Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Who Would You Have Brought Back?

Unified Draft

Have you ever listened to a band you really liked, and then you realize, "wait that singer isn't around anymore." What singer would you have brought back from the dead? For me probably Freddie Mercury. (no surprise there).... post-7528-0-70711800-1381721931_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Definitely, without question or doubt, Johnny Cash.

That man is the only 'country' singer I listen to more than one song by, and is one of the reasons, alongside MLP, that I want to start singing. I find his life story rather inspiring for my own personal reasons, and he was just a great man after he got his life turned back around. I am saddened to say I was only seven when he passed away, and I had not discovered a love for his music until only a year or so ago. But he's still the one I'd want to bring back if I could.

I sincerely hope that they have a pony who's appearance is a reference to him in season 4. While I know the chances of such a thing are slim, it'd still be a really great homage to a wonderful human being. Part of me wants him to be related to the Apples, perhaps the grandfather? OK, now I'm just rambling.

Bon+Scott++1977.jpg

Look, AC/DC has clearly done well with Brian Johnson, and the guy is pretty alright; I like him. But in my opinion, he can't even hold a candle to the driving, forceful and charismatic man Bon Scott was. Even over 30 years after his death, the band changed the instant it happened, and has never even come close to recapturing the energy and passion it had with him as the frontman.

R.I.P, Bon; you're still sorely missed.

• Brohoof 4

i would bring back the GOD of rock music 

the one and only FREDDY MERCURY 

Freddie-Mercury.jpg

he is probably one of the most influential singers of all time and my personal favorite singer, and to see Queen at concert would be FUCKIN' AMAZING 

My  second choices  would probably be either Bon Scott from AC/DC or Tupac shakur  

Edited by HunterScars
  • Brohoof 6

I would bring back Tupac Shakur and Freddie Mercury, since those two icons alone defined their own genres in their respective eras. Bob Marley, Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson, and the guy from the Beatles should be brought back since all four of them are very talented artists it's very sad that they died.

• Brohoof 1

Freddie Mercury, no question. And after that I'd want Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper, just because they were excellent and Feb 3, 1959 was a sad day, although I didn't see it...

EDIT: Aarrrrgh! How could I forget Ritchie Valens! *bashes head*

Edited by Questioner

Wow this is a really hard question but I think if I had to choose I would say Randy Rhoads Ozzy's first guitar player he is easily one of the best guitar players of all time and I would have loved to see how much better he would have gotten if he didn't die in that plane crash

• Brohoof 1

i would bring back the GOD of rock music 

the one and only FREDDY MERCURY 

img-1927065-1-Freddie-Mercury.jpg

he is probably one of the most influential singers of all time and my personal favorite singer, and to see Queen at concert would be FUCKIN' AMAZING 

My  second choices  would probably be either Bon Scott from AC/DC or Tupac shakur  

I would've love to go back to 1986 to see one of their Wembley concerts or even go back to 1985 to see Live Aid. Freddie Mercury and Queen are AMAZING

• Brohoof 1

Bring people back from the dead is dangerous- desu!

So I would say- none! I mean, really if you brought someone back to life then wouldn't there be like some sort of outbreak of fear? I'd be attacked by media and stuff, and so would that singer. xD 

One does not simply come back to life and perform again like normal. 

But all this aside.. how about..... ummm?

Well I can't recognize singers by looks except a few xD But the guy on the 3rd column, 3rd row with the orangy thing looks like some sort of composer, and probably a famous on from a long time ago so him XD

Edited by The Pinkeh Pie ♪

Freddie Mercury was such an inspirational person and great singer. Queen have to be one of the best British bands ever, I've always been a big fan.

Although now that I think of it, I always liked Nirvana, so Kurt Cobain would be another choice for me, as would Marc Bolan, lead singer of T. REX...

But if I had to choose, I'd go for Freddie. In fact, I might go listen to some Queen now!

• Brohoof 2

This thread is making me sad,as I'll never get to see some of my fave singers live, ever.

Freddy Mercury is one,John Lennon, George Harrison, The man in black himself, Johnny Cash. Micheal Jackson,Kurt Cobain.

I could probably go on....

I'm sad now. sad.png

Edited by ~Chaotic_Fluttershy~
  • Brohoof 2

Dean Martin. Dino. The king of cool. One of the greatest vocalists of all time.

There are so many wonderful singers that I would bring back, given the chance. Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Freddie Mercury, all three Andrews sisters, Ella Fitzgerald... but Dino was special. He had a personality that would light up any room, and a voice that could enchant anyone alive.

Damn, just to hear that man sing Volare in person would be well worth the price of a Necronomicon.

Noone likes Beethoven? Well... Beethoven would be great, he could finish his 9th symphony... and make some more of them!

I think Johann Sebastian Bach and Brahms are slightly better, but Beethoven is a master too. I'm not much into other kinds of music, or well, I like other kinds of music, but I don't listen to it

I would bring sexy back.

Sorry it had to be done

But I'd like to see Bob Marley and Michael Jackson back, they were quite funnyo.

• Brohoof 2

I know, without a doubt, I would bring back John Paul Larkin, better known as "Scatman John" or simply, "The Scatman."

His music is truly inspirational, and, in my opinion, is more than 20% cooler than any of the rap crap we have today. His life story was more than inspirational to read and think about, and every time I read it, I get hyped, ready to push through each day as if it were my last. #OverusedSaying

Yea, no doubt, I'd bring back The Scatman.

• Brohoof 1

mfw no one's mentioned Ian Curtis yet.

Like seriously, he's a million times better than Freddie Mercury. (And better looking too)

img-1935608-1-77-stalker-iancurtis.jpg

20% cooler than any of the rap crap we have today

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but dang it's like everyone on this website is super hostile towards rap and hip-hop.

Edited by Akari Akaza

Freddie Mercury was such an inspirational person and great singer. Queen have to be one of the best British bands ever, I've always been a big fan.

Although now that I think of it, I always liked Nirvana, so Kurt Cobain would be another choice for me, as would Marc Bolan, lead singer of T. REX...

But if I had to choose, I'd go for Freddie. In fact, I might go listen to some Queen now!

if you have you haven't heard this Queen song yet please listen to it, for me it is in my top 5 favorite songs but for you it might be different, its still really good though smile.png

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

John Lennon and George Harrison (cuz The Beatles are amazing), Kurt Cobain, and if we're talking rappers I'll throw in Ol' Dirty Bastard, cuz the Wu-Tang Clan ain't the same without him. 2Pac's aight, but let's be honest, his death amped up his legacy. Same with Biggie.