Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Adventure RP

Linguz

A generic name, for a generic RP. This is first to see how many people would be interested.

Here are details:

> All things are subject to change.

> The world would be made as I dictate the scenario and the like.

> I would not have a character, as I would be in control of any event and NPCs.

> Money... I'll have to think of a system for it.

> Items... I'll have to make them as I go.

> It would be set in medieval times, so weapons would be like the lance and bow and the like.

> I'd have to make talents and traits and skills and whatnot and classes that allow some ability to alter. There might not be classes and you simply choose talents and traits as you see fit. Or this might be completely thrown out.

> That means you would have some limit to your character and get stat points as well.

> When moving around, I will make a post only after at least half the people have gone and thirty or so minutes have gone.

> When not moving around, I might force the plot along if you're taking too long. Of course, I also might not. It depends on how long, how important the interactions going on are, and the like.

> This would be heavily player based, as I would have no set character.

> Arriving at new towns will require me making important locations that are likely to be visited ahead of time, which some may or may not be gone to, and the layout of the town.

> In dungeons and the like, I will probably be making maps and revealing them as you walk through the dungeon.

> Any questions, comments, concerns, requests, or anything else of the sort, PM me or ask me here.

Edited by Linguz

That reminds me, it will probably be humanoids. So instead of earth pony, pegasus, and unicorn... there would be humans, winged humans, and mages. Same deal as the ponies, except you have fingers to grab items with. Maybe no winged humans.

Edited by Linguz

Hmm... that would change things, at least for me. Is it really necessary? Or just for the fingers? I believe that even without fingers one can Roleplay pretty much everything. It even adds the little twist where you have to use your imagination on how you manage certain situations where hooves don't cut it.

So be it. I'll do it as ponies. The main problem for me is the visual image of a sword in a pony's mouth being swung around... just doesn't make sense as to how one would cut with it. For the characters, you'd submit a pony and use the same one as a human.

Other than that, can you explain any problem you have with using humans?

It's just a personal reason, I don't see the point in 'Roleplaying' a human. If I want to imagine something I have my, well, imagination. Not the same for ponies.

Addressing the sword thing you mentioned, maybe they don't even have to have a physical contact with the objects. They could use "bound swords" (mages) as well as using their magical powers to use the sword telekinetically (unicorns). As for pegasi, the "swords" (or in this case, blades) could be attatched to their wings as armor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...