Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The First Annual Equestrian Hunger Games RP

Grand_Finale

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/76270-the-first-annual-equestrian-hunger-games/page-2

The Griffon Kingdom has successfully taken over Equestria, but due to the rebellion of the ponies, The griffons have decided to put a pageant of sorts into commission. This new law states that each City must give two tributes to participate in this pageant. One Colt, and one Filly. These contestants between the ages of 12-18 are to be put into a battle to the death.

You wake up in your town, It is Reaping day. You havent the slightest idea what to expect, only that it is dangerous, and could cost you your life. You dont have much time until the reaping begins, enjoy it while you can

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charcoal wakes up in her house. She gets out if bed and looks at the calendar. Today is the day. She sighs and goes to the shower to start her day off. She didn't like how everything she has ever done in her life could be for nothing, but some things can't be helped.

Fire awoke, today was reaping day, he knew it, he had been dreading the idea for months.

Missy awoke next to him. "Better get ready for today." She said.

"Yeah, I'm more likely to get picked than you, my name is in....." Fire counted. "Six times, I believe."
"Don't worry, it won't be us, neither of us will get picked." Missy re-assured him, getting out of bed.

If only Fire could have her confidence.

Blake walks through Appleoosa. The town he was condemned to live in for the rest of his natural life. The griffons just happened to invade when he was there looking for his family heirloom.

POV Blake

'Now, heh, now I'm trapped, and destined to die here. Here, in this empty, fruit-obsessed town. Everyone minds it deep in their hearts, that we could only pray to not be chosen until they grew too old. 15 though. A happy Reaping day to all who share the burden. The mere burden of luck.'

The missionaries that took him in were pleasant. The hunters were where he stayed though, that's where he learned to handle knives. Being a carnivore made it no easier either. He just figured it was but another day to wait out, and hope for some goodness. Reaping Day, ironically enough, was the date of his birthday.

Blasted Nova has lived out his first year in Equestria by this point and was the ripe age of eighteen. He had failed to stop the griffons from taking over the whole place, and now they've announced this 'Reaping Day.'
It sounded pretty rough, but that didn't faze the red stallion. His courage and pride overshadowed fear by a landslide. He felt as if he was prepared for whatever were to come his way on this day of judgement.

Blasted Nova walked outside his house and looked towards the kingdom. "I'll get through this Reaping Day, and once I do, I'm coming after you, Gilda. Just you wait." He said to himself.

Lawleit woke up and began to calculate his chances of being picked while climb out of bed he was up before neer and mellow his apprentices of sorts so he began to eat some cake In the dim dinning room "I have exactly a 42.3457 percent chance of being picked" lawleit said then ate a bite of cake

Edited by dashian500

Pyxel woke up due to the sun shining on his face. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the callendar that was nailed to the wall beside his bed. Today was the day that was marked with a red X. The reaping day. The day those stupid griffons created.

With a worried sigh, Pyxel got out of bed and washed his face. Usually, he was a cheerful pony, but the thought that some ponies, maybe even his friends had to kill, kill, kill.

He also knew that the more food you take, the chance of your name getting picked is.

"I didn't take THAT many food rations... did I?" He asked himself out loud.

There was no point taking his guitar with him and play like he usually did to earn a living. He had no idea how the day was going to work out, but he did know a bunch of innocent ponies had to kill eachother. For amusement.

"Someone should start a rebellion..." He muttered to himself as he tied his red rag around his neck and walked out of the door.

The morning was chilly, so Pyxel picked up a faster pace to keep warm. He trotted towards the place ponies were supposed to gather. What if he gets picked? What if his friends get picked? What if a young filly or foal gets picked?

With thoughts like that, he continued trotting towards the gathering place.

Lawleit finished his cake when neer walked in "42.3457" he was sure he was right lawleit had trained him to never answer with out beaing at least an 86.5 percent certain "very good neer have some cake boss then meet me at the reaping ask mellow when he wakes tell me if he is wrong" lawleit said then telaported to the then square and watched everything quietly

Blake was hungry, but didn't want his name in anymore times than it already was. He walked into a bakery and pretended to look at some things. When the cashier went to do something else. He shoveled some bread and things into his bag.

"Hey!!" The cashier shouted chasing him out the door with a rolling pin. He simply laughed as he ran out of sight. He munched on a slice of bread, but saw a young colt. An orphan by the looks of his ribcage. He sighed, but reluctantly hands him a loaf of bread. The orphan runs off, and Blake walks along humming Happy Birthday.

Charcoal finished her shower and went to the kitchen to get some breakfast. This one the last time she would ever need to worry about being picked by the griffins for the games. "I just hope my luck lasts for one last time. And maybe the lack of stress during this time of year will help my business." Charcoal said as she went to the kitchen and got herself an apple to eat.

Saturday sunlight filtered softly as Arrow landed gracefully down to the floor from her bed. As usual the soft chirps of the birds sang like lullaby to her, but today, as all years are to be, she was leadened with fear. 

A fear a huntress is shamed to have. 

She trotted to get ready, brushed her silver locks, washed her coat of rose gold. 

Today is the day. 

Entering the kitchen, she simply whipped up a sandwich of juicy blueberries, but as she chewed it, it tasted no more than ashes, or probably nothing in her mouth. After that moment of silence, she reminisced the days when she was living a glorious life beyond Equestria, far from this mad daemon's game's grasp. At least her family had to live, to assure her that she won't be picked. 

Trying so hard to recognize this as a normal day, she went to the embrace of the woods, letting the trees welcome her back with their warm arms. She smiled at the canopy of leaves, letting soft seeps of sunlight glide in, ever so beautifully illuminate the whole forest with its morning call.

They were the closest family they had ever since her family died. She sighed, and gathered her weapons from her back door, before getting into shooting practice.

Arrow's horn glowed a steady silver, and her favorite bow rose from the grassy floor.  

Today is the day.

I won't be picked. I won't be picked. She gritted her teeth as she shot her last arrow,hitting the bullseye on the tree trunk with incredible accuracy  I didn't need those stupid food rationing to get myself into even more risk to be killed. I have the forest.The bushes give me everything I needed.

I just need luck.

A little bit of luck.

Edited by Deathmark1999

'So, it's a day where ponies are doomed to death. How's it any different than any other day? There's a chance it's me.' As a repeat offender, and tenant at a mission, his name was probably in more times than any other pony in all of... Equestria. He wasn't sure he should call it that anymore, Griffonavia? Nah, he'd think of it later. He really knew that he had the greatest chance of being picked. He didn't worry though, luck was on his side, he WAS a treasure hunter after all.

Since Fire was 18, he'd probably be older than most of the tributes, he was eating a breakfast of a slice of bread and some cheese.

"What's wrong?" Missy asked. "Besides the obvious, of course." Fire sighed.

"If I get picked, it's not the idea of dying that scares me, it's that I might have to kill a twelve year old, I just couldn't do it." Fire said.

"I'm sure it won't come to that." Missy said re-assuringly.

Arrow leaped to the nearest artificial target, whipping in front of it, before stabbing it with her hind legs. 

Prst-crk. 

The whole dummy flew out of its position, hitting a tree like a baseball to a bat. The ragged statue then fell onto the grass, now in pieces. 

Arrow muttered a mild curse under her breath. "About time..." The dummy begin to levitate into midair to her magic's will, and as Arrow gritted her teeth, the statue's body glowed in a intense barricade of light, sparks igniting like a wild release of fireworks. When the light finally died, where the old, dirty dummy stood, there was a brand new dummy, alongside a new cloned version of it. 

She was too much in dread to be proud. Her heart beated so painfully, like a horse galloping with a lost leg. 

Before she could sink into all the fear that haunted her mind, a loud, obnoxious rap on the door woke her up. She blinked. 

"Coming!" She cried, and galloped to the front door to answer. 

When she opened the door, there was her friend, Gumdrop Swirl, standing at the front of her door still having that ridiculously wide smile that was too much for her. 

"How, exactly are you able to smile at the day you could be killed?" Arrow blurted with a mild tone of rage. 

"Oh, easy, there's like, thousands of thousands of ponies outside and its funny that everyone thinks that they're the one that's gonna be chosen. That's funny." Gumdrop stopped smiling and frowned. "And kind of weird." 

"Well, you never know." Arrow whispered. "It might be you. Or me." 

"Oh, c'mon, Arrow! You used to be so happy and optimistic, now look what this stupid game did to you?" Gumdrop moaned. "You need to cheer up and be even MORE optimistic! Besides, you're like, the daughter of the legendary hunting clan! And you're like, the most stressed out one here!" 

"Wow, how about when you're that incredibly lucky one being chosen and you have to kill your friends? Does that sound fabulous to you?" 

"Well, no... but probably won't be you! Nor me! Try to believe that way! I mean, its reasonable to stay happy while you're in a desperate situation, better than being all gloomy and fearful!" Gumdrop grinned, and begin to dash into Arrow's house.

"So, are you ready for the selection?" She continued, staring at Arrow's simple yet cozy living room, at the goldfish she bought recently.  

"Not really...." Arrow sighed. "I wish I can just disappear into the woods until the reaping day is over." 

"You know they'll find you." Gumdrop huffed. "They have alicorns to chase you down. You'll be caught, by hook or crook." 

"How long till the selection?" Arrow turned around, tweaking the topic a little bit.  

Blasted Nova left his homestead and walked over to the cliff over on the horizon. He liked this cliff. It was really the only place he could find peace now. He'd only been away from Earth for a year, and now his life is hanging in the balance in a contest he doesn't even know what to expect from.

He looked up into the morning sky. It was still relatively dark out, and the sun was rising on the horizon. He could've sworn he saw Earth in the sky. It felt as if Blast began to shed a few tears upon the sight of it.

Charcoal finished her apple. She got a second one and finished that off to, she wasn't exactly one to eat much. Especially with all the orphan foals who lost their parents to the griffins. She looked at her wall clock. She had time before the reaping, so she decided to go out and get some fresh air. "And who knows, maybe I'll see my future companion slash enemy." Charcoal joked to herself to try and lighten the mood. She grabbed her bags and left her house, making sure to lock it good and tight. She began walking to... nowhere really. She just aimlessly walked and waited to see if she would find a destination.

Arrow and Gumdrop exited the house after a failed attempt to talk about anything but the Games. 

"What's the point of going out?" Arrow exclaimed,  against Gumdrop's opinion that 'she needed city air'. 

There was no point of going out,actually. Either the view of Canterlot was filled with closed windows and doors with expensive patterns, or people walking, dragging around with the faces of fear, or black circles decorated their eyes. 

Well, we still have... 45 minutes left, so let's spend the rest of the time... looking around! Hey, what about let's go see Sugarcube Corner, I'm definite they're open!" Gumdrop exclaimed, and pulled the grumpy unicorn along as they galloped through the gloomy streets of Equestria. 

Lawleit heard to ponies galloping he turned "that's odd ponies usually stay home and aren't out at this time" lawleit side add he watched them closely he began thinking of the crimes that had happened recently and determined that they couldn't have done any of them but he still stared

Pyxel was now close to the town center. He sat down on a bench, shuddering a bit as the cold wood touched his skin.

He was thinking of going back and taking his guitar, but there were so little ponies on the streets, it wouldn't really have a point.

The wind was blowing harder now, making Pyxel to blow on his hooves and rubbing them together to get some more warm.

Why did he come this early? Nervousness? Pyxel leaned back on the bench and looked down the street. The town center was a few minutes away from here, so Pyxel got up and began to move. Partially, he was curious, but he also wanted to keep warm.

Blake walked to the town square. A crowd was already beginning to gather. As soon as he got there, many of the neighborhood gave him a look of silent contempt. He was well known for being a rebel. He never stole anything he didn't need to before the griffons took over, but.... Time changes things, as do tyrants. He didn't say a word, but merely munched on the bread in his hoof.

Charcoal walked through the streets of Ponyville with no real purpose in mind, just kill time really. She looked around what was now Ponyville. It used to be such a bright and happy place. But ever since the griffins took over it seems to have made the town much more depressed. Especially without Pinkie Pie to liven up the mood for everypony.

"Reaping is on soon, we should get down to the Town Square." Missy said. Fire looked down at his food, pained expression in his eyes.

"I just have a feeling, that one of us won't be coming back." Fire said. Missy walked around the table.

"Don't speak like that, come on, let's go for a walk, that'll make you feel better." Missy said, leading him out the door.

Once they got out there, it was not better, the exact opposite actually. Ponyville was a shambles, it had been ever since the griffons attacked Equestria.

@

Charcoal walked along the street when she sees two ponies walking outside. It wasn't often she saw ponies she didn't know, so she decided to go greet them. Though, I probably shouldn't get too close to anypony. Because they might just be the next ponies taken. Charcoal thought to herself. Despite her better judgement she walked up to them anyway. "Um... hello." Charcoal said. Wow, great way to start a conversation.

Fire jumped in surprise at the pony, he was shocked, it had been a while since anypony actually spoke to him, other than Missy.

"Uh, hello, what do you want? Look, we don't have much food." Fire said, thinking he was some kind of theif. Missy shook her head.

"I have to apologise for my husband here, he's always been a bit paranoid." Missy said, reaching out to shake the pony's hoof.

Edited by ShyFlutters

@

Charcoal shook the mare's hoof. "I understand. With times like this it makes sense more and more ponies would be paranoid." She looked at the stallion. "And I am not here to take your food. I'm actually one of the lucky ones when it comes to money." Charcoal said as she stopped shaking the mare's hoof and put her own hoof on the ground.