Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts of Black Friday?

Scootadress

I usually like Black Friday, if they have good deals for customers and I think that the employees really deserve a lot of respect for what they put up with on that day.

>really deserve a lot of respect

This guy deserves a cookie.

This video right here is how thankful I am for those employees standing up for this.

• Brohoof 1

I did Black Friday last year. It was horrible, and rediculous, and they didn't even have what I wanted, even though they said they did. I know none of the employees have an easy night, and it wasn't their fault, but Walmart was full of lies and I was sad.

Black Friday: trampling and stampeding people for toys and games only hours after being thankful for what you have. I hate it.

I never seen the stampeding, but I seen the whole thing on tv. However, I seen what people do during Black Friday. I never seen any rampages like that. 

Black friday is stupid, but actually kinda fun biggrin.png

I've gone with my sister the last 3 or 4 years just for the sake of going out. I don't really go to save money or anything (although if i see a good deal i may snag it)

I go for the thrill of shopping at a late night time and just to watch all the commotion. I like the adrenaline rush after napping off my thanksgiving coma wink.png Spending good quality time with my big sis and friends is fun, we generally avoid things if it gets too crazy though. And my town's population isn't nearly as high as some large cities might be, so i think its a bit safer.

Like someone else commented, i've yet to actually witness any rioting or stampedes. its usually just super busy. sometimes while waiting we even chat with our fellow shoppers :3

Edited by crazitaco

I don't like the whole thing with starting holidays early i agree there.

And i also don't like how black friday has got pushed a day early alot, seems to ruin the point...

It can get a bit violent sometimes, and frankly the waits and stuff isn't really for me, but as long as things aren't to crazy i'm all down for discounts if i really want something.

But it does get really crazy sometimes... Like people will fight over stuff, and normally just end up with neither getting anything and getting arrested.

As long as I don't have to wait in line for checkout on steam, I'm totally into it. Really though, I think it's stupid how people trample over each other and wait overnight just for a sale., [racist joke removed]

Edited by ~Chaotic Doge~

I work in a Hardware store of a magnitude somewhere between Home Depot and a much smaller mom & pop store, and it seems like just the right setting for a positive, upbeat Black Friday. There is a morning rush, but it's nowhere near as insane as the ones in a Target or Best Buy or Walmart. Nobody gets trampled. Plus, the company owners feed us some schmancy heroes and macaroni salad and whatever in the back room. I definitely look forward to working Black Friday, mostly because I don't have to subject myself to having to handle crowds that could trample me, and give me an opportunity to push back. Really don't want to do that.