Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Superpowers

ClearIight

If you could have any one superpower short of omnipotence, what would it be and why? I want to be able to stop time. I don't really care about travelling through time, just stopping it and restarting it when it suits me. I always feel like I don't have enough time to do all the stuff I want to do and I am a heavy procrastinator. I would to stop time, do all my work in a matter of seconds in real time, and then restart time to do all the fun stuff like being with my friends. I wouldn't use it too often because I would still age regularly while everyone else is stopped but in conservative bursts, I think this power is the most useful of all.

• Brohoof 3

I would probably wanna be able to have the power of gravity so I could control the gravity around me, really mess things up xD

Obviously I couldn't use that too often because it would just mess everything up, but I could like make my house Zero-G or something, I dunno. Someone comes to rob my house and they step in and start flying around everywhere like "Oh crap!" xD

Yeah I dunno, just think that would be a lot of fun tongue.png

Edited by Star Streak
  • Brohoof 1

The one superpower I would choose is the ability to turn into a Kryptonian and back. That way, I would get all of Superman's powers through a technicality.

Plus, if anyone tried to kill me with Kryptonite, I'd just go human again, take it off, and then turn back into a Kryptonian.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

I think I would choose super intelligence, that way I could make money by using my super powers but could also save people by using that super intelligence. So being super intelligent would be an awesome superpower and maybe through that superpower I could find a way to become a shape shifter or any other superpower through science. So that is what I would choose.

• Brohoof 1

The ability to multiply narrative time, for example speeding up, time for object our slowing it down, this begin myself our an other, and also am fan of lighting ability's.

Why this would be, well lighting something comes natural to me, and multiply narrative time, that is more tricky to example, best answer i have for that. Is it was gifted to me. And i did not a cover it on my own. And there for it's mystery.

Well that two power I at lest would like to have.

Sig, out. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png *Squee*

• Brohoof 1

If you could have any one superpower short of omnipotence, what would it be and why? I want to be able to stop time. I don't really care about travelling through time, just stopping it and restarting it when it suits me. I always feel like I don't have enough time to do all the stuff I want to do and I am a heavy procrastinator. I would to stop time, do all my work in a matter of seconds in real time, and then restart time to do all the fun stuff like being with my friends. I wouldn't use it too often because I would still age regularly while everyone else is stopped but in conservative bursts, I think this power is the most useful of all.

Dood! When it comes to super power topics I've always picked the ability to stop time! And it's weird because a lot of the times I'd try to explain it to others and they'd call it stupid?! Did no one else ever see any time control episodes of cartoons when they were younger? Shesh! It just seems like such a crazy awesome thing to be able to do.

• Brohoof 2

Dood! When it comes to super power topics I've always picked the ability to stop time! And it's weird because a lot of the times I'd try to explain it to others and they'd call it stupid?! Did no one else ever see any time control episodes of cartoons when they were younger? Shesh! It just seems like such a crazy awesome thing to be able to do.

I saw the Nickelodeon movie Clockstoppers and instantly wanted that power. In the NBC television show Heroes, Hiro Nakamura is one of my favorite characters because the power he uses most is stopping time. 

Hmm.... one power, huh? I would choose fire and lighting. I mean, picture this. Your robbing a house, then some kid walks out of his room and a ball of lighting appears on his palm, I dunno about you but if be scared sh--less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heyy5W6NF_s

Because why not? I always loved fire as an elemental ability, and firebending just makes it feel even more awesome. Firebending is best bending.

EDIT: Also, Haki would be incredibly useful. Having the ability of precognition, hardening your body like steel and weaponizing your willpower is absolutely insane, and from an objective pov these abilities are all way more useful than any form of bending even in a fight. Seeing monsters like Silvers Rayleigh and Shanks using Haki was purely fascinating, to say the least. It only gets more frightening when you have devil fruit powers to go along with them, like with Sakazuki.

Edited by ~Chaotic Freedan~

Future sight combined with the ability to slow time, where I would be the only one unaffected by the slowing of time. There would be a catch. My future sight would be limited to roughly 30 seconds into the future so it's good only for immediate events and not things like weather events, stock market shifts, and the price of a piece of land in 20 years. And I can only slow time. I can't reverse it or speed it up. Therefore, my usage of the power will shorten my lifespan. Use it too much, and I might die at 60 normal years, although I myself would have experienced 80 years altogether. 

For example, if I were about to be shot, I could know with nearly full confidence that I was about to be shot (because the future is changeable, after all) and I could slow time down to see the bullet coming for me, simply step to the side, and grab that bullet out of the air since, to me, the bullet may be moving only a couple miles an hour. 

That brings up another point. Being able to slow time (and therefore everything affected by it except myself), I could make it so my skin is nearly impossible to penetrate. Also by slowing the flow of time, my punches are moving, in normal time, by a factor of how much I slowed the flow of time. So if I slowed time by 15 times (where 15 seconds would really only be 1 second) and I can throw a punch moving 15 miles an hour, in normal time, my punch is moving 225 miles an hour. That's enough to cause some serious--if not life-threatening--damage to an attacker. 

So yeah, I wouldn't exactly be Doc Brown or an oracle. And I wouldn't be able to see the year 1887 or 2680. In fact, like I said earlier, my time travel power could be like a cancer to me so I would have to use it only if I needed it. And as far as future sight goes, I couldn't play the stock market and get insanely rich from it because I know what's going to happen in the next couple years and then pull my investment out right before the company goes bankrupt. 

I've been thinking of this kind of power for a while now, and I think if a character were created with it, he'd be a really awesome character, but with an interesting twist that his own power could actually kill him.

Edited by ThatOneBrony

I would have the power shapeshifting. I see that being a superpower that benefits me the most. I can be anyone at anytime. I'd use it mainly to live as someone else, but when I feel like stopping burglars from robbing a bank or something cliche like that, I'd disguise myself and silently destroy them from the inside.

Flying, for sure.

However, the OP's offering of stopping time is a good one. It eliminates the need for speed: you just go walk over to where you want to be, no matter how long it takes. 

I would like the exhilaration of flying, however.

@, I guess you can be a Changeling then. :)

But really, shapeshifting is the best superpower. You can transform in anything, gain the power of the creature, you can fly, etc. You can even become a pony! :)

So yea, it is the ultimate superpower.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

That's an easy one 

In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!

• Brohoof 2

Teleportation. The ideal superpower IMO, is one that is superbly useful without making life too easy. Teleportation is perfect for that.

I used to answer this question "mind reading", but only if I could filter the sometimes disturbing results.

• Brohoof 1

Teleportation. The ideal superpower IMO, is one that is superbly useful without making life too easy. Teleportation is perfect for that.

I used to answer this question "mind reading", but only if I could filter the sometimes disturbing results.

yeah I would love to communicate with people through our minds but mind reading is something I personally wouldn't want so I get what you mean... I know if I had that power when I was desperately wanting to know my friend's feelings I might of not end up well lets just say lol XD since he could've been thinking "I hate this stupid annoying person" and idk that would've hurt like crap :/

Shape-shifting.

No longer having to be jealous of anybody else. I can become just as pretty as I ever want, and also able to wear everything I want, being able to control my weight. =) (I'm not necessarily fat, but just enough... >.<) But better than anything, I'd revert my body back to the way it was before any medical issues came into play.

Perfect power, I must say. Well, it couldn't take care of me failing at everything, but that's okay, I can get over that.

• Brohoof 2

Let's be honest, this was to be expected.

Edited by Sergei
  • Brohoof 3

Kind of a cop-out answer but the ability of ultimate understanding. If you understand everything you essentially have every other power in existence available to you. Even if they aren't possible for a human...well you just have to make yourself not human anymore. ;)

The ability to know anything I want at once. The only filter I would want to put on it is to have selective knowledge. Knowing EVERYTHING would be boring and takes away the wonder of learning new things but should I wish to know something just pop it in a cosmic search and be like "so that nebula DOES taste like raspberries!"

:lol:

• Brohoof 1