Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Divided - When Harmony is Lost

GreyScholar

House Stormwing @, @

The mare tilted her head slightly out of confusion. She was never one for politics or national affairs, she was just a scientist. All this of this was above her. Although…  this did bring up something curious. Another situation of similar circumstances so to speak.

“Sorry, mind if I just say something?” She was tempted to shy away but managed to hold her ground. “We need stop looking inward for a second, this isn’t the first time something of this nature has happened. Oh, if I could just remember.”

She hit her head as if trying to bang the memory into place. “Oh yes, Trottingham about a year ago. The local government sent me similar shell fragments to analyse. The results were just as strange, an assortment of random chemicals but enough fuel to create a massive fireball. I still have the report somewhere around here.”

She shuffled through a mess of papers and files till she finally located the documents in question. “I kept them here for reference. Assuming this guy has attacked more than once, why hasn’t he improved his bombs in any way? They’re just a random cocktail of volatile substances.

“It actually reminds me of a murder that happened here a few years ago. The killer was an ex-mercenary, a very dangerous mare. She stabbed her victim fifty times even though he was dead by the second. She disguised her precision with a bunch of random stabs to make it appear sloppy and unrefined, and thus drawing any suspicion away from her.

“Maybe that’s what’s happening here? Maybe the killer is more dangerous than we give him credit for? At least…  that’s my understanding of it.” She smiled awkwardly before backing up a bit more. “My names Pilot by the way, Pilot Light.”

House Earthborn @@Windbreaker

It was only now that Long Stride began to acknowledge how flawed his previous mind-set was. Every long march was just the build up to the next slaughter, everything else was pointless. He relished it, the opportunity to take his suffering out on those less deserving. It was…   comforting. Earthborn had nothing left for him now, it only ailed him further.

“You may have to hold on a bit longer then.” Long Stride finally addressed Poopy directly. “Once we reach our destination we can use the chaos of battle to mask our escape. When you see the opportunity don’t hesitate to take it. You may not receive another.” This did require more marching, however, an act which had now begun to wear on his mind.

His tone took a drastic turn when he spoke again. “If anypony gets in your way, be they Moon and Star or Earthborn, then you know what has to be done.”

House Stormwing @

She expected her trust. Applejack’s words seemed genuine, but here was little way of telling these days. Rainbow Dash would have to go off her gut, just like always. In the ends she found little sense in sending her away or killing her; she would allow it.

Bene, you have my trust for now. Do not waste it.” Dash drew forth her Xiphos, tossing it aside and leaving herself unarmed. “You’re assistance will not be necessary, I’ve already assembled an able team to deal with the issue. They will find those responsible and kill them if I feel inclined. No pony is escaping punishment, not in my city.”

She turned back to face Applejack directly, her sharp gaze looking back and forth between her and her…  assistant? “Who is this strumento you have brought with you? He doesn’t look much like a guard, more so a gardener.”

Behold the 300th post!

1724644-300_wallpaper_q.jpg

Edited by The-Master

House Stormwing  @Dez@@The-Master, ((OOC:Only the Spartans were 300, in truth there must have been 1500 in total in the end of the battle. That includes the 700 Thesprotians and the 400 Theban prisoners. But you know... let the nerd nerdgasm a bit! :P))

Terra and Selune were stationed in Trottingham during this war. They looked at each other... Selune remembered that Trottingham had been the target of cultists earlier. But if she had clues to support her claim then these ought to be considered. Selune nodded to Terra and he took the chance to speak.

"Me and Selune had been stationed in Trottingham as ground guards. This case might have passed from my hoof as well... You said the mare was an "Ex-Mercenary", an "Ex-Mercenary" for whom? Besides that do we know anything about her besides that? A name or a nickname? A cause? She must have affiliations, old contacts we could track down. This job hardly seems a lonely one."

At that time Selune raised a hoof and interrupted him. She was suspicious to say the least... the clues made sense but Selune was insistent on the matter that no matter what the culprit was certainly connected to something bigger. Maybe not a house but something else...

"The clues the killer might have left can be equally true and misleading. Tracking her contacts might not be easy as they are possibly not in the city, maybe not all of them. However from the documentation i have received so far it seems that it would be possible that this mare blackmailed some of the citizens of Cloudsdale to co-operate with her. I agree with you Pilot Light this might just be a serial killer. Serial killers tend to be showoffs and just by their show they express the desire to be caught. If you have any documentation about her here it would be appreciated."

@@Snowy Storm,@@Spell Shock

First Refuge Camp, Near a Lake

Golden Dawn was impressed but did offer on concern that the unicorn may not have considered, "we will likely pass near or through Earthborn territory, there may even be those against unicorns in the camp, and as such it may perhaps be needed for you and young Spell to have yourselves appear as earth ponies. A means of disguising the presence of your horns would be advised." The pegasus noticed the young mare's movements and nodded, believing she was covering another aspect that could give a unicorn away and bring unneeded attention.

Turning back to Regel he says to both, "be careful with your words and actions, as it seems perhaps Spell understand even how you move your head can give you away. Though there will likely be good ponies where we are going this war has effected each of them. Negative reaction and feelings towards each other is sadly to be revealed if the wrong ponies learns who we truely are. This is not helped that we are so near to where Cult activity has been found."

@@EquestrianScholar,@@Spell Shock
"Changing your coat is easy that is a once and done deal. Horns, on the other hand, are rather difficult to hide since horns can be felt even when disguised. I do have the talent to do so, but should another pony run in front of us, or try to put there face in our faces. They will feel the horn, if not stab themselves on it. Also since I'll have to keep changing the color of our horns to match that of the sky and the environment. Spell, rather she likes it or not, will have to remain close to me so I can keep changing the colors of her horn along side mine" Regal thought it over. It would put a massive strain on him if he had to keep changing the color of their horns ever minute, if not sooner then that. Most of the runes he knew were only for helping him remain hidden, not prolong his use of magic.

"My limits will be pushed" He closed his eyes and smiled. He thought about about his time from being a fake elderly pony. Still if they found him, he knew he had a few things to clean up about his act.
"I'm been in hiding ever since I returned back to my home, Changing the way I talk and walk won't be too much of a problem" Turning to Spell Shock he made her horn disappear and quickly did the same with his own. he was good now, but He wondered how long it would take before he reached his limits.

Edited by Snowy Storm

@@Snowy Storm

The pegasus considers this before offering, "though it would require you to pay attention, perhaps I can go and get us a couple of hats and when there is the chance of the hat falling off you use your magic?" The stallion was uncertain, as he did not know fully how unicorn magic worked, though he did know there must be some way as they were unicorn agents that passed themselves off as earth ponies or with help from others with a Fly spell being cast even pegasus. Though now that he considered, he didn't remember Mythos having trouble in his missions when in disguise, yet the unicorn was a mysterious sort and Golden had never questioned him because the pony had always gotten the job done.

Shaking his head he turns his attention back to Regal as he waited for his reply continuing, "I am not certain but there has to be a way we can make it work, though perhaps we will just need to be careful not to draw attention to ourselves. There likely will be unicorns at the camps but still with the activities of House Moon and Star as well as House Whitegold there may be suspicion or hostility."

House Stormwing @@

(OOC: I know that and you know that, but the reference was too great for me to ignore.)

Pilot could see how they came to that conclusion, but there was still one major point that seemed to conflict with their theory. “She was a freelancer, taking work with rebel groups throughout the northern territories, sometimes even the cult. However, I doubt she’s involved with these bombings. She’s been locked up in a Trottingham jail for two years now, not much she can do from there. Although…  you did mention that she might be getting others to carry out her dirty work. You’d need to find some way to prove that she’s been slipping information to her followers, then find her employer.”

Pilot went back to her assortment of papers and began to sift through for the one in question. It didn’t take too long before Pilot handed over the dusty leather bound file to Selune. “Her name was Fire Cracker, but she was more commonly referred to as the Nightingale. These documents should have everything you need; background information, convictions and associates.”

Oplita Rapporto: Fire Cracker

·         Fire Cracker was taken into custody upon her arrest outside of Trottingham. Upon her attempted escape she was noticed by several patrols who managed to restrain her after a brief skirmish. Two Hoplites are in medical care after sustaining severe burns from makeshift granate or grenades as they refer to then in the south. Known associate, Clarity Firewing, escaped arrest thanks to a quick escape.

·         The trail was set for the following month, to which the jury found her guilty of fifteen separate charges including theft, bribery, and murder. However, she was found not-guilty on the charge of mass-murder due to a lack of evidence linking her to the scene. The court suspects that her followers were made to carry out the deed but there is little supporting this claim. Following the jury’s verdict she attempted to plead insanity, even going to far as to slit her own wrists while in her cell, but physiological examination determined her sane.

·         Fire Cracker will serve three years of her sentence before being executed by Lightning Strike. Her last rites will be carried out upon the eve of her execution. She has also requested her remains be buried in Ponyville, or at least what’s remains of the town.

·         Since her arrest there has been no more proven incidence concerning her small following, and to this day none have been caught or arrested (including known follower Robin Featherhead). Her strong ties to the Cult of Laughter has increased their presence within Trottingham, but all word of them has gone silent. Patrols will continue the search, but for now it is safe to assume that all traces of the Cult has disappeared with the arrest of Fire Cracker.

Edited by The-Master

@@EquestrianScholar,
"Well those unicorns more than likely train and know the ways to use that magic. Personally I never had a teacher who taught me that kind of magic. My father made sure most of my teachers taught me to deal with the dealing of House WhiteGold and make sure I was a well educated stallion. I was groomed to be the next head of my family and knew everything that came with the position. Perhaps my sibling were trained in magics of that sort. Maybe If I could get my hooves on a book about magic like that, I can try to learn how to hid our horns without having to use magic every time we moved to another place" 
Regal began to think about how useful he really was. He didn't have the talent or magic to make him useful. He was rather useless when he compared himself to Golden and Spell. He didn't have the talent to fight or the magical abilities of Spell. Even his knowledge of rune magic was limited. Still he was here now and he had to do something to prove he wasn't a waste.
"Even without knowing that kind of magic, I promise to do all I can to help you with the magic I do know"

@, @,  @,

Golden Pines - Golden Pines Tavern 

"Oh how am I supposed to know what House did. Maybe it was Moon and Star, using their stupid magic. Or maybe it was Whitegold, bombing them to start a war and make profit. Or maybe it was Earthborn, they do have pegasi in their House. Or maybe it was the Evefree tribes or maybe it was it was the Cult just having some fun or maybe..." e turned his head, look straight at the mare and brought his head closer to hers and whispered. "Maybe it was some secret faction that nopony knows about trying to bring the Houses into further chaos so that they can take over?" He moved his head back away. "But of course there is no way of knowing. And I do find it humorous. Very... very hilarious. Heheh" He said calmly. "Very amusing. Don't you? I guess not. Because you don't know what it is like. You don't know what it is like being a monster." His creepy smile turned upside down and into a frown. "You don't what it is like to be me... Albeit... it's fun." smile returned "It's very fun. Fun but old..." smile disappeared "very old..." smile returned "Heheheheh but maybe one day you will. You will know what it is like to be a Monster. Everypony will...Heheheh." 

Edited by AnonBrony

@, @,  @,

Golden Pines - Golden Pines Tavern 

"Oh how am I supposed to know what House did. Maybe it was Moon and Star, using their stupid magic. Or maybe it was Whitegold, bombing them to start a war and make profit. Or maybe it was Earthborn, they do have pegasi in their House. Or maybe it was the Evefree tribes or maybe it was it was the Cult just having some fun or maybe..." e turned his head, look straight at the mare and brought his head closer to hers and whispered. "Maybe it was some secret faction that nopony knows about trying to bring the Houses into further chaos so

that they can take over?" He moved his head back away. "But of course there is no way of knowing. And I do find it humorous. Very... very hilarious. Heheh" He said calmly. "Very amusing. Don't you? I guess not. Because you don't know what it is like. You don't know what it is like being a monster." His creepy smile turned upside down and into a frown. "You don't what it is like to be me... Albeit... it's fun." smile returned "It's very fun. Fun but old..." smile disappeared "very old..." smile returned "Heheheheh but maybe one day you will. You will know what it is like to be a Monster. Everypony will...Heheheh."

((on my iPad, forgive the poopyness of this post))

Crystal listened in silence...until he spoke of being a monster, that was when it was her turn to laugh. "You think I don't know what it's like to be a monster? I know very much what that's like. I've known since I was a foal. So don't you dare tell me I don't know what it's like." She hissed. She paused for a moment before her normal attitude returned. "Also, speaking in such detail of said group really brings me to believe there is more to who you fight with then expected. You're not going about this the right way at all...you being a bit of an idiot. And I can hazard a guess that you have a short temper and will probably get rather angry at what I mentioned." she looked at Cascade, being sure to keep an eye on the colt incase he tried to do anything. "Cascade, I feel we've gotten enough information here. Shall we move on?"

((during the next few days...like the past few, I will be very busy and probably won't be posting that much. On the fifteenth I shall be getting home. On the 17th at the latest I'll be posting normally...I wanna sleep all day on the 16th xD))

@@AnonBrony,

House Moon and Star - Canterlot Castle

Having never been into Eternity's room before, it was like going over to another pony's house. She wasn't too surprised by the mess, since it was like her room(although things were at least sorted, then some pony would come by, clean it up, and all a sudden she can't find things anymore). While he went through his things, she saw the staff. It looked like a hand-me-down(like her father's old blue cloak that's in her closet) or maybe even a precious heirloom. Whatever it was, it seemed to have some kind of sad origin. Her gut told her that, but she never took it seriously.

"Oh, what the House does?" Star said, snapping back to attention. "Well, I'm not sure. I never paid attention to that kind of stuff, though I do question how they're going to go about it. Though it may be linked to why we don't see any earth ponies and pegasi here. My father always talked about his family back in Dodge Junction, who are all earth ponies, but I've never seen them before in my life. Not even a picture. They sounded like great ponies, so why do they say that all non-unicorns are just tools and slaves and stuff?"

​She didn't notice that she had taken a couple steps toward the staff.

@,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Artisan District 

The guard simply nodded as she led them down the street. Unfornately, the little group was beginning to attract some suspicious looks.

"Oh just ignore them," the guard said as if this kind of thing happened everyday. "Anyways, I believe her name is Star Belle?"

(OOC: I'm trying to stall here so that Epic can catch up some. If we have to wait any longer though, I may end up having to god-mod.)

House Earthborn - Appleloosa - General Steel Shield's Lodgings

@,

Blueprint stared quite some time at the unusual stallion - his whole body was filled with fascinating yet unusual machinery, and she felt a strange sense of uncertainty as he stood nearby her.

Lighthooves, Blueprint believed, was his name. She was not impressed by his "sexist" remark, whether he meant it or not. "Yes...yes, sir, Mr. Lighthooves," Blueprint answered, reluctantly taking off her hat in front of him as an act of courtesy. Blueprint promptly put it back on.

Blueprint then went into the question asking. "First, Mr. Lighthooves, I request you speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth," Blueprint first warned, though she questioned whether it was really necessary. Earthborn natives never lie. "Now, on to the investigation. I want you to elaborate how the victim was fatally killed, and how. Also state who the victim exactly is, and give me any evidence related to the crime."

@Windbreaker, @AnonBrony,

((Just continue with the storyline, I'll reply on the next post.))

@@MagicalStarRain

Eternity was silent, frozen, once Star uttered that question. Currently his back was towards her, meaning she wouldn't be able to see the depressing look grow upon his face. His head lowered slightly as he thought, though he didn't wish to think. He was sure how to say it, especially to somepony like her. She was ignorant on much of it, and he wasn't the kind of pony to rip the bandage right off.

"I... I-I cant think of a straight answer. I don't think there is one really. It was a combination of many things happening. But... as soon as the Sisters disappeared. Unicorns began to think themselves higher than everypony else. I think... i think it was mainly because most non-unicorns thought that the sisters were fraud, and never rose the sun and moon but the Unicorns continued to believe in them. This created a divide. And the Divide grew and grew and divided more and more. Until the whole of Equestria was divided six ways."

He was silent again. Not sure what to say next. Until he ultimately decided it was time to go. "Alright, I'm ready. Let's get going." Once he turned around to walk out the door he noticed Star was standing near his staff. More importantly he took actual notice of the staff. He hasn't used it in a long time but for some strange reason, he decided to take it with him. Like he had some sort of intuition he will need it. Once he put it on his back he felt truly ready; ready to begin his quest. "I think it is time... we educate you my pupil. Come, we have work to do." He finally said.

@, @@Windbreaker,  

House Moon and Star - Hoofington

The group finally reached the train station after a delay. "Okay, we are here. We already have permission to enter the next train to Canterlot. Now all we have to do is wait. Shouldn't take too long." Crucible said. He sat down in wait for the train to arrive. "I suppose now would be the perfect time for any question you might have. To help pass the time." He said to Astrolabe. 

Edited by AnonBrony

House Earthborn (needs a marching song)

@@The-Master

“Yeah. Guess I can’t get too excited, then.” Poppy said. She was certain that this path was the right one. ‘More killing… Once, I got to let off steam that way. But it’s just not fun anymore. Probably never was. Time to get out of this life. Just run, and leave this behind. Find some purpose for myself again.’ She sighed, almost wishing she had wings. “There aren’t many things that I like about Pegasi, but even I have to admit that wings would be nice.”

House Moon and Star - Hoofington (is a boring place)

@@@AnonBrony,

How delightful… more setbacks. More time spent in this city that is driving me insane… I’ll never sleep again, what with all the nightmares and years’ worth of stress. Or perhaps…’ Kinetic thought, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his lighter, only to remember the he was out of cigarettes. “Wonderful… the one time I need one and I have none left…”

How Kinetic wished for a drink, or some headache medicine for the migraine he was getting. “Well, we don’t have anything better to do until we get to Canterlot. Does anypony have headache medicine?”

((OOC: If you want me to stop captioning the factions, just say so.))

Edited by Windbreaker

House Moon and Star - Hoofington

@@Windbreaker@@AnonBrony,

Astrolabe glanced at the analog clock. Ten minutes before the train No. 1774 arrives in the platform. She was generally this way. Information interested her, trivial or not.

"One question," Astrolabe inquired, raising her hoof. "Please tell me what exactly am I supposed to do here, if you know the answer. As far as I know, you simply told me to come with you two, without any direction. It's essential you allow the client to at least know what she is doing."

Astrolabe then asked Kinetic. "And what is that something you want?" she first said, then pointed out, "By the sounds of it, you must need that object."

Having nothing to say, Astrolabe's eyes returned to the clock. Seven minutes before arrival. She sighed, and sat down on a nearby bench. Waiting was more tiring and boring than she thought; she found it strange. She was usually patient. Maybe it was because of the weather and silence.

((I'm actually fine with the captioning if it doesn't interfere with the role play. I actually find it quite humorous.))

House Stormwing @, @@The-Master,

This time Terra received the papers in her stead as Selune noded. It was one and the same for them to be examining the evidence and she actually had something to say, before taking her turn in looking at the evidence. There was one thing that Selune was actually curious about... Pilot Light mentioned that Fire Cracker claimed to be insane but was proven wrong... but she had another idea.

"You said that Fire Cracker was proven sane despite her involvement with the cult. Since she is in prison now she might indeed not be the immediate cause of this bombing. There is however the case that as i said she was messaging someone... maybe an apprentice that was outside, i myself have stopped many attempts of prisoners trying to communicate with their families or co-criminals outside and their creativity never ceases to amaze me. There are however two more cases that i'd like to consider... It could be that she perceived a mind-control spell as insanity... there are some victims of said spells and i wouldn't be surprised if she somehow hesitated to do a designated job and ended up being mind-controlled by the cult to serve their purpose. On the other hoof, since she was connected with such a large organisation in the past, and this seems not to be her own work... it could be possible that she sparked some "Fan-base" or "Mimics"."

In the meantime Terra was focused on the piece of paper his eyes scanning every word for possible clues. He was however fully listening to what Selune had to say, multi-tasking was something he was good at and despite his muscular composure he was still an intelligent stallion. His ears twitched as he heard about imitators or mimicks.

"I think i may have a lead on the last thing... See this?" he said approaching her and pointing at the line about Clarity Firewing. Selune's eyes shined a bit as she seemed to be a tad bit smilling having one of her theories confirmed.

"Clarity Firewing... do we know anything about her whereabouts? Did she happen to enter the city recently perhaps? She might be working with an alias or something. There is one thing i would request if possible. The interrogation of Fire Cracker or Nightingale, whatever her true name is, might be needed so if her execution is to be carried out soon i would like to request it to be postponed. Though i suppose chances of acquiring her co-operation might be small it may be worth it. Maybe a letter could be sent to where she is imprisoned or whatever else."

Edited by nioniosbbbb

House Stormwing @@Dez

While their theories were good, they wouldn’t hold up in the eyes of the court. At this stage there was nothing to pin Fire Cracker to the scene, or any of her followers for that matter. Sure, they had similar techniques, but that wasn’t evidence enough. There had to be some kind of link. “The names on the document aren’t their real names as far as we know, just their more common identities. That just makes our jobs more difficult.”

Pilot looked back at Terra, gesturing a hoof in question. “The bomb would have been made here in Cloudsdale, probably in some kind of hotel or temporary home till their mission was complete. We could go through the names, but thanks to their slippery identities that could take some time. Do you have any information of the local apartments? They’re not too far away from the market square so it would be useful to check. The guards had some documentation on them I think, do you have it?”

“As for Clarity Firewing no pony has heard from her since. She just disappeared. You could send a letter to the Trottingham Prison by fast mail, but that may take a while still. Fire Cracker is a tough shell to crack, I doubt you’ll get any information out of her.”

House Earthborn @@Windbreaker,

Long Stride looked off into the distance, just to avoid looking towards Poppy for a second. “I used to always ask my mother what it was like being a Pegasus, to soar above the world and just forget it exists. She said it was a bit chilly.” He couldn't help but chuckle slightly at the memory. “She was a Pegasus after all, the kindest one you’ll meet in this part of the world. I guess it doesn't matter anymore.”

He glanced back towards his travel companion, her cycles of deep thought apparent on her face. “What was your family like? If your early life was anything like mine you’ll have plenty of stories.”

Edited by The-Master

((Sorry for the bad post... I'm so tired...))

HOUSE EVERFREE, EVERFREE FOREST EASTERN QUADRANT, 1701 HOURS, STANDOFF

Standoff very nearly dislocated Roseluck's jaw before catching himself and dropping his hoof. "Sorry, ma'am. I wasn't expecting that. Suppose I should have been a little more on-guard near a place called Tree-Top Towers. And yeah, I'm the Lady's pet strategist and snitch." Standoff's eye was on the bird. It flapped around Roseluck's head like a moon. "Vat an interestink specimen. Hey! How did you - sorry. Some weird magic. Apparently my... friend... is still getting a handle on his abilities. I swear I'm not crazy." If something like that happens again, I swear I will dig you out of there with a shrimp fork. So-ree! I vas just sinking, und zen I talked, und zen you talked! I don't know how I did it, I svear!

Standoff hadn't blushed in a long, long time, but he blushed now. If he could have maybe just whacked Roseluck a glancing blow with a rock and start this whole exchange over, he likely would have. Unfortunately, that would probably be seen as a sabotage attempt, and he liked being alive more than not being seen as crazy...

Roseluck raised an eyebrow, but evidently chose not to question how unusual the pony who stood before her was. "Well, I know you were supposed to be going to the Wildling Camp, but we've just received news from elsewhere in the forest. And I'll need to ask you a few questions, in place of Lady Fluttershy. If you'll come with me..." Roseluck trotted forward and grasped Standoff firmly. "Hold on, now," she told him calmly, then with a tug of the vine that was wrapped around her waist, both ponies were pulled straight up into the canopy of the trees...

Through the first thick layer of leaves they were pulled, until both ponies found themselves on a platform that was surprisingly steady for being so high up in the tree. And they gazed upon Tree Tops Towers. 

This community was bizarre. Houses were built into the trunks of trees, and thick tree branches snaked out from one tree to another, looping around each other to provide walkways between the trees. Both below and above them were thick layers of leaves, presumably to hide the canopy town from outsiders and pegasi scouts from nearby Stormwing territory. The distance between the roofleaves and the floorleaves was enough to give many resident pegasi room to fly about.

It appeared that Tree Tops was a favorite residence of some of the more important tribesponies. There were obviously important members of various tribes wandering about, wearing much finer furs and more highly-polished bone armor than most tribesponies. A few tribesponies were holding whispered conversation on a bough above them, and a beefy-looking pegasus was standing on the highest bough in the town, manipulating the vines that enabled non-pegasi to move from higher to lower boughs, and to the ground. A group of ponies near where they had landed looked at Roseluck, dipping their heads respectfully. "Druidess," they murmured. Their coats were not glossy like those of most ponies, but rather spiky and lethal-looking, and their manes were of thorns. Roseluck smiled at them, and turned to lead Standoff into one of the nearby houses. "You said something to Our Mother about bribing the dogs with gems, didn't you?" She asked as they walked inside. "How much do you know about them?"

Everfree Tribes - Ghastly Gorge Scout Camp

Evergreen trotted inside lazily, following the naga, and approached the table, carefully stepping over the still form of Hindsight. "What did he do?" She asked. 

While Cloud Chaser still looked exceptionally angry, a Rooter chief answered. "He saved the lives of many of our tribesponies." When Eve cast him a confused look, she elaborated. "He broke a deal with the Fillydelphia Gem Company to supply us with a portion of gems in return for timber and amenities. He probably saved us all, that mine is so heavily protected..."

Eve seemed surprisingly comfortable conversing casually with these important ponies. And with a flick of her ears, she announced, "Our Mother has arrived. And it sounds like she has plans."

All of the chieftains in the hut looked nervous. Fluttershy was planning on attacking the Gem Mines. They'd negated the need. What would she say?

Freelance - Golden Pines Pub

@AnonBrony

Cascade looked interested. "A bombing in Cloudsdale?" She paused in a thoughtful silence, then just calmly listened to the rest of the conversation. She shook her head. "We're all monsters. You have to be to make it through the day in these dark times." She did silently agree with Crystal though... There did seem to be more to this colt than met the eye. She looked a little uncomfortable, then nodded at Crystal. "Yeah, that's enough gossip. I need to get some supplies before I head back to the Lake. I wonder if anything's open yet." She stood up and slapped a few bits on the counter for their drinks, then nodded politely at the weirdo, and turned to leave the pub with Crystal Fire.

((She's not quite leaving town yet, so you have time to recruit her if you want.))

• Brohoof 1

House Moon and Star - Hoofington (home of the mushiest peas in Equestria...I think) 

@@AnonBrony@,

Kinetic held up his lighter, just an ordinary thing that he’d put together himself. “Sometimes when I get overly stressed, I tend to smoke. But I don’t have any with me. Ran out a while ago. Wouldn’t do it all the time, even with the advancements in medical magic and science. But it does help to ease some of my mental problems.”

He quickly added. “Seeing a psychiatrist won’t help. It’s fifteen years too late for that. Pity, though. Maybe they could figure out what’s wrong with me.” He leaned against a lamp post, absent-mindedly dismantling and rebuilding his lighter.

House Earthborn (Will walk 500 miles and they will walk 500 more)

Poppy hadn’t thought about her family, besides her obsession with avenging them, in years. “I don’t remember. I know they were kind and caring, but Mom was always melancholy for some reason. And I never found out why. Dad used to be a guard, then he retired to spend time with us. My sisters… well, we acted like any sisters would. But that’s all I can remember… They didn’t deserve to die in that flood.” What few memories she could bring to mind brought tears to her eyes. Had she been alone, she would have broken down completely. Maybe this was worse, trying to put on a brave face when all you want to do is cry.

@@

Everfree Tribes - Ghastly Gorge Scout Camp - Central Treewatch

Anything in this is just thoughts ( ' Thoughts. ' )

( ' Heh knew she was an important one, skilled druids aren't common enough to waste after all. ' ) so Shadow (Relieved that he managed to hold the door open for the right ponies this time...) moved over to sit behind Evergreen (He made faint noise so she was aware of where he was.) so that he could listen to the plan. Though he was a bit annoyed by the callers trying to undersell what they had given up for those few gems, so he leaned in (Again making sure that she was aware of his movement.) and whispered in her ear in a low tone so it wasn't audible to anyone but her. "The wraith mare is unhappy and believes that Lady Fluttershy will be unhappy with the callers actions and thinks that selling bits of the forest will offend the Leige." ( ' Which it probably would. ' ) "The callers seem think that the gems are worth more than the portion of the forest that we are giving up... Ehh i think at least the wraith kinda silenced the young caller before he finished talking." After trying to inform her of the whole situation he stepped back and lazily lay down seemingly not paying attention to the proceedings. (But he is, hes just trying not to draw attention to himself. (He tried to inform Evergreen of the whole picture so that she knows the whole thing.))

Edited by Tricksters Pride

@@AnonBrony,

Star Rain gave a small laugh at his line. "Seriously, aren't formalities kind of unnecessary between friends?" she said with an amused face. "Unless of course it's in public…" she mumbled with a frustrated look.

Though what's up with that staff? I can sense magic of some kind, but what? She then remembered the green aura around the book that made up Eternity's cutie mark, which matched the color of the orb. ​I wonder… "Hey, where did you get that?" she asked, pointing to the staff on his back.

@@AnonBrony,@@Tricksters Pride,@@Steel Accord,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Wall - Eastern Military Facility 

Fancypants took this time to establish a telepathic connection with some pony from the Arcane District. When he was done, he returned his attention to the Merchant Queen and the three mercenaries. "Alright, so you understand the mission? Good," he said briskly. 

He then stole a blink-and-you'll-miss glance at Steel. He seemed like the kind who believed in traditional fairy-tales, the kind that had the dragon, the captured maiden, and the noble knight in shining armor. He had enjoyed those tales as a little colt, but in this world, the tales are all a lie. He sighed, then he heard a two books and something else drop next to him.

One of them was the illusion spell book that he had requested. The second book was, for some reason, a book about sewing and fashion. The thing that came with them was a sewing kit, big enough to fit into one's pocket. He gave an amused sigh and said softly, "My Lady, you are truly perplexing…"

• Brohoof 1

@@MagicalStarRain

Eternity smiled at Star's comment, yet continued to walk down the hall. "Yes, I suppose. But you are still my pupil after all and I am your Mentor. No. I am your Master. From now on you shall address me as Master Eternity." Eternity smiled again then proceeded to chuckle. "I am kidding. We don't have to be formal with each other. Unless you want too. Master Eternity does have a good ring to it." Eternity chuckled again.

At the mention of her next question, he nearly stopped in place. He was a bit surprised. The question did sort of come out of no where. But Star is a curious  pony, just like he is. It was inevitable that she would ask about the Staff. The Staff he received after he lost he brother in the fire that burnt down his home as a young colt. He still doesn't know how the staff found it's way into the rubble of the burnt home but it did, and that's where he found it. He hasn't really used it much since then. All he knows it that the staff helps with casting magic. Now, he wasn't going to tell Star exactly how he found it, so he decided to bend the truth just a small bit. 

"Uhhhh... it's a hand-me-down. It used to belong to my brother. I got it from him. After he..." Eternity stopped there. The staff did belong to his brother, he wasn't sure where he got it though and he never really saw him use it either. 

(I forget if Star knows about his brother's death. And also the aura in his cutie mark is the same color as the orb on his staff, but its the same as his normal aura too remember? :P )  

@@MagicalStarRain@@AnonBrony@@Steel Accord

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Wall - Eastern Military Facility (Gear sewing..... Gah BRAIN BLEACH!!!)

(Seriously Star Rarity wants a master ironsmith from Germaney who creates deadly mechanical monstrosities (and Vickers.) to sew... This will not end well. (And you owe me brain bleach...) Oh and its more like 2 mercenaries and a field scientist... is that a demotion?)

Gear notices the spellbook and is a bit surprised. "Oh i had expected to get a crappy half written spell that i would have to improvise from... Though i am quite happy to receive an entire spell book." she quickly moves the book over to her table with her magic. (No Tradebacks!!!) Its far better not to question good fortune in Whitegold, inspect and over-analyze till you find a motive yes but don't pass up any advantage your given. "This book wouldn't happen to have a magic missile spell would it cause i've been looking for one of those....." she seems to find the title of the second book perplexing and hesitates before asking about it. "Umm is this one for Dorado? Hes the only one of us who seems to have a sense of fashion... or maybe Accord?"   ' I'm a blacksmith i make weapons and armor... but i think making clothes is out of my line of expertise. '

Edited by Tricksters Pride
  • Brohoof 1

House Earthborn @@Windbreaker

‘The flood…’

It rattled around in his mind like a hornet disturbed from its slumber. Sights and sounds he had buried long ago began to resurface. He could still see it, all of it. The gathering of the clouds, three great cities in the sky. “I was there, all those years ago…  I was there when it happened. I was so afraid, I couldn’t stay with them.”

Long Stride lost all expression from his face. “So I fled. I could have stayed, I could have helped, but I left them. Some survived, but not many. We took the western road towards the Everfree, hoping for shelter from the night. I couldn’t enter that cursed woodland, but they were desperate. Ponies do strange things when they’re desperate.”

“So here I am.” He gestured a hoof to the soldiers around them. “I abandoned the refugees, took the road south and wound up in Appaloosa with a recruitment slip waved in my face. I had nothing to lose.” The silence that followed only served to increase the growing tension. “That’s who I am. I lie, cheat and abandon all so I can wallow another day in self-pity.”

@@Tricksters Pride, @@MagicalStarRain,   @@Steel Accord,

Dorado still wasn't to fond with magic. He was glad that Gear has her illusion spell to hide her horn so she won't endanger the mission, but he didn't really care about any other spell that might be in that book. By this point he just wanted to leave and get the mission started. However, the two other 'gifts' that were sent to them did intrigue Dorado. 

"Now that you have your spell. Are we ready to leave yet? Si? Bueno. You two go on a ahead. We will travel on hoof to Fillydelphia. I wish to have a quick word with the General." Yes he was rushing things but frankly he didn't care if Gear had any further questions about the book.

If the other two left like he said he would speak with Fancypants. "General, let's say if you were to accidentally send me Steel's share of the reward, instead of giving it to him, there may be a little something something in it for you. I'm just saying." He didn't wait for a response from Fancy. Dorado wasn't demanding or asking him, it was more of a what if thing. If Fancy does this, Fancy get extra bits. If not oh well., not bits fro Fancy. Dorado then glanced down at the sewing kit and book. "And I will just take these two things off your hooves too." He then proceeded out of the closet with out closing the door as he left. "Yes! I've needed a new sewing kit after I-..." Dorado realized he didn't close the door meaning Fancy and Tiara just heard what he said. "After... I... uhhh..." He couldn't think of an excuse so he just closed the closet door slowly leaving the two ponies in there, then he ran after to catch up to his companions.  

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

@@MagicalStarRain,

Steel looked to the spell book, happy that Gear was given a way to disguise her nature from those who would harm her, but was slightly confused as to why they were also supplied a book on sewing as well as the supplies needed.

Steel looked at the book curiously and began to page through it.

"Interesting." He said to himself. 

@@Tricksters Pride,

"If you don't mind, my lady, I think I'll give this a read on our way to Fillydelphia." Steel gave the General one last salute and the Bitc- . . . Diamond Tiara one reluctant nod of recognition before following Gear out the door.

As the trio walked to the Manehatten city limits, Steel found himself engrossed in the knowledge of the book he had propped on his wing. The text instructed on sewing like a delicate craft that took loving care to practice. In some ways, it wasn't unlike Steel's own sword craft. How one would knit the same way he would do a quick twirling parry, tacking a ribbon on like he would put an enemy's weapon into a bind, and so on.

"So, before we leave the city proper, anypony need to pick up anything?" Steel asked his fellows off hoof-edly without looking up from his reading.

• Brohoof 1