Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introducing Canterlot Arcade - Where Games meet the Players

Marcato

*Walks up on to the stage tapping a mic.*

Erm… Feld0 you sure this’ll work?

Chill. You got this.

*Heavy sigh* Okay. Let’s do this...

Hello ponies of the MLP Forums and Poniverse! Welcome to my thread. A thread which has had hours and hours of time placed into it as a spider weaves its web. A single thread to link between worlds what is to be announced as the next project of the Poniverse network.

This single thread among a webby network of sites shall connect a project that has been under development for several months now. A project that has been in thought and planning for very long, but only recently has at last been brought to pass. (Are you sick of the spider thread puns yet?)

Thus without any further delay, allow me to introduce everyone to our new friend…

Canterlot Arcade

Where Games meet the Players

(LOGO TO BE MADE)

Now let me see… where to begin…

Ah yes.

In a basement in the ground, there lived an idea. One of not an unoriginal concept, as it had been heard of before, but never brought to light the possibility. Until however, a small team of gamers discovered the merit in this idea; an idea for a brony focused community revolving around purely gaming. A gamer focused community.

This team started in low, and then it started to grow…

(Can YOU count all the references?)

Allow me to introduce you to Canterlot Arcade

Canterlot Arcade is a high-quality gaming network dedicated to bronies, scheduled for release on December 21st. CADE seeks to provide a fun and engaging community of game servers centered on a unique and enjoyable experience for all types of gamers. With a focused team of staff members, cross-server chat and custom server mods that keep gameplay fair, Canterlot Arcade is bent at bringing competitive and casual gamers alike together.

Our goal with Canterlot Arcade? Make a brony gaming community that will provide the best of all worlds, be it casual, competitive, and/or communal. From small to large, from intense to laid back. We aim to provide something for all kinds of gamers.

What will Canterlot Arcade include?

With such an ambitious goal in mind, Canterlot Arcade needs a lot of gaming servers. And I mean a whole damn lot.

However we can only do so much before our release date, which is just barely less than a month away! For this reason, I’ll point out what will be available upon release.

Servers for the following games:

·         Minecraft

·         TF2 (Team Fortress 2)

·         Counter Strike: Global Offensive

·         Garry’s Mod

These games will have multiple servers for each, expanding as they grow in popularity. Upon release, CADE’s Minecraft section will have at least one server dedicated to classic vanilla survival. TF2 will have at least two servers, a competitive “vanilla” server and a fun-focused casual server. Counter Strike will have at least one server dedicated to the Deathmatch gameplay style, and finally Garry’s Mod will have a standard server for stock sandbox gameplay.

Cross-Server Public IRC Chat

Let’s face facts. People like to talk to one another, especially through chatrooms. Now MLP Forums has an eternal vendetta against any form of chat system or instant messaging. Well, CADE isn’t MLP Forums now, is it?

Canterlot Arcade will have built into each server an IRC client that will connect to a game-server-specific IRC channel. This will allow players in and out of the game to communicate and discuss things. What’s better is that this client will be completely optional for the players in the game. They can easily disable it on their end by typing in a simple command. Because not all of us feel like talking to people while battling creepers and face-blasting people with a gun.

In addition, there will also be CADE’s global channels, which will allow for people not in any specific game to chat. Yes, you are all invited. But not until the 21st of December. Sorry~!

Dedicated [CADE] Sub-Forum

Really, people do love to talk to one another. So of course we’re going to have a section here on the MLP Forums solely dedicated to Canterlot Arcade. This will be a place for discussing and sharing things about the servers, finding news and updates, and discussion suggestions for the future of CADE.

“Anything else, Marcato?”

img-2006534-1-413px-CelestiaShrug.png

I don’t know…

Why don’t you tell me?

At Canterlot Arcade we have the gamers in mind, always. So for that reason we are fully open to suggestions for the future of Canterlot Arcade. I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions. We would love to hear your ideas and suggestions. Just keep in mind though, we can only do so much! (We are human believe it or not.)

“That’s all fine and dandy… but what about a central hub?”

Well, that is what Canterlot Arcade is meant to be, thus you can expect a dedicated website to go along with Canterlot Arcade’s servers. This website will be the prime location for updates and changes made, keeping track of events (which will happen frequently) and following gameplay stats of players and the servers.

“Who's working on it though?”

Canterlot Arcade also has a team of dedicated staff, selected from individuals on our steam group and staff who displayed interest in operating our up and coming servers and who know what their doing.

The users we currently have working on Canterlot Arcade are as follows:

*Minecraft, TF2, CS:GO, G-Mod, Other

Our new staff among this list are:

• Sky Song
  • Jerry
  • Ella Smith
  • Hylian Madness

“How can I help?”

Do yourself a favor. Go to the steam group right now and join it. Until CADE is released that is the place where updates will likely be posted. Stay tuned there for pre-release exclusive events and call outs for help on various things. We’ll try to keep you posted as best as we can.

Canterlot Arcade is scheduled for release on December 21st, just in time for the holidays.

So much for that Christmas dinner with your family.

• Brohoof 33

Interesting... so this is what you've been working on, eh Marcato? img-2027957-1-smile.png  Not a PC gamer myself, so I probably won't have any use for the servers upon launch, and I'm guessing that Canterlot Arcade will never be able to expand to hosting servers for console gaming platforms (for obvious reasons), but might I make a suggestion?  What if, sometime down the road once CADE is all up and running, you had subsections within the sub-forum of CADE dedicated to console-gaming related activities, be it clan set-up/activities, casual console gaming set-up, etc.?  Just a thought.  Of course, you could already have plenty of this in mind yourselves, I don't know.  Just thought I'd make this suggestion since you asked for some input.  Sounds like you've put together a really cool project, and I cannot wait to see the final result! img-2027957-2-derpy_emoticon1.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

So finally you got it posted :P

I'm sure it's something many users here is going to like. I won't use it personally since I don't play much games, but I bet it was a great surprise for everyone :)

• Brohoof 1

Interesting... so this is what you've been working on, eh Marcato? img-2027957-1-smile.png  Not a PC gamer myself, so I probably won't have any use for the servers upon launch, and I'm guessing that Canterlot Arcade will never be able to expand to hosting servers for console gaming platforms (for obvious reasons), but might I make a suggestion.  What if, sometime down the road once CADE is all up and running, you had subsections within the sub-forum of CADE dedicated to console-gaming related activities, be it clan set-up/activities, casual console gaming set-up, etc.?  Just a thought.  Of course, you could already have plenty of this in mind yourselves, I don't know.  Just thought I'd make this suggestion since you asked for some input.  Sounds like you've put together a really cool project, and I cannot wait to see the final result! img-2027957-2-derpy_emoticon1.png

We fully intend on eventually expanding out horizons to a point where people can organize co-op games with each other, with games that don't use servers and other sorts of gaming. :) 

E.g. people will be able to plan or organize a small group of say 4 people to play a game of Worms: Armageddon or 2 people to play Portal 2.

• Brohoof 1

Sounds quite interesting, nice to see a new project in the works to add to the ponyverse site group. Hopefully things go well! Maybe i'll pop in sometime on something, even if i only have TF2 and minecraft out of that list, and my current computer isn't exactly... Optimal ;p.

But regardless i may pop in sometime when it comes around.

Also, i'd like to ask a question, is this going to mean that Canterlot arcade will replace all game discussions that take place here on the forums? Or will this only take all games in canterlot arcade and take the discussion on those games into canterlot arcade.? Or will it just mean all the game discussion topics are moved to canterlot arcade's section? 

Basically what is going to happen to the game related discussion topics? Are they being moved to a seperate Canterlot arcade site? Or are they simply being moved with Canterlot arcade's forum section? Or are they simply to remain?

Just asking questions since i'm a little unsure if i get what will be happening to those topics. 

Overall sounds promising though! Best of luck to everyone whos working on the project!

• Brohoof 1

Sounds quite interesting, nice to see a new project in the works to add to the ponyverse site group. Hopefully things go well! Maybe i'll pop in sometime on something, even if i only have TF2 and minecraft out of that list, and my current computer isn't exactly... Optimal ;p.

But regardless i may pop in sometime when it comes around.

Also, i'd like to ask a question, is this going to mean that Canterlot arcade will replace all game discussions that take place here on the forums? Or will this only take all games in canterlot arcade and take the discussion on those games into canterlot arcade.? Or will it just mean all the game discussion topics are moved to canterlot arcade's section? 

Basically what is going to happen to the game related discussion topics? Are they being moved to a seperate Canterlot arcade site? Or are they simply being moved with Canterlot arcade's forum section? Or are they simply to remain?

Just asking questions since i'm a little unsure if i get what will be happening to those topics. 

Overall sounds promising though! Best of luck to everyone whos working on the project!

I honestly don't see why not, it'll probably be discussed though first. Really though CADE's subforum might as well be or have a section dedicated to general game discussion. It is a pretty big topic.

I just feel bad for the person who has to sift through all the MEDIA threads and move the game ones to the new section. (Inb4 Chaotic Discord)

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't see why not, it'll probably be discussed though first. Really though CADE's subforum might as well be or have a section dedicated to general game discussion. It is a pretty big topic.

I just feel bad for the person who has to sift through all the MEDIA threads and move the game ones to the new section. (Inb4 Chaotic Discord)

Alright, thanks for the clarification, i was just kinda confused ;p. 

And yeah game discussion is a pretty big discussion topic, it being its own section could probably be justified. 

Moving all the topics sounds like a pain to do...

but we always have sla... I mean CD for that... right? ;p.

It doesn't have to be that way, I was just wondering since i wasn't quite sure after reading the OP, but thanks for the clarification Marcato!

• Brohoof 1

I'm looking forward to playing some Minecraft once the new biomes come out. I've stopped playing Minecraft for quite some time but if new biomes do come out, I'll definitely start playing it again. 

Counter Strike Global Offensive on the other hand is one of my favourite FPS games and I'll be playing that a lot as well!

I'm looking forward to playing some Minecraft once the new biomes come out. I've stopped playing Minecraft for quite some time but if new biomes do come out, I'll definitely start playing it again. 

Counter Strike Global Offensive on the other hand is one of my favourite FPS games and I'll be playing that a lot as well!

If you're talking about Minecraft 1.7, that's done.

If you're talking about Minecraft 1.7, that's done.

Well I ain't gonna play Minecraft until they have volcanos and other sorts of islands because I've played over 500 hours and it just isn't entertaining no more, even with somewhat "new" biomes and this new Mesa biome.

Well I ain't gonna play Minecraft until they have volcanos and other sorts of islands because I've played over 500 hours and it just isn't entertaining no more, even with somewhat "new" biomes and this new Mesa biome.

There are mods for things like that.

There are mods for things like that.

True, but the only mod I'm willing to use is the shaders mod. After the new update, installing mods manually is such a pain. There are pros and cons to it though so it's not all that bad.