Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Habits!

Barz

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an odd habit of mine, its not that big of deal and I never noticed it until it dawned on me me when I did it.

When ever I get a coffee/fountain drink and grab the lids... I never grab the top one, I always gotta dig down several layers to take one.

I realize its like whoop-de-shit... but its just something I hadn't thought of before

1. Going to the bathroom as soon as I wake up

2. Leaving things on my floor (mostly because there's no where else to put them

3. Going on the computer after I go to the bathroom when I wake up

I can't really think of anymore >a<

• 7 months later...

Beaten habits

-chewing erasers off of pencils

-nail biting

-pulling at my eyelashes

Habits I'm trying to beat

-chewing on pens

-tongue thrust (currently have tongue thrust spikes on the back of my bottom front teeth. They stab my tongue every single time I swallow incorrectly :( )

-licking my lips, they start to bleed from drying out

• Brohoof 2

Beaten habits:

-Chewing pencils,pens,whatever...

-Play with my hair when I have it long

-Throw paper to my teacher(lel)

Habits i'm trying to beat :

-Eating my fingernails when I'm nervous

-Look everywhere when i'm talking with someone alone

-Licking my lips.

meh,i'm doing it alright as far as I know

• Brohoof 3

I used to pull my eyelashes too, but I don't think it was habit.

Not beaten:

- playing with my hair

-Chewing my hair

-sniff my fingers every 2 minutes

- sniffing my hair

-tear little parts off from any paper i got then i make these little balls from them and throw them somewhere

Edited by ooBrony
  • Brohoof 2

-my little pony friendship is magic

Sir, this is impossible.

I'm afraid you cannot beat mlp. It is far too powerful. The cute little candy colored fluffs of kawaiiness are much too strong to conquer. :nom:

• Brohoof 2

The main habit I want to annihilate is this: Comparing myself to others. Thanks to my inferiority complex of inferiority, I often compare myself to others and then I proceed to doubt everything I do and even just my life. I am trying to not do that though and just accept myself and be happy. It is a troubling issue.

That is really my biggest problem above all else.

• Brohoof 4

The main habit I want to annihilate is this: Comparing myself to others. Thanks to my inferiority complex of inferiority, I often compare myself to others and then I proceed to doubt everything I do and even just my life. I am trying to not do that though and just accept myself and be happy. It is a troubling issue.

I feel you.

Forreal. I have that problem too as well. I envy so many people and it makes me feel awful since I compare myself with them. I have major social anxiety and the comparing issue. It can make life really difficult when a part of myself feel completely useless, like my life is a waste.

I try to be grateful for who I am and what I'm great at, but it's hard to see the good in myself when I see other people who are better looking or have amazing talents or whatever else.

Edited by Cupcakes14
  • Brohoof 3

I feel you.

Forreal. I have that problem too as well. I envy so many people and it makes me feel awful since I compare myself with them. I have major social anxiety and the comparing issue. It can make life really difficult when a part of myself feel completely useless, like my life is a waste.

I try to be grateful for who I am and what I'm great at, but it's hard to see the good in myself when I see other people who are better looking or have amazing talents or whatever else.

Yup, this describes me perfectly. I always feel like I need to have some kind of bigger purpose or special talent or something when I see others that are great and it makes me feel vastly inferior, thoughts bombard my head. It makes it hard to enjoy things at times and it makes me hate all that I do, like my sigs and stuff. It is all really weird. It is something I hope getting a new medication will help with. I just want to enjoy my life for what it is.

Beaten habits/bad traits:

Picking at my face/lips

Fear of most irrational things

Agoraphobia (fear of leaving my house)

Anxiety attacks in crowds

Habits I would like to break:

Drinking soda

Licking my back teeth (I make a weird face when I do it)

Being lazy

Yup, this describes me perfectly. I always feel like I need to have some kind of bigger purpose or special talent or something when I see others that are great and it makes me feel vastly inferior, thoughts bombard my head. It makes it hard to enjoy things at times and it makes me hate all that I do, like my sigs and stuff. It is all really weird. It is something I hope getting a new medication will help with. I just want to enjoy my life for what it is.

I've struggled with it for years. Prett much since 6th grade, now being a senior in high school. I'm just now trying to get in to see a psychiatrist for it. Just so I can get help conquering it. I've seen a doctor before and he basically told me to get over it and stop comparing. But it's not as easy as people think.

Which is why I'm hoping this psychiatrist will actually help me. Even if I don't get meds to help with the anxiety, I'll be happy if I see any sort of improvement at this point.

Have beaten:

-Excessive blinking

-Excessive throat clearing

-Nail biting

Still have to beat:

-Dermatophagia

-Shaving off layers of dead skin with a razor

-Picking at wounds

-Incessant worrying

-Other anxiety disorder-related habits

• Playing with my hair (Only when it's longer)
  • Trichotilomania
  • Nail-biting
  • Fixing my glasses

Yeah, I have this problem as well.