GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

1. You know what i meant,if you din't then i can't be blamed. 
I am joshing you...

2. I never said Sweetie Belle is nonsense,it was a reference to lightning which last time i checked is no nonsense.
Sorry i am Greek i don't get the expression... no nonesense is something you don't mess with. I would likewise say that for Sweetie Belle. Just give her magic and she's stronger than Sweetie... methinks. 
  • Brohoof 1

Sorry i am Greek i don't get the expression... no nonesense is something you don't mess with. I would likewise say that for Sweetie Belle. Just give her magic and she's stronger than Sweetie... methinks. 

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "It's Greek to me..." Who would want to mess with lightning?? His phrase probably should have had a hyphen ("no-nonsense") to show the full connection, but it wasn't an attack on Sweetie! No worries!

• Brohoof 1

Who would want to mess with lightning??
304228.jpg
Chris Angel who used a lightning rod and a suit to simulate being struck by lightning...

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "It's Greek to me..."
I actually take a weeeeee bit of offense to the general usage of that phrase because the greek language is actually not that hard to learn... in comparison to Chinese that is... with all those symbols. We use Chinese in our phrase. Anyways...

@,Fair enough i guess,its hard to tell if something is a joke or not sometimes on the internet.  :)

It's the internet darling i'd expect nothing less.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

304228.jpg

Chris Angel who used a lightning rod and a suit to simulate being struck by lightning...

I actually take a weeeeee bit of offense to the general usage of that phrase because the greek language is actually not that hard to learn... in comparison to Chinese that is... with all those symbols. We use Chinese in our phrase. Anyways...

Well, logically, I don't think you can claim to be offended if you also use a similar phrase about a different language. so yeah. Sorry about it though. Follows the same line of usage of "Pardon my French", followed by expletives. *shrug* (I'm not offended that the English people I've met claim that I don't speak "English" because I "speak 'American'" according to them because of spelling and usage differences. But that's me, and I'm hard to offend.)

The Chinese kanji are actually like pictures (I still don't get it either, but I understand the concept: think of an entire written language being made out of our emojii/emoticons and smileys!). These letters are symbols too...

Also, I've seen similar lightning daredevils climbing inside of electricity spheres; and the group on America's Got Talent (Arc Attack

)

But I mean, the number of safety precautions in place are pretty reassuring. I should say: who would want to actually be struck by lightning? No anypony in their right-mind!

=================================================================================

OT!!

Anyway, we have under 2 hours left in this match up! Tonight is Fluttershy v Scootaloo! We'll have all three CMCs in three consecutive days! (Apple Bloom faces Pinkie Pie tomorrow night)

Edited by PE Brony
  • Brohoof 1

CHARACTER PROFILES!

post-25639-0-64581300-1403989432.png

Tonight features the Winner of Group C

The Fearful FLUTTERSHY!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7iJFMUMv0M

Fluttershy sung her way through the group stage sweeping all three of her matches with a Vote Differential of +252 and a solid voter opinion, taking 80.0% of the votes cast during her matches!

She'll be facing off against the Runner-up from Group D

The Scootering SCOOTALOO!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3jMFSQ_HvQ

Scootaloo scootered her way into the second slot by out-muscling Bulk Biceps and barely (and I stress 'barely'!) scooting passed Princess Celestia. She also managed to put up a respectable performance against the group winner, Pinkie Pie. She moved on with 57.6% of the voters in her favor during her previous matches!

post-25639-0-05414000-1403989527.png

• Brohoof 2

Welcome back to BSPN folks! We're just wrapping up what is a strong Round of 16 game from Applejack. Clearly her honesty and balanced character have catapulted Applejack to the Quarterfinals. Sweetie Belle had a decently strong start having taken a quick 3-1 lead, but it fizzled away in a moment as the Applejack and Mane 6 fans have stepped up to take hold of this World Cup game with a score of 97-46. Now Applejack awaits to see who she will face in the Quarterfinals as Pinkie Pie and Applebloom are getting set for their Round of 16 encounter starting Sunday night!

Now we shift to what could indeed be the match of the Round of 16. We've got a Mane 6 character in Fluttershy facing her first stern test in Scootaloo. Fluttershy gracefully flew past her competition in Group C, taking top spot in hopes of going far. Scootaloo faced a much tougher road to get here, barely doing enough to squeak a 67-64 victory over Princess Celestia and creating a mini fairytale with her run at the World Cup. Will Scootaloo continue to inspire the stories of many, or will her run come to a screeching halt against the Element of Kindness?

Well this match is set to go underway very soon as Fluttershy and Scootaloo are now walking out of the tunnel and onto the pitch of the storied Mareicana! 

“Ladies and gentlemen… Mares and stallions… Please welcome… the teams of Fluttershy… and Scootaloo! "Senhoras e senhores ... éguas e garanhões ... Boas vindas as equipes da Fluttershy ... e Scootaloo!”

(Music stops when ponies are prepared to stand for anthems)

“Ladies and gentlemen… mares and stallions… Please rise for the character anthem of Fluttershy! Senhoras e senhores ... éguas e garanhões ... Por favor, subir para o hino personagem da Fluttershy!”

O Fluttershy!
Our shy and kindest mare!
True critter love, in all our colts command!
With glowing hearts, we see thee fly,
The Element of Kindness!
From far and wide,
O Fluttershy, we stand on guard for thee!
God keep our mare, glorious and free!
O Fluttershy,
We stand on guard for thee!
O Fluttershy,
We stand on guard for thee!

“Ladies and gentlemen… mares and stallions… Please rise for the character anthem of Scootaloo! Senhoras e senhores ... éguas e garanhões ... Por favor, subir para o hino personagem da Scootaloo!”

Until that day, when Scootaloo gets her cutie mark,
God protect the loving filly from all evil and hate!
Her scooter, grit, and fortitude will be her guide!
Oh! And even without her wings, the gods will be by her side!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Chika Chika Chika chika you get the drill by now.

Anyways, time for more Team Mane Six support. Today I'm supporting the sweet and adorable Fluttershy.

Go Fluttershy! Win for Team Mane Six!

fluttershy_by_celebi_yoshi-d5rosa7.png

Edited by Chikorita
  • Brohoof 3

Heh, Scootaloo is up by one as of my vote. I dont expect that to last very long, though

Anyway, I voted for Scootaloo BECAUSE IM JUST A REBEL LIKE THAT

scootaloo___deal_with_it_by_austiniousi-

• Brohoof 2

So I've been a little inactive in the Cup lately.

i-JJcMPBq-L.png

Yes-! Maybe-! I'd do it for Applejack too -- probably! Uh, I'll get back to you on that when she's against Pinkie! 

i-GJ6Gk3R-L.png

So...?

i-CC8HVJj-L.png

• Brohoof 2