Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lyme Disease

Stina

Although I sincerely wish no one here had it, chances are there is at least one other user out there who has Lyme disease.  Lyme disease is transmitted by ticks for sure, may also be passed from mother to child, and possibly by mosquitoes. Lyme disease is much more prevalent and dangerous than major health organizations like the CDC claim. Because of all the controversy/politics surrounding it, getting tested is hard enough, and tests are very unreliable. Lyme can effect any part of the body and symptoms often mimic other diseases. Treatment is expensive and not always efective, especially if it has been left untreated for a long time.

I've had Lyme since 2009, and because my immune system was already shut down because of other sicknesses it hit me really hard. I had some antibiotic treatment and my health had ups and downs. Last winter started a big downward spiral but I'm finally getting treatment that seems to be helping. If you're interested in reading more about my Lyme, I have a site about it here.  Here are links with more information on Lyme in general:

International Lyme And Associated Diseases Society

Lyme Disease Association

Lyme Disease Network

I just wanted to spread some awareness, and see if there was anyone else with Lyme who wanted to rant and rave about its craziness. Trust me, I'll understand. (:

(PS, it is okay to post all those links, isn't it?)

Edited by Stina
  • Brohoof 2

*Hugs you super tight*  Though I have no experience of this and dont know anyone with it I can't really say much .. 

But I will be praying for you too get better, I really hope it works out for you *hugs even more* 

I know you don't know me but, I and im sure most of the forums will be here if ever you want to PM etc 

Wish I could say more , best of luck ! *More hugs* =] 

i have a friend who suffers from lyme disease. it really got him good, since the doctors thought it was something else for a long time before they could give him the right treatment.

sadly, i don't know much about the disease itself, tough i'll check those links you posted!

anyway, it's awesome to hear you got meds that seem to do something, i hope they'll continue to get you better. :)

*Hugs you super tight*  Though I have no experience of this and dont know anyone with it I can't really say much .. 

But I will be praying for you too get better, I really hope it works out for you *hugs even more* 

I know you don't know me but, I and im sure most of the forums will be here if ever you want to PM etc 

Wish I could say more , best of luck ! *More hugs* =] 

Thanks, I appreciate it. (:

i have a friend who suffers from lyme disease. it really got him good, since the doctors thought it was something else for a long time before they could give him the right treatment.

sadly, i don't know much about the disease itself, tough i'll check those links you posted!

anyway, it's awesome to hear you got meds that seem to do something, i hope they'll continue to get you better. :)

Thank you. I hope your friend is doing all right? It sucks that it usually takes so long to finally get a correct diagnosis, and in the meantime doctors often prescribe treatment that actually worsens the Lyme.

I got bit by a tick back in elementary.

Nasty things.

Thank heavens the good Lord didn't have Lyme disease in my future.

It must be a very frustrating disease because of how strange and unpredictable it is..

If I get sick I want to know the specifics of what to expect and how long to expect them.

Best of luck, friend. If you have Lyme hope on this site. You're among caring people.

• 8 years later...

Lyme is something I've always been afraid of. It's not really common here but that can change in an instant. 

This year appears like it will be a bad tick year, so it'll be a fun year I guess.

Sounds refreshing.

But no. Not that I know of in this geographic area. But we have "kissing bugs" that carry the Chagas disease in their feces. A disease that is asymptomatic during its early stage, and incurable during its advanced stage, causing chronic heart problems and reducing life expectancy, something to the point of death.

The creator got really creative with some of these diseases.

On 2013-12-14 at 3:17 AM, Stina said:

Although I sincerely wish no one here had it, chances are there is at least one other user out there who has Lyme disease.  Lyme disease is transmitted by ticks for sure, may also be passed from mother to child, and possibly by mosquitoes. Lyme disease is much more prevalent and dangerous than major health organizations like the CDC claim. Because of all the controversy/politics surrounding it, getting tested is hard enough, and tests are very unreliable. Lyme can effect any part of the body and symptoms often mimic other diseases. Treatment is expensive and not always efective, especially if it has been left untreated for a long time.

I've had Lyme since 2009, and because my immune system was already shut down because of other sicknesses it hit me really hard. I had some antibiotic treatment and my health had ups and downs. Last winter started a big downward spiral but I'm finally getting treatment that seems to be helping. If you're interested in reading more about my Lyme, I have a site about it here.  Here are links with more information on Lyme in general:

International Lyme And Associated Diseases Society

Lyme Disease Association

Lyme Disease Network

I just wanted to spread some awareness, and see if there was anyone else with Lyme who wanted to rant and rave about its craziness. Trust me, I'll understand. (:

(PS, it is okay to post all those links, isn't it?)

I hope you’re well since this was a long time ago, Stina.

I hope I never get this Lyme Disease and I hope that there’s something out there to help against it.