• Pegasus
  2. 2. Your favorite pony of the 6

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
  3. 3. What type of Brony are you? (multi-choose)

• Artist
    • Gamer
    • Musican
    • Hipster
    • Moderate (you hate, but now you like)
    • O.G. (you watched from 1st Gen onwardes)
    • Other

Hello and welcome to my miniature survey.

I came up with a slight idea about most of the mlp community. However, I think that most of you may have noticed this. I made this post just to confirm my thoughts, and confirm the others around. (should they think the same thing I did.)

Now, you must answer the question with honesty. I'm looking at you generic troll. XD

Any who, please cast your votes, and I will see if what I think is true. I too will be honest biggrin.png

Edit: I will check back in about 3-4 days

Edit 2: If you are a writer, Please select other and post a comment on the forum so I can note you. Sorry about the mishap. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Result of Poll

Thoughts:

During the beginning of the Survey I was quite surprised about the results of the poll. During the beginning, Earth ponies were number one, Twilight was best pony and well, gamers still reigned supreme. I think that the Moderate trait should be nulled due to my mistake and I should give the percentage of writers from the poll for excluding such an important part of the fandom. 

Thank you all for casting a vote.

Hypothesis:

I Thought Unicorns would be most popular type of pony, Rainbow-dash would be the most favoured pony and that most of the community would be gamers followed up by artist and then musicians. and that most of them would be moderates (But i called them moderns, cause i'm silly tongue.png)

Poll Results:

112 members voted

Race:

Earth Ponies - 15.18%

Unicorns - 43.75%

Pegasus - 41.07%

Favourite of the 6:

Twilight Sparkle - 14.29%

Applejack - 15.18%

Pinkie Pie - 13.39%

Rainbow Dash - 23.21%

Rarity - 15.18%

Fluttershy - 18.75%

Types of Bronies:

Artist - 17.96%

Gamer - 32.04%

Musician - 12.14%

Writers (invalid) - 8.88%

Hipsters - 2.91%

Moderates (invalid) - 11.17%

O.G. - 2.91%

Other - 17.47%

Conclusion:

The Unicorns are the favoured race of ponies, Rainbow has is the most favored pony, and most of the community are gamers within the poll.

Last Thoughts:

Like I said, I was surprised during the beginning of the poll. I was almost certain that Rainbow Dash would have been selected or would be in the lead. However, she soon pulled through. As for the favoured race, I could tell that unicorns ould be on top. Merely because from all of the OCs i've seen and saw within the Roleplaying fourms, I'm guilty of liking and making a unicorn OC. I'm afraid that the brony traits will need a redo with more options. I've missed out a bunch of brony types and i'm sorry if I missed you. I'll be sure to add you next time smile.png

Thank you all for voting, Until next time!

Twilight-Sparkle-smiling-my-little-pony-

Edited by Frozen Rose
  • Brohoof 2

For the first question, I choose...wait a minute. Just those three? Screw that, I'm bending the rules. I choose Changeling. Those three are fine and all, but I stick with my favorite. :)

My favorite pony of the main six is Twilight Sparkle. When I first saw the show, she instantly became my favorite out of the six. Cute, charming, smart, and loves reading. All of those traits combined make her very lovely. :wub:

For the last question, I am a gamer. I grew up as one. Playing games ever since I was two. It's my favorite hobby and something I will never stop doing. Gamer for life. :yay:

I don't have a favorite pony.. (sadly) :okiedokielokie:

I checked it becouse of the irony. :muffins: (come on a guy supposed to play battlefield 3 all day, looking at colorful ponies all day and all night)

Favorite race is obvious. 

i chose other on what type of brony i am. i see myself as a festival-junky. (is that even a thing?)

anyway, i tend to go to every festival i can. last one was in almere in the netherlands. roughly 100Km from where i live.

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 1

Out of curiosity, when you list 'Artist' does this also include 'Writer'? Not that I consider myself either, I'm just wondering.

I chose 'Other' due to my worldbuilding stuff I do, which isn't really artistic in my opinion. If anything it's closer to the analysis stuff of Digibrony and BronyCurious, but only vaguely.

Out of curiosity, when you list 'Artist' does this also include 'Writer'? Not that I consider myself either, I'm just wondering.

I chose 'Other' due to my worldbuilding stuff I do, which isn't really artistic in my opinion. If anything it's closer to the analysis stuff of Digibrony and BronyCurious, but only vaguely.

Opps, sorry about that. just go in other. Please forgive that mishap, i'll be sure to remember writers next time. I'll have to manually note you in the poll

Favorite pony race: unicorn

Favorite mane 6: I voted Applejack though it is a bit of a toss up between her and Twilight.

Type of brony: musician/modern/other(writer)

Favourite race: unicorn

Favourite mane 6: Flutters

Type: musician (a bad one at that)/gamer/other

well thats it not much to say...

Second question is just mean. D: I can never really choose between Flutteryshy and Twilot Spikle.

I went for Artist, even though I only do fan art every now and again, and Other, because I enjoy just watching the show, collecting merch, reading fanfics, and doing a bit of cosplay.  

I have no idea what "Modern" means, though.

Edited by Hansel

Unicorn, Applejack, and modern. Although I don't exactly know what you mean by "modern". I only chose it because I'm not really any of the others and I assumed it meant "just a casual brony".

Second question is just mean. D: I can never really choose between Flutteryshy and Twilot Spikle.

I went for Artist, even though I only do fan art every now and again, and Other, because I enjoy just watching the show, collecting merch, reading fanfics, and doing a bit of cosplay.  

I have no idea what "Modern" means, though.

sorry, i should of added an explanation to that. Basically you were part of the 'mainstream' of society and thought of the pony fandom was garbage, but through curiosity you found yourself as a brony. (basically everyone I guess)

Opps, sorry about that. just go in other. Please forgive that mishap, i'll be sure to remember writers next time. I'll have to manually note you in the poll

Oh, no problem. :)

If you can edit the text of the poll, I think you mean 'Moderate' rather than 'Modern', as that's the term used in that documentary. But honestly, I wasn't too clear on what that exactly meant even then. It seemed to be a catch-all for anyone not a Hipster or a Creative, and didn't have much meaning in and of itself. :)

Good luck on the poll.

• Brohoof 1

Welp...

Favorite race: Unicorn

Favorite Mane 6 pony: First, I was going to choose Twilight because... Well, everybody loves Twilight! :D She's just instantly likable, I guess. But anyways, then I decided to choose Applejack because she seems to be the most level-headed of them; I'd say she's best pony, but not necessarily my favorite pony. I ended up voting for Rarity. She's just so fun to watch. Her over-the-top drama-queenery is always fun to see, and Tabitha St. Germain does a wonderful job with her voice.

Whew! Alright, after that... Type of Brony I am: Gamer and Musician are what I chose. While I've only had my own Video Game console for a couple years now, I've always had a fascination with video games (who doesn't? :P). As for the musician part... Eh... xD I do make some music, but not very often, and when I do, it's kinda meh. :P I do hope to someday make a super epic song. :3

sorry, i should of added an explanation to that. Basically you were part of the 'mainstream' of society and thought of the pony fandom was garbage, but through curiosity you found yourself as a brony. (basically everyone I guess)

Ah, right.

Well, I was looking forward to the show before it actually came out, so that's probably not me.   :P

Lauren Faust? Rob Renzetti? Pretty promo art?  Dy4NS.png

Although I didn't really like the first couple of episodes and gave up on it for quite a while.

Edited by Hansel

I went with unicorn for favorite race, because I find magic to be very interesting.  It is a bit overpowered compared to the other races though...

Fluttershy has always been my favorite of the Mane 6, mostly because I think that she's adorable and I can relate to her shyness.

As for what type of brony, I went with moderate/gamer.  I wouldn't say that I hated MLP beforehand, it's more that I avoided it and then was confused when it became popular.  Curiosity eventually got the better of me...  I'm also somewhat of a gamer.

my favorite race is the unicorn because they have the magic and stuff.

favorite mane 6 is fluttershy because she is so adorable and epic.

uh...idk what you meant by moderate because your description was weird for me, but i'd say i'm simply a fan. i don't have the talent to contribute anything, but i support the show and the fandom.

Thanks for the explanation, but these are often referred to as "moderates".

Also, "thought the pony fandom was garbage"? That's quite an... odd way to put it. It did make me scratch my head wondering what all the fuss was about, but I didn't find it garbage. May I suggest rewording "you hate, but now you like" to something like "joined through curiosity" or something?

Edited by Mars Brownie

Favorite pony race: unicorn

Favorite pony of the 6: Rarity

Brony type: Moderate(in more ways than one, hehe)/Artist kinda/Gamer(well I do play the MLP app game)/Other(merch buyer I guess?)

I'd say musician too but I haven't finished any songs lol. :derp:

favorite pony race: Alicorn, but since i can't chose that i went with pegasus, i love flight despite a deep hatred for planes.

favorite main six: Rarity

brony type: Moderate,other, artist.

What happened to Rainbow "bestpone" Dash?

Seriously, I found her to be awesome since I first got into the show, and I think S3E7 gave her more depth. She's an incredibly loyal daredevil with a need for speed, but she is also very responsible.

Edited by Rcforme

HEY THERE!

Favourite Race - Unicorns

Favourite Mane Six - Applejack

Favourite Pony - Derpy (Used to be a Derpy hate :/)

I put myself down as a musician because I love to sing and play piano and ukulele and I can play drums too! I'm planning on getting an electric drum kit and a new digital piano and starting to do some proper recording of show songs, covers of other brony wrote songs and maybe some originals (:

Favorite Race: Pegasus

Although Unicorn Magic is much more appealing to me since not all of them are as talented as Twilight I must go with the race of my favorite pony :D. I always wanted to be able to fly anyway, it must be awesome to have wings.

My favorite of the mane six is Rainbow Dash. In a lot of ways she is like me very competitive but also loyal to friends. NO I DON'T HAVE A CRUSH ON HER 

Since I spend most of my free time playing video games or table top games I am pretty sure I fall into the gamer category :D. Not much more to say on that regard. 

1. Earth Pony

2. APPLEJACK!!!!!

3. Gamer (Mostly Black Ops 2 atm)  and Other because I love to write!  From poetry to short stories to scripts.  And even a new found favourite.  RPing.  I never RPed until 3 months ago, and I absolutely love it!  It goes along with my Acting background and is so much fun!