Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Minimum Character Limit is dead*

Lavo

We hate it,  you hate it, everyone hates it. So today I'm announcing that the minimum character limit is practically dead. All forums with the exception of three now have a minimum of 20 characters, which should be pretty damn hard to not reach.

The three forums that are not exempt from this change and remain how they were are Roleplay (200), Advanced Roleplay (800), and Debate Pit (100).

Just remember if your post is off-topic, extremely low quality or needlessly shor we're still going to penalize it under off-topic this new change isn't a green signal to spam the forums.

Also something to note is that the Character Minimum Violation still exists and will be handed out when needed if you somehow manage to not hit it or hit the limit in a forum where it is more of a problem.

Now, if you don't mind. I'm going to go back and hide in my cave.

• Brohoof 83

It begins...

(I would leave it there but this damn 20 character limit is now in place stopping me. :P )

Edited by Jamiequadbike
  • Brohoof 21

I'm still going to write all my posts so that they're above 100 characters, just for tradition. :) Means I can continue doing those long-winded posts that I love to write. Just need to get into it; loads more ideas for my posts grow from when I hit 100 characters.

Oh, and yeah - behave yourself with this limit folks ;)

• Brohoof 17

I personally would've been happy with 50 for most sections and at least 100 for Life Advice. 

But let's see how this works out first.  smile.png

I'm still going to write all my posts so that they're above 100 characters, just for tradition. smile.png Means I can continue doing those long-winded posts that I love to write. Just need to get into it; loads more ideas for my posts grow from when I hit 100 characters.

Oh, and yeah - behave yourself with this limit folks wink.png

I am a very proliferative wall of text writer.  But you already know that.  :D

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

I feel as though i should utilize the fact that I could post a 20 character post here and be fine now, but well.....

That probably won't happen xD.

Comeon... you all know i'm was to long winded(And boring) to actually post a 20 charactor post....

Well except if i'm really feeling it.... which is quite rare...

Or forum games.

Of course i know others aren't as long winded and boring as me... SOoo yeah i'm still ok with the change, its not like its going to make it so I can't post long posts, i just don't have to.

But i still will ;p.

• Brohoof 1

I'm kind of ambivalent about this, myself. Yay that I don't have to go out of my way to pad out statements that only take a brief sentence, but it still was a good tool for discouraging folks who only signed up to spam the shit outta the place. I'd have opted for a min that diminishes as you ascend rank (i.e., as you prove yourself capable of making meaningful posts), but I'm not a coder, so I don't know how difficult such a system may or may not be to implement, so...

• Brohoof 8

I noticed that, like, five minutes ago when I was writing in a different part of the forum!

I agree that it'll be pretty damn hard not to reach TWENTY characters!

I get the feeling I'll still write 100 character replies because I got SO used to them bahaha :D