Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mountain In The Forest

Feather Gem

@@Gloomfury,

Chrysalis sat in the available chair; why there was an empty chair in the kitchen she had no idea. She leaned back casually, like this was another regular thing for her. "It was shortly after the attack. The one on Canterlot. I was stuck in this wretched forest with absolutely nothing. No food no shelter. We were all starving. Until that irritating hybrid came along. We agreed not to kill eachother."

@

"I see." He says as he puts the meat in the juice to marinade. Then he got started on the rice for the curry. "Must have been really hard on you. Having to watch your children starve. I know what it's like. I've been to a few places where I've seen the same thing. But I'm sure it was a lot harder for you." He gives her an understanding look then goes back to cooking.

@@Gloomfury,

"I suppose." The queen ended her sentence. She had no reason to be sad, or at least show that she was sad. "But I'm going to make sure that it doesn't happen again." She leaned forward on her chair and put on her thinking face, the face she always puts on when thinking.

@

"Well good luck, darling. But I think it would be easier if you just do a sit down with Celly and ask if she could help you. I know it may seem like you're yielding to the enemy but you got to think about your children. That or you could just tell your children to go out and search for someone to fall in love with them then they will have their own source of love and they might find happiness as well. Or you could just leave Equestria and get a fresh start somewhere else."

@,

"Well good luck, darling. But I think it would be easier if you just do a sit down with Celly and ask if she could help you. I know it may seem like you're yielding to the enemy but you got to think about your children. That or you could just tell your children to go out and search for someone to fall in love with them then they will have their own source of love and they might find happiness as well. Or you could just leave Equestria and get a fresh start somewhere else."

"What?" Chrysalis gave a look of complete and utter confusion. "Are you serious? You are aren't you?" Out of all the things he could have thought of he thought of that. The idea sounded kind of absurd.

"HA! And where would I go, hmm? Ewuestria is the perfect place to be. Everything about it is perfect! And even if I could get access to Canterlot I could never strike a deal with her!

@

"I don't know. Germaneigh I guess. And you could say you want piece with her or something. But sens you ain't too keen about those choices you could go with the second one. Tell your children to go fall in love with someone and they get their own source of love and... blah blah blah." He waves a hoof uncaringly. He then put the meat on the frying pan and puts some of the marinade in with it. "Gods be damned that smells heavenly."

Edited by Gloomfury

(edited)

@,

Chamois looked over to see the tunnel that she hadn’t noticed before.  She blinked at it.

"Where did---"

Then, she shut her mouth and decided that it was best to overlook.  Just like the ponies in Ponyville would murmur to each other to not question Pinkie Pie's antics, this seemed surprisingly similar even when both ponies were very different from each other.

For one thing, Pinkie Pie wouldn't foalnap her.

Actually...nevermind, nevermind.

"Oh no.  You're nothing like them," Chamois said, starting towards the dark tunnel.

No pony was like him.

Edited by Feather Gem

@,

"I don't know. Germaneigh I guess. And you could say you want piece with her or something. But sens you ain't too keen about those choices you could go with the second one. Tell your children to go fall in love with someone and they get their own source of love and... blah blah blah." He waves a hoof uncaringly. He then put the meat on the frying pan and puts some of the marinade in with it. "Gods be damned that smells heavenly."

Chrysalis stared at him. "See! Even you don't care now!" She commented at the uncaring wave hoof. "And anyway it's not that simple. I can't just tell them to leave and find a pony!" She then fell into a grumble. "Not as if were exactly "loved" by anypony out there. We're just shamed."

@,

Fire looked at the old king, her wheezing had slowed as she could breathe, and the pain in her ribs dulled slightly, her body used to the abuse. Though she did need to get up, she shouldn't be putting pressure on them in case the bones may split and pierce her heart or something else vital. 

She got up, and faced the old forgotten king head on. 

"Go ahead talk, I'll listen, all you things ever do is monolouge anyway. "

@,

"Sometimes it's easier to not care. And you guys are master of disguises, right? So tell them to make up there original pony, griffin or whatever they want to be. Then tell them to stay as that one being from now on. See? But some might want to show the someone they fell for their true self you can tell them they can do that but they got to completely trust them first. And shame only works if you let it affect you."

@@Gloomfury,

Now she was getting irritated. "It doesn't work like that You can't just make up a pony and suddenly become them. You have to see and hear that pony before you can take their form." she sighed, rather contempt with Gloom. "Just don't tell me how to do things and I won't tell you how to do things."

@

Gloom just shrugs. "As you wish, darling." He flips the meat in the pot and starts cooking it for a little bit longer. He then took out his flask and poured a little on top of it and then puts it back in his bag. Then he went over to check on the rice and curry. "Alright it's almost done. Be a saint and get some plates and spoons." He says as he goes back to the meat and starts cutting it up.

@@Gloomfury,

Even though it had happened a mere twice; chrysalis was getting annoyed of him calling her "Darling"

"Yeah. OK." She mumbled, going over to wherever the plates were. She tried to magic open the cabinet, except she simply got a faint flickering of her horn; which was both worrying and irritating. She tried again, nothing. Rather than trying a third time, she just pulled them out and took the two plates over. that worked.

@@Miss Reaper,

"I'm a madpony, not an idiot." He looked up at the alicorn. "As much as I enjoy the night, I know that everlasting night would kill us all. And I'd hate for me to be dead." Demence grinned. She was easily angered. So much so that it was fun. He wondered what had made her that way, before remembering the mention of Discord, which simply made is grin widen.

@@Feather Gem,

"Really! Do try to think about it dear..." The walls of the tunnel darkened further: images of the scenes he described: of Equestria under the rule of the three other villains. "Look at this! Eternal Night? No thank you! Where's the fun there?" He shooed the image away.

"Slavery? Boring! And don't even get me started on the changelings - I mean, Chrissy can be fun from time to time but really, she needs a holiday or something... and the others are just... have you ever seen a changeling laugh? No, me neither!" He shook his head and waved away yet more of the pictures - leaving only ones of King Sombra's rule remaining as Discord continued to lament the changeling race's distinct lack of humor. "So sad, the little buzzy fellows never seem crack a joke... I mean you ponies always take things so seriously but at least you can appreciate humor for what it is on occasion! I don't want Equestria conquered any more than you do!"

He shifted though the air to appear slightly ahead of her in the hall, looking over a picture of a particularly grand Draconequus sitting atop a throne of madness, sipping at a glass of chocolate rain. Instead of him speaking however, the painting continued for him.

"Surely you must agree, even if you don't care for my methods?" It asked, reaching out to offer the glass of painted milk.

@,

Gloom saw Chrysalises try and fail to use her magic. But He thought it was best to not say anything. Everyone has their pride they want to keep. He puts the cut meat in with the curry and mixes it a bit. He takes one of the plates from her."Thanks, lass." HE then puts some of the rice on it then poured some of the curry on it and hoofs it back to her. "Eat up."

@,

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!"  Sombra's voice was stern and commanding as he yelled at the mare with great volume.  Striding around the military unicorn in a circle he continued, "I can see it in your eyes; that raging fire with how it feels to kill.  You keep Equestria safe by dispatching of the enemies you face..."  right then he paused for a minute or two, and stopped right in-front of the mare; a stern look in his eyes, "You've lost ponies that were close to you, your original Spec Ops team and many others; you felt hatred for the side you fought against and what do you do for all this...kill others and take orders."  

"I'm here to offer you something, the chance of a lifetime to participate in the greatest siege to ever be developed, you will have more power than you could ever dream of.  Accept and you will be in ponies memories for all eternity, deny and I will have no choice but to break you down...you will lose yourself forever."

Edited by Midnight-Inferno

@

"You fool!" the dark mare snapped, forgetting any and all pretense of kindness as her temper exploded; her plans shattered from the force of her own emotions. Being so caught up in her own resentment and selfish desires, she never did stop to think of the consequences that might result from bringing about eternal night. All she had ever wanted was to make ponies appreciate the beauty which she put so much effort into every single night. How she meticulously arranged the stars into constellations and patterns, making certain that each was perfectly in place.

No pony ever seemed to realize that, though! They always slept away the night, waiting for the brilliance of her sister's sun. They always ignored the stars that she worked so hard to arrange just so. She wanted to make others appreciate that, even if it meant making the night last indefinitely!

But of course, there were the neigh-sayers. And when this zebra, Demence, voiced what she would never accept, she lost nearly all control.

The shadows seemed to suddenly engulf the area, smothering the light. Nightmare Moon's figure was plainly seen, however, saving just enough light to allow herself to be seen in all her intimidating glory as her bright turquoise eyes glowed.

Her mane lunged forward like a serpent, wrapping around the zebra's limbs as well as his throat. The grip of the magic swiftly became uncomfortably tight as she yanked him closer. She then lowered her head slightly so that her face was level with his, making certain that he saw her wrath written across her features.

"Listen closely, Demence," she hissed, seething his name as if it were a curse. "You know whom you are speaking to, yes? Madpony or no, you should have the sense to know that it is not a wise idea to anger a powerful entity such as I." A malicious grin then slowly spread across her face, twisting her features while her eyes still burned bright. "I presume you've heard the rumors about me... Would you like to see whether or not there is truth to them?"

@,

Chamois pursed her lips together as she stared at the painted glass of milk being offered to her. 

I don't think he'd starve you, Vine.  You don’t have to take it for that reason.  But...you could try and get on his good side at least.  Here’s step one.

She very slowly reached forward to take it.  She wasn’t surprised when she was able to do so and received a solid glass of the light brown liquid.  She looked up at the Discord standing beside her and then at the painting, deliberating who she was supposed to speak to.  Finally, she just spoke to her milk, which she nonchalantly twirled around in her hoof without drinking.

"Eternal night seems rather stupid.  Without sunlight the plants would all die and we would soon follow it..."

You're being too serious, Vine.  You're being boring. 

"Um...a-and..." Chamois stammered, trying to figure out what to say next.  Eventually, she just spoke without bothering to think about what was coming out of her mouth.  "Well, yeah!  The other two are just boring.  With either, you're going to end up walking around like a zombie either because of getting bossed around all the time or having your emotions all devoured up by some bug thing.  I kind of enjoy my freedom and my emotions, thank you very much."

...what...?

@@Feather Gem,

"Aha! Maybe I wasn't so wrong after all? Hmm? Maybe this little artist is capable of keeping an open mind?"

He chuckled to himself, looking more pleased than before - his cheshire-cat smile seemingly warmer and more genuine. Not much, but a little. Dismissing the illusions - much to the aparant anger of the painted discord - he motioned ahead again - in the direction of the raised voices.

"Okay, okay, I admit it, perhaps a small number of the things I have done might possibly be considered on the... slightly more mean side of madness..." He declared, waving dramatically about as he did for emphasis. "... but really, what ponies didn't understand about me could fill a book. Several actually! You can drink that milk, you know? Embodiment of Chaos itself - poisons would be a tad primitive, don't you think?"

He winked.

"Anyway! As I was saying: if only someone would actually listen long enough to make their own decisions about me rather than say, running for the Elements of Harmony whenever Celestia says so, they might be surprised by what they hear - that's all in saying!"

Edited by Cinderscribe

@@Gloomfury

Chrysalis sat down somewhere with her plate, and put it in front of her. The food was ineteresting in appearance. It was a mix of foods and other things she had no idea existed. Certainly better than what she was used to. There was also that smell. It was simply... Amazing! she wasn't going to say that bit of course; but it was very true. Every mix of basic and complex smells just melted together to make something that was beyond comprehension. She could probably just sit here and smell it all day and it would be better than actually eating the thing!

@,

Gloom makes his own plate and sits next to Chrysalis. He looks over to her and noticed the hungry look in her eyes and the little bit of drool in her hanging mouth. She chuckles. "I know that the smell is good. But wait till you give it a taste It will really knock you out." He says before he starts eating himself.

@@Gloomfury

Chrysalis was so entranced by the food that she hardly noticed the question. Where the hell could she start? it all looked good but she didn't actually know where to begin. Shifting down to see the food from more of a landscape point of view, Chrysalis decided to think. She thought that she would start on. It would be better if she just put a bit of everything in her mouth at once. Picking a small mix of everything on her fork, and taking a bite, the queen was in fact blown completely away by the taste.

"Well." Chrysalis said through chewing. "That is... extraordinary!"

@

That made Gloom's smile grow. "Well I'm glad you like it. And there's a lot more so eat up." He takes a bite himself and nods. "I didn't have a lot to work with but I think it turned out pretty well. And I told you the salt locks in the flavor of the meat. Plus the salt adds a little more to it."He says as he takes another bite.

@,

Chamois slowly walked ahead with the odd creature.  They seemed to be going towards the direction of raised voices.  She wasn't sure if she wanted to or not, but she didn't really have a choice.

He did reassure her a bit about the milk though.  She moved the glass towards her mouth and cautiously dipped her tongue in to taste before taking a small sip of it.  She hated to admit it to herself, and certainly wouldn't admit it to anypony else, but it tasted much better than any milk she'd gotten anyplace else.

"Well..." Chamois said, still under the direction of the voice in her head.  "I'm listening."

She detested this.