Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

One funny thing to consider about Spike and Rarity and Humans

Bendy

Spike is not a Pony (duh) nor is he is of proper age to date Rarity. Magic fix him from growing to big, blah blah blah.

By a specist point of view, shouldn't Spike be killed by an angry mob of bigoted Ponies against sapient interspecies relationships?

The funny thing is that doesn't happen in the show itself. And Spike almost looks Human, therefor wouldn't Ponies not be xenophobic to Human and Pony partnerships? The controversy would be insane if they ever did this in the show itself.

----------------------------

If we don't want close relationships nor interspecies partnerships we could go all Imperium of Man genocidal from Warhammer on Ponies and other non Humans sapient species, therefor make anti interspecies relationships people happy . XD

Edited by Rush

If ponies were against human and pony relationships, they would probably just kill the humans so that the relationship is gone permanently. As for the humans point of view, same scenario.

I don't entirely understand what you're saying, so forgive me if I misinterpreted.

Equestria and Earth have particularly big differences. For one, many species in Equestria can speak the same language as ponies, and thus it may even be more accurate to compare different species in Equestria to different races on Earth.

A closer comparison to human Rarity and dog Spike would be pony Applejack and dog Winona.

Therefore, assuming humans can communicate with ponies, ponies would probably not be against romantic relationships with them. Humans, on the other hand, would likely be against it due to our long-standing impression that horses cannot speak.

Not sure if you're trying to piss people off or...perhaps it's a kids show and wasn't met for hypothetical situations such as what you just said? I mean, the whole thing is based off of friendship and magic. 

Spike is quite a bit younger than the other ponies (they were all around Apple Bloom's age when he was hatched), so there's nothing really weird about it. Even in RL, it's common and normal for a younger kid to have a bad crush on an older person, even though the older one might not return the sentiments in the same way. Rarity treats spike more like a little brother she loves or even as a very young best friend, which is pretty much exactly how it happens in real life too.

As for the interspecies thing, I don't think Equestria has problems like that. Everypony is tolerant and loving, and it's a much more innocent world.

TBH I figured the age difference is questionable since they mention that dragons do age differently depending on their surroundings and attitude. Such as how he grew rather fast when he became enamored with material possessions.

Interspecies though.. Probably similar reactions to humans in many ways. But then again the same might be true for earth pony and Pegasi, or Unicorn mixes. Its only been mentioned once TMK, but never actually shown.

Unless you count that technically Cadence was a pegasus before she was Alicorn

Equestria and Earth have particularly big differences. For one, many species in Equestria can speak the same language as ponies, and thus it may even be more accurate to compare different species in Equestria to different races on Earth.

Heh.. gotta be careful with the "Equestria is not earth" style thing there.

They've referenced it as earth in roundabout manners a few times (Earth ponies), and directly at least once in the comics (when they were pulling the moon closer, Celestia called it earth)

Just poking fun, nothing serious :P

Edited by GrimCW