Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Cuz it's a massive conspiracy and the Illuminati want Fluttershy to win B)

Edit:

Someone changed their vote... > : (

Maybe the vote changer was part of the Illuminati, and they actually want Twilight to win. :P

I knew another vote change would happen. STOP CHANGING YOUR VOTES... um... if that's alright with you.

I agree. It's really annoying, either way around. Making a mistake is fine, but doing it to jerk around people's chains... not cool, man.

• Brohoof 4

That's too bad. In my opinion, I think it's a little early to be playing games. I think it's simply a matter of not having enough fans of Twilight around here. We obviously exhausted our effort early today. I'm already calling this game for Fluttershy. I'll never vote for her of course but if I were to bet, I would put my bits on her.

I honestly think it is because people were openly either not voting or voting for Twilight because she was ahead. Now though, with the poll getting closer, people are switching back over to Flutters & is evening it out... Which from there makes other people vote for Twilight because they originally didn't think they needed to vote because of how far ahead she was (being 20 votes ahead at one point).

At the end of the day, I just have one thing to say... I TOLD YOU ALL!!!!!!!! I KNEW I SHOULD NEVER GIVE UP ON FLUTTERS, EVEN IF SHE LOSES I NEVER LOST FAITH & LOOK AT WHAT SHE HAS DONE TO COMEBACK! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

When I went to sleep I just knew this would happen... :lol:

Still, if there can be one turnaround in 24 hours, there can be another. Twilight has never been a unicorn for giving up easily, and we too must not be so hasty in admitting defeat.

CHARGE! GLORY FOR THE FIRST MAN TO DIE!

145ffbf7d3cf1599f32d2298e3feb091.jpg

Edited by Archi the Atmomancer
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Her victory can be attributed to a longer time. By rights, Twilight should have won this.

Yes, but don't ruin my happiness! I was one of only a very few people still having hope in her, & look, she came back. Yeah, maybe it doesn't make any sense to have it go 2 does (other than suspense, I guess) but it doesn't change that I am so happy to not have succumbed to the feeling of losing

*Edit* I just want to add, I was not going for gloating. It is just that I was happy to have been able to hold true to my vote instead of backing down & joining Twilight just to be on the winning side. Sorry if it came off that way though, not my intention

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 2

Did some of you ever considered the fact that some people change their votes simply because they can't really decide which one they like more?

Think about it instead of acting as if it was the most horrible thing to do in the world. I was refraining from posting here all that time for my own reasons, but I felt this time I had to.

Learn to have some respect towards others rather than putting a meaningless vote in front of other's honest opinions and preferences. I really doubt anybody changes their votes simply because they want to be malicious, it's not that kind of fandom.

Thank you for hearing me out, cheers:

2liipo9.png

• Brohoof 5

I think that this is the first time that I've voted in this tournament, but even so, go Fluttershy and stuff.  We shall be victorious over the non-Fluttershy specimen.  Or not; I suppose that that's an acceptable option too.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Did some of you ever considered the fact that some people change their votes simply because they can't really decide which one they like more?

Think about it instead of acting as if it was the most horrible thing to do in the world. I was refraining from posting here all that time for my own reasons, but I felt this time I had to.

Learn to have some respect towards others rather than putting a meaningless vote in front of other's honest opinions and preferences. I really doubt anybody changes their votes simply because they want to be malicious, it's not that kind of fandom.

Thank you for hearing me out, cheers:

img-2843207-1-2liipo9.png

And two days ago, I might have said, "I'm sure nobody makes duplicate accounts to unfairly inflate a character's votes, it's not that kind of fandom." Then came Lunagate.

You make a fair point, there can be legitimate reasons for changing a vote. For example, you made a mistake, and you change your vote. But if you can't decide which one you like more, isn't is more reasonable to refrain from voting until you can make a decision?

I think Demin&Vemon was speaking more to those who get some kind of thrill out of changing votes to mess around with people. And, as my first paragraph indicates, claiming that NO ONE ever does that kind of thing is somewhat naive.

Edited by Sunny Fox
  • Brohoof 3

isn't is more reasonable to refrain from voting until you can make a decision?

I think Demin&Vemon was speaking more to those who get some kind of thrill out of changing votes to mess around with people. And, as my first paragraph indicates, claiming that NO ONE ever does that kind of thing is naive at best.

Maybe it is, both for you and me. But "claiming that everyone act reasonably is naive at best."

I prefer assuming the best in the people and being positive about them rather than generalizing things like Demin did. Potentially, I can see people being disappointed with that post due to generalization. Therefore I feel I have to urge to pick one's words more carefully.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Maybe it is, both for you and me. But "claiming that everyone act reasonably is naive at best."

I prefer assuming the best in the people and being positive about them rather than generalizing things like Demin did. Potentially, I can see people being disappointed with that post due to generalization. Therefore I feel I have to urge to pick one's words more carefully.

I never said "everyone acts reasonably", I said "that would be the reasonable thing to do". So props for ironically using my own words against me, but that's not the point I was making. I would certainly agree someone who legitimately changes their mind rather than changing votes to be malicious is not doing something wrong, and again, I don't think that's who D&V meant. Or maybe they did, and I'm misreading them.

Anyhoo, I'll leave it there. If D&V wishes to defend himself, I'm sure he doesn't need my help to do it. Back to the competition!

Edited by Sunny Fox

Well then.

Now when I'm here already and got nothing less to lose...

princess_twilight_sparkle_by_hoshikuzu_u

You're still great, Twiley.

• Brohoof 2

@Khajiit@Sunny Fox

Ah come on mates, we're at the world cup for pete's sakes!  I didn't pay the airfare to Equestria to hear bickering!

BTW, Khajiit, we're talking about the people who want to tie it and break the tie to increase tension and just be a troll.  KINDA LIKE YOU INDICATED YOU WERE IN YOUR LAST STATUS POST.  ahem.  Y'all calm down and root for Fluttershy okeedokee?

• Brohoof 4

@@Rainbow Skywalker,

I never change votes though :)

And I'm enjoying the cup thoroughly this far, even if my favorite finished *only* 4th. That's actually a GREAT achievement for Rarity I believe.

• Brohoof 1

Is it not over yet!? Are the Finals supposed to run forty-eight hours instead?

Yep. Hence my whining about it earlier in the thread. :P