Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wishing Life/Friendship is like MLP - Depression, Lonelyness.

StealthBrony

HELP! Am i the only one that thinks this? im a loner,im very nice, I get bullied, i have anxiety, never had much friends,and i dont know why. I feel like i dont belong in this world id be better of in equestria i find it hard to be like other people and how they see the world and all the lonelyness is making me very depressed and sad, i have never bullied and find it hard to be like most other people in school i can laugh at people... I watched EQG the other day and cried with i guess.. jelousy and how i wish life/people are like that, I think to my self why does the world have to be like this, i mean if parralel universes exist and space is infinite ( Going of topic) Whats the point of life being like this? why cant we have a diff real?...

Any opinions?

Am i the only one so messed up?

• Brohoof 3

Don't worry man, I can relate to you considerably. I finished School and had no clue as to what to do next. 2 years later im still in the same position and have deteriorated considerably in mood and health. I found this show and became so engrossed that I completely fell in love with the concepts the show promotes. Heck I probably wouldn't be posting this now if it Weren't for this show as i was that worried about how people perceived me.

My parents eventually made me seek help and turns out I have Aspergers Syndrome.

just try to focus on the small things in life such as TV Shows, Favorite Hobbies (Sports, Gaming, Reading) instead of looking out the window at the mess we call society. It's hard to find where we fit in the puzzle and im sure if a portal opened up to Equestria, a good portion of people would take the leap but that ain't the case. we need to make the most of what we have.

• Brohoof 2

I used to get bullied at school quite a lot as well and since a rater early age (even by teachers sadly).

I understand it's not easy and I also understand how the show can be a role model of what society SHOULD be but that, sadly, is not.

The problem isn't you, it's society. There are many values that are not passed on to generations, luckily some people understand them by themselves but I guess we are too few to make a big difference.

All I can say is to be strong, to do what you love most in life, find people who share your passions and spend time with them.

The best thing that happened to me when I was young was going to art school, there I found people who would let you be yourself without judging you. Of course there were assholes there too but those are pretty much everywhere.

• Brohoof 3

I hate to say it, but there's really no rhyme or reason. The world consists of what people send out into it, and levels of empathy, courage, and understanding aren't exactly high.

I've never felt like I belong, either, even after I conquered anxiety in a social job and started making more friends. I found some comfort in making small changes in the world for the better and in knowing that there are cultures out there where the way I've always thought, felt, and desired to be are the norm. It's a little bittersweet to think of how much happier I may have been if I was born 5,000 miles away, but at least I know I'm not broken or a wholly undesirable human being when I'm applying my daily social mask.

The "good news" is that there are worthwhile things if you're persistent and open. It's not much and it's no Equestria, especially when you're sloshing through a rainy period, but the longer we're alive the more capable we are of spotting the good things when they crop up.

Whatever it is that keeps you going... don't stop and don't let the negatives in the world make you isolate yourself. You'll never find those things if you do.

• Brohoof 2

I know the feeling, you are not alone. At my school, if you are a nice person, you are considered a dork, or a nerd, or etc. In order to be popular, you have to be a total dick to almost everyone. I am happy and sad to say I am not popular. Happy because it means I am not a douche and I am a nice person, and sad because I get bullied so much. I play on a hockey team with about 14 other players. Some of them are very mean because I am not super skinny. Now I am in no way fat, but I am not fitting in skinny jeans any time soon either, its just the way I am built. I have dealt with my depression now, but at one point I was contemplating suicide.

My advice to you, is to find just one person who will be there for you, no matter what happens. It will help your depression. They don't have to be close to you, as I found out, because the beauty who saved my life lives in New York, and I live in Minnesota. She helped me so much, and all you need to do is find that special person to help you through this rough time. I know that life kinda sucks right now, but trust me, things do get better.

• Brohoof 1

I'm the same.

I have been on and off going through depression. I always find it easier that I could be in Equestria. I could be my own OC, with no worries. Other people find it dumb that I think this way but I really don't care. If I could live in Equestria right now, I'd go in an instant. 

• Brohoof 2

I find this to be a very interesting subject. I am still in school, but almost 90% of the school seems to be some form of stupid stereotype and it really ticks me off. Life hasn't really been great thus far either.If I could, I would probably go to Equestria with my family (But not as my OC for obvious reasons xD).

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't popular in school but I wasn't exactly bullied either. There were people who tried to tease me and the things they said to me didn't really bother me, but the fact that they wanted to bother me bothered me. I had a hard time understanding why anyone would want to be a jerk for no reason. I still have a hard time understanding why some people are this way but after being around those people for a while and more importantly after being away from them long enough to have some time to think about it, here's my theory:

Jerks are insecure. They need to feel like they are important but they also don't want to risk being overpowered or outshined themselves. They could try to do something important like creating some art or showcasing their talents, but that would be a big risk because they would have to put themselves in a vulnerable position where others were judging them. So instead they try to put others down so that they can feel superior by comparison without risking looking like a fool themselves. If you are nice and don't pick on people, bullies will view you as an easy target to use for building up their own self-esteem because they figure you won't challenge them. That's probably not the only reason why jerks act the way hey do, but I think it was true of a lot of the ones I knew because looking back, I don't remember those people accomplishing anything worthwhile.

I hope you're okay and you find a way to get through this. I don't want to give you any specific advice because you didn't ask for it and also because I don't know your situation well enough to make a judgement on what you should do. But I hope you make it through and I think as long as you never stop being a compassionate person yourself, you will eventually find your friends.

• Brohoof 3

Another extra detail is that i find it hard to hate anyone,and does anyone else want to go to equestria and meet the ponys? And live there?

Thank you guys, This has really helped, i know im not the only who sees society the way it really is and is being pushed by society and that im not alone with this mindset. i know this could be seen as a bad thing me feeling better because other have gone or are going through it :/, But i cant help but feeling a lot better, Thank you :D

I kinda feel the same way. Like, I don't find it enjoyable to chat to other people in real life (they usually talk about mundane things or things that I dislike), so I tend to be very quiet around people.

I'm not asking for a life in Equestria. I'm just asking for someone who I could openly talk things I like, like MLP, music, games, etc... The internet is a great place to do it, but it lacks the "reality" aspect to it. What I mean in that talking to someone right besides you is different than talking to someone through the internet, and that's just what I'm asking: someone I could be friends with in real life. Unfortunately people like that are rare where I live.

I'm rushing to agree with you my friend. So if I unintentionally quote someone, I'm very sorry.

I just wanted to say that you're not alone in this opinion. I constantly daydream about "What if everybody had the personalities of the mane six, CMC, or any minor characters?" Or: "Does anybody have at least a shadow of Fluttershy's kindness?!" But then I become depressed due to my realization that the answer is no. In my opinion, Equestria is perfect, too perfect to even think of as possible. I mean, today a random guy I don't even know pushed me in the hallway. There was no "excuse me" or "sorry about that" and the problem is that people are cruel, stubborn, vain, malicious, and outright rude. The only reason nobody's blown the planet up is because there is that small handful of people with a good heart. I think Lauren Faust made this show to stop this nonsense of vanity-induced madness. Which is why I joined the herd in the first place, to get away from it all. We're a fraction of that handful of kind-hearted people, and I love that we've banded together like this. So yes, the world is harsh, dark, and will eventually have a trial by fire, but if you just reach out to those mean people it can make a difference. Love and tolerate as they say. Maybe then the world can be at least an image of My Little Pony.

HELP! Am i the only one that thinks this? im a loner,im very nice, I get bullied, i have anxiety, never had much friends,and i dont know why. I feel like i dont belong in this world id be better of in equestria i find it hard to be like other people and how they see the world and all the lonelyness is making me very depressed and sad, i have never bullied and find it hard to be like most other people in school i can laugh at people... I watched EQG the other day and cried with i guess.. jelousy and how i wish life/people are like that, I think to my self why does the world have to be like this, i mean if parralel universes exist and space is infinite ( Going of topic) Whats the point of life being like this? why cant we have a diff real?...

Any opinions?

Hey man. I'm kind of in the same position as you. In real life, I'm mostly a loner. I'm jealous of people who have true friends. Sometimes, I get depressed too because I feel lonely. As if no one really gives a damn about me. Anyways, if you need a friend, I'd be glad to be one. You're always free to message me here or on Skype. My Skype username is LatinoChurro. Hope this helps.

I actually was in a suicidal point of depression before I watched My Little Pony, because I was bullied at my school (in fact, I had attempted to commit suicide before I watched MLP, but of course I failed).  and that's one thing I decided to try before killing myself, and I realized that I could apply those concepts to the real world. I realized Equestria really is a lot like a much more hospitable version of this trash bag I call home. (Metaphorical bag of trash). But to the point, I agree with your feelings. Being the nice, but somewhat shy guy who happens to have finished his algebra homework, and happens to be a skinny figure that can be snapped (only weighing 120) sucks. What happens is i get so annoyed with yelling I give them the damn answers, and luckily not get a 0 on my own work because of the two techniques of bullying and pestering I get annoyed everyday and I still go through depressive episodes. Also, I did try to commit suicide a few years before, in I believe 2011, because I just felt like this is my version of the Christian purgatory. So I looked for my brothers knife to cut my neck. Couldn't find it. In the end I failed at an attempt to strangle myself. Really, this topic goes deep. In conclusion, I can very much relate to your own situation in many ways, as a loner, a skinny and extremely unusual presence in this country that favors physical strength over intellect, and a survivor of some of the worst shit that anybody could possibly go through because my mind is desperately fucked up.

Any opinions?

First... You are not "messed up". Loneliness must be one of the most common feelings in the universe. It's amazing. We can be alone in the middle of a full theater. This is as human as can be. We yearn for companionship in one way or another. So, you are not a freak.

The problem is that the world is full of people that don't care how others feel. We are taught (as a civilization) that we have to win, that there is no place for the second place and anyone that doesn't conform is seem as weak. It's not necessarily your fault.

Now, this show touches on something that is rare and important for us and most may not even realize: friendship. I think you would be strange if you didn't want to be in a place like that.

Hang on. Try to find others like you, because you are not the only one that feels like you don't belong here.

I actually was in a suicidal point of depression before I watched My Little Pony, because I was bullied at my school (in fact, I had attempted to commit suicide before I watched MLP, but of course I failed).  and that's one thing I decided to try before killing myself, and I realized that I could apply those concepts to the real world. I realized Equestria really is a lot like a much more hospitable version of this trash bag I call home. (Metaphorical bag of trash). But to the point, I agree with your feelings. Being the nice, but somewhat shy guy who happens to have finished his algebra homework, and happens to be a skinny figure that can be snapped (only weighing 120) sucks. What happens is i get so annoyed with yelling I give them the damn answers, and luckily not get a 0 on my own work because of the two techniques of bullying and pestering I get annoyed everyday and I still go through depressive episodes. Also, I did try to commit suicide a few years before, in I believe 2011, because I just felt like this is my version of the Christian purgatory. So I looked for my brothers knife to cut my neck. Couldn't find it. In the end I failed at an attempt to strangle myself. Really, this topic goes deep. In conclusion, I can very much relate to your own situation in many ways, as a loner, a skinny and extremely unusual presence in this country that favors physical strength over intellect, and a survivor of some of the worst shit that anybody could possibly go through because my mind is desperately fucked up.

It's a good thing you failed. The world needs more people that are sensitive and actually understand that the way the world is going about life is wrong.

Well i have depression too, along with ADHD, anxiety, and freaking OCD oh my freaking god OCD sucks for me I have to do thing over and over it sucks and also I used to get bullied alot but well I relized I can be a likable person I can fit into a bunch of groups but more of the ...I geusse the nerd group because I play video games alot and me and my friends play Magic The Gathering together and there Bronies too.  But i geusse where im trying to get at is find some people in your school that have the most in common with you and interduce your self and they will hopefully they will accept you. Ok but first ley me tell u a story when i was doing this i interduced myself to my best friends..... before i was there friends, and when I told them my name they just said ''good for you'' ya that made me feel sad but i worked at it and we became friends.but i bet you there are people in your shool wright now going througgh the same things you are but it will work out. And if it does not go good the first time dont beat yourself over it just have faith .people are arent always what they display them selves as . Just remember that if somthing goes wrong at school or something you have us and were your friends.P.S sorry im typing fast and i mispelled words sorry.

-radicalpony 

Any opinions?

The only thing messed up here is that EQG is an abomination.  Other than that:

post-6560-0-91482200-1385529673_thumb.png

If you're anything like me, if/when you get to college EVERYTHING will change.  I have friends now who I can trust and who value our friendship.  But yeah, in the universe created by Faust, "ass holes" and "selfish bastards" are rare and distant.  Life could be like this too, however people like to take steps back and inhibit peace and friendship.

It's pretty epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKUeZQbMF0

Sorry, just felt like posting this  :P

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 1

While I don't feel as depressed as you state you are, I've watched the first Superman movie, and I did get a good feeling out of it when it ended. Probably because you like that feeling of things turning out right in the end.

Also, if I were a mod, I would almost relocate this to Life Advice since it sounds like a personal problem, but it's borderline to say the least.

This right here is what I feel quite often, too often, ever since I finished my enlistment I have felt lonely and stressed out, and that's one of the main reasons I joined the herd, to find some sensitive and jovial human beings, just like the mane six. More often than not I wish I knew people like the mane six, or rather anypony for that matter, they all seem so human I want them to be real, I mean they are amazing in their own right, I don't always feel envious but when I do I want to have a friendship as real as the mane six, just like I had in the navy. I can see that the ponies represent that empathy and congeal sentiment we all want in this life; the sympathy we all want so passionately, that they did at least brought us together and share our thoughts and feelings, nevertheless I can positively say that being a brony is wonderful, I hope some day to meet other bronies, and have a friendship every bit as real as the mane six and anypony on MLP .   

Edited by Emperor Peter
  • Brohoof 2

This right here is what I feel quite often, too often, ever since I finished my enlistment I have felt lonely and stressed out, and that's one of the main reasons I joined the herd, to find some sensitive and jovial human beings, just like the mane six. More often than not I wish I knew people like the mane six, or rather anypony for that matter, they all seem so human I want them to be real, I mean they are amazing in their own right, I don't always feel envious but when I do I want to have a friendship as real as the mane six, just like I had in the navy. I can see that the ponies represent that empathy and congeal sentiment we all want in this life; the sympathy we all want so passionately, that they did at least brought us together and share our thoughts and feelings, nevertheless I can positively say that being a brony is wonderful, I hope some day to meet other bronies, and have a friendship every bit as real as the mane six and anypony on MLP .   

That was beautiful.  No joke.  You should write deep stuff more often.

• Brohoof 1