Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would mlp fim be going the direction that it is if the bronies had not surfaced?

zlogi

Would mlp fim be going the direction that it is if us bronies never came to be a fandom? If it wasnt for us would there even have been a season 4, or would hasbro have ended it at 3?

We have probably been part of the reason for a few of the events in the show but how much have we really affected how mlp fim has developed with all of our conventions and forums?

post-15739-0-75258000-1385309094.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Season 3 would have been very different I think.

A lot of Season 3 was dictated by bronys I feel, it was like reference city! 

A lot of merch would not have happened either, things like the manga and comics wouldn't have happened.

There would probably be far less continuity.  Without fans talking about, analyzing, critiquing and praising their work, there's almost no incentive for the writers to put in more than the bare minimum that will satisfy a target audience whose attention span barely survives the commercial breaks.

Edited by NLR Information Minister
  • Brohoof 1

Pretty much all of season 1 was already done before bronies came into the picture so that would stay the same and most of season 2 probably would be as well but season 3 might have been a tad different and we wouldn't have the comic series which it dosen't take long to tell is aimed more toward us than little girls. The 4DE line of show accurate and the fan made custom plushies wouldn't exist either and there might not be as many references.

I think it would be extremely different as well. Also, I think it'd last nearly as long without us although at this point we have no idea how long it will last I'm pretty sure we are doing a lot to keep it popular and pump a lot of money in the franchise. I don't rightly know how much we influenced the actual show but I like to think that we had a big effect on it. A positive effect.

Season 3 just feels so differently from s1/2 and I am certain that s3 was heavily influenced (all of the episodes seemed to revolve around a fan fav).

Hopefully they go back to the s1/2 style with 4 :), so far it looks like they are!

I definitely agree that the show would be going a whole different direction had we not surfaced. I mean, Lauren and the rest of the crew went on different forums and even 4chan to scope out ideas that sprang up in the fandom. 

It'd be going an entirely different route without us. Because we a thing called disposable income. If Hasbro wants our money too, they sort of have to keep us interested in the show. Our interest in it keeps its production value high and that means their shareholders are better off because of us. It sounds greedy when you think about it but business is only there to make a profit. 

But yeah, if they didn't have us and our ideas, the show (and the Hub network as a whole) would very likely be run a different route. 

Now that's an interesting question. Well, as everyone else has said, without us certain things would not have been encouraged. To be completely honest, I feel friendship and importance would have been much more emphasized, the way it used to be. I recall that the letter for friendship hasn't really been addressed ever since they decided to change how often Twilight learned a lesson. Almost as if through older age group encouragement, episodes are more like your usual TV show, with a great story to each episode, no longer always being about friendship. Just pure entertainment that now officially appeals and attracts older age groups. It's quite nice. I'm glad how MLP has been inspired over time.

• Brohoof 1

Yes and no.  I feel like seasons 1-3 would be mostly the same whether or not bronies existed.  Certainly some minor things would be different (Derpy probably wouldn't have been popularized), but I think that the overall structure would be the same.  However, I feel like unless MLP became/is hyper-popular among its intended age group, without the bronies season 4 wouldn't even exist.  Magical Mystery Cure was written in such a way that it could have served very well as a series finale.  Even though I wasn't fond of the episode, I would have accepted it as a conclusion to this entire generation.  However, I believe that Hasbro realized that they would cause the internet to unite against them be missing out on an absurd amount of opportunities if it ended there, so they asked for another season.  Without bronies, I'm not entirely sure that that would have happened.

Oh, you mean that's the reason it was so crappy (sorry for my french)?

To an extent (I didn't think it was really bad like) but yeah, they just pandad to us forcing in a trixi episode ect.

The storys where also less MLP and jsut felt different, and a fair few episodes where rushed as well and forced into a smaller time fram then they needed (the finale).

Remember, the first season and much of the second were created without any knowledge of the Bronies at *all*.  The main difference is that there would be a lot less continuity and fan in-jokes from Season 3 onward. And frankly, given the uneven writing in Season 3, I'm not sure any differences would be a bad thing. 

IMO, some of the best work in the series was done without knowledge of the Bronies at all.

To an extent (I didn't think it was really bad like) but yeah, they just pandad to us forcing in a trixi episode ect.

The storys where also less MLP and jsut felt different, and a fair few episodes where rushed as well and forced into a smaller time fram then they needed (the finale).

I refuse to believe spike at yuur service is our fault.  It's bs  and i'll not stand for it.

• Brohoof 1