurately describes how I feel going into this.

Edited by 00Pony
  • Brohoof 2

Best part about this is the sense of community. There's something so comforting about knowing you're not alone when you're completely losing every last vestige of your sanity. It just warms my heart.

• Brohoof 2

I'm at about T-minus eight hours before I enter caffeine mode. How is everyone gearing up for the big month ahead?

Also, make sure to look up NaNoWriMo on Twitter, Facebook, etc. I know on Twitter they have famous authors take over the @NaNoWriMo account and talk to users!

• Brohoof 3

@,

I am gearing up by going into denial. I'm kind of glad that tomorrow is the beginning of the weekend, because then I can just binge on writing. As for actually gearing up.. Mainly just brainstorming how I'm going to start, and where I'm going to take things, and how they'll pan out. Daunting, but doable... I hope 

• Brohoof 2

@, through absolute inattentiveness, though I really am a bit excited now that I think about it.

I've got some things planned out, but with combining exams and other stuff I may be a little late REALLY getting into motion. Plus, I still can't tell whether 50000 words is chump change or murder...

On a separate note for you guys, do you plan on going to any of the NaNo stuff set up by your community?

• Brohoof 1

NaNo has already started in several parts of the world. Hundreds of writers have already begun the descent. Let us have a moment of silence for those brave souls...

*hangs head*

Anyway, I'm gearing up by doing last minute outlining and occasionally distracting myself by updating my NaNo profile. 

Tomorrow I'm going to be spending most of my day out, going to prospective employers and dropping off resumes. But I'm taking my notebook and pen with me. I'll just find some coffee shop I've never been to, sit down with an overpriced latte and scribble away. The change of scenery may even be a boon to my creativity.

On a separate note for you guys, do you plan on going to any of the NaNo stuff set up by your community?

I haven't been keeping track of those myself, but I'd like to.

Edited by Rudy Redlin

Just realized that I haven't done any real planning of my own yet. laugh.png  Oh well. The next few weeks are going to be freaking fun. I will make them be fun. How is everyone doing? Got a word count yet?