private Pokemon Gijinka Academy! (REBOOT)

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

Darius Corsac

@@Ampharos,

@,

@,

Darius gives the three of them a small nod, a smile still on his face.  He hadn't expected the Duskull lad would evolve - a very welcome surprise.  He keeps his wand in hand in case he has to step in - a two against one match against a first year student wasn't exactly something he approved of, and he was ready to end it quickly if he had to.  The Smeargle boy seemed confident, but he'd been an instructor long enough to see many over-confident students get in over their heads.  "Begin when ready.  And keep in mind, this is only a sparring match.  You're trying to improve yourself and your fellow students, not hurt each other."

Edited by Lhee

@

"Yes sir." He said, focusing his power in to his hand. Starting off with a Power-Up Punch. Even though he knew Nik had buffed his Defense, the same type attack bonus, plus the super effective fighting-typing would still do a number on him. He charged towards Nik, fist glowing slightly and he went for a blow to the chest.

@

Nik used his wings to fly upward, deflecting the punch away with his feet. Nik then lashed out with his feet, using both for Triple Kick. Nik's Triple Kick however, was a mere diversion for his tail, which was using Bone Club. Nik swung out with the bone Club

@

As Rune missed, he tumbled forward due to leaning to far and rolled just under the kicks but the Bone Club hit with a glancing blow on his legs. It stung a bit, but wasn't anything terribly painful. He hoped that Zach would be able to hit him while Nik was distracted by Rune though.

Dusk smiled at his friends as they congratulated him one after the other. Synthia was a real pal and helped him over to the Nurse's office. The nice Blissy nurse offered a free check-up after he was issued a hyper potion to help see what changed within him.

Dusk walked out of the office, that was new to him, as he stretched his arms and legs. It was definitely a different feeling, like his body was redone and built from the ground up. He felt stronger and more physically fit and he had to be since his ability to Levitate was now gone and replaced with some thing called Pressure. He didn't fully understand it so he had to do some research later...speaking of research he still had to do that paper in Normal-Types.

Dusk sighed as he examined his bandaged arms and body. It felt slightly more revealing...but at least he looked fit enough for the part... I mean he had muscles! Actual muscles! Not the scrawny sickly looking body he use to have. Dusk shrugged and decided to make his way to the cafeteria. All that fighting and evolution made him hungry.

Zoey

@

@@SleeplessSketch,

Zoey looks up from her salad as she hears the door opening again.  It wasn't like she was listening for it, but it was hard to miss things like that with her large fox-like ears.  Walking into the cafeteria she saw what she took to be a ghost type...  A large, wrapped in bandages ghost type...  She nudges Amaya and points towards the doorway.  

"Hey, who's that?  He kinda looks like a Duscl..ops...  Wait, you don't think that's DUSK, do you?"

Lhee

@@The Leafeon Pinkeh,

@@Ampharos,  

Lhee sighs quietly when Razor asks Dustin about his training partner, turning in his seat to look around.  Oh yeah, I'd almost forgotten about that...  I wonder if they'd let me sneak by with a passing grade if I beat up my own Substitute...  Finding a partner, such a drag.  As if anyone would want to spend that much time with you.  Even if they got past the skull, you aren't exactly interesting...

@,@@Ampharos,  

(first post on laptop in awhile :DD I can finally mention peoples!)

"Guess it must not be any problem for you since you didn't even remember." Razor let out a small laugh, he must not worry a lot about anything. "Do you plan to get a partner?" She asked slowly, not trying to sound like she was offering, since she hadn't decided yet. The only thing she'd decided is that she was going to befriend this gijinka.  She looked behind Dustin and froze up as the freakiest gijinka ever entered the room. Razor grabbed towards Lhee on impulse. She swiftly brought her arms back to herself and used her hands to cover up her face, maybe he wouldn't see her or something. "Lhee... suddenly you aren't so scary anymore..." she whispered. 

@@SleeplessSketch,@,

Lolita jumped up seeing a Duskull- no Duskclops and immediately recognized the figure at her roommate. "Dusky!" She exclaimed and ran up to him and gave him a high five. "You're.. different! Stronger now probably, too!" He doesn't seem much like a Dusky now though.. might need a better nickname later... She also noticed another gijinka right by her. "Oooh hi! I'm Lolita! A skitty! I don't know you but you're already like super cool!" She gave a smile and hoped that she found a new friend to talk to later.

(So nice to finally be able to do this XD Too much in one post?)

Edited by The Leafeon Pinkeh

@@The Leafeon Pinkeh, @@SleeplessSketch

"Dusk? Is that you?" Koh asked. His ghostly friend had changed, a lot. He wasn't as scrawny as he was before, he had some muscle, but most of all he was covered in bandages, rather than a hoodie, and his mask was gone in favor of a blindfold with an eye on it. It was a little bit creepy, he had no clue how he could see. He waved his hand in front of the blindfold. "You certainly look different. I'm guessing you evolved, so congratulations!"

Dusk had walked into the cafeteria and immediately was met by his roommate Lolita. How she was able to recognize him was another thing all together, but he was glad to be met with more positive feedback. Giving her a high five back he tried to keep himself up right. Seeing Koh coming right with her, he smiled at his two friendly roommates wondering what they would think about bunking with a Dusclops.

"H-hey there, yeeeah I did a battle and evolved and stuff...it was fun, I'm still getting use to the whole...not being able to float around anymore..but I do definitely feel stronger." Dusk said as he smiled sheepishly still trying to get use to his new body. Dusk looked around seeing if his friends were still here and sure enough, Zoey and Amaya were still here. Dusk waved at them and decided to head their way.

"Hey Loli, Koh, I'll tell you guys all about what happened to me at the room later, I need to talk to a few friends of mine." Dusk said giving her the heads up as he walked up to Zoey and Amaya's table.

"Heeey guuuuys." Dusk said awkwardly and unsure how they'll react to his new look.

Edited by SleeplessSketch
  • Brohoof 1

Zoey

@

@@SleeplessSketch,

Zoey immediately jumped up, a big grin on her face.  "HA!  It IS Duskie!"  She starts to walk around the Dusclops gijinka in a circle, reaching out to lift his arms and examine his new look.  "What the heck happened?  Did...  Did you evolve?  Howdidyoudoit?  Didithurt?  Oh, but I don't know about this look...  The bandages are neat and all, but they look kinda ragged...  Ooo, I bet I could help you pick out some new outfits for your...  hehe....  new body.  Speaking of which, what happened to your hoodie?"  

She was talking far too fast for him to have a chance to answer, asking a new question immediately once she finished the one before it, but she couldn't help herself.  She couldn't believe that Dusk had actually EVOLVED!  She wasn't entirely sure gijinka COULD evolve!  Yeah, she'd seen gijinka of evolved pokemon before, but for some reason she always thought that they'd always been that way...  Did that mean she would evolve eventually?  What would it do to her appearance!?

Lhee

@@The Leafeon Pinkeh,

For once Lhee was actually grateful for his skull, because it helped hide the blush that quickly formed on his face when Razor grabbed him.  He wasn't used to physical contact in a non-hostile kind of way, and he wasn't entirely sure how to react about it.  When she spoke up, he let his gaze drift to Dusk and he suddenly realized what she'd meant.

Ghost type...  Lhee wasn't aware that the Dusclops was the same boy as the Duskull he had gone out of his way to try and befriend - if the pokemon wasn't native to Kanto or Johto, Lhee wasn't very familiar with it.  What else could a gijinka covered in old bandages, with a glowing band over his eyes, be other than a ghost though?  He still felt like he should say something to Razor though, his face still hot under his skull from when she'd suddenly clutched at him.

"Heh, uhm...  Don't worry, Razor...  I won't let anyone hurt you."  Was that the right thing to say?  How the hell am I supposed to react to something like this?  Gah, Bonehead, why am I so awkward when it comes to social interactions...  

• Brohoof 1

Dusk laughed a bit at her many comments as questions about his new evolution. It was true that the bandages were pretty...over the top creepy, more so than his Duskull jacket and mask. Dusk lifted his blindfold with the glowing eye in it and unveiled his unchanged face and eyes.

"Well if there's one thing that stuck with me, I'm glad it's my face. Least that's still the same." He said flashing a smile.

"Well the battle was painful..but it got me to evolve which didn't hurt...actually it felt pretty good. Also I don't mind the bandages, it may be rugged but at least it shows off my ACTUAL muscles. Have you seen these things?? I HAVE muscles! I use to be a scrawny kid but holy cow do I feel great!" Dusk said a little excited he got to share his newfound physique.

"I'm now half as fit as Lhee over there! HEY LHEE! I EVOLVED!" He said looking back and waving to his Marowak buddy.

@,@,  

Zach ran up behind Nik while he was preoccupied with Rune. He knew the dolt most likely forgot about the one special move between the two of them, so he hoped that a Scald would be able to pierce through and do some decent damage. Right after, he jumped back to begin his dances.

@@The Leafeon Pinkeh,

Dustin shrugged. "I guess I have to at one point. Don't really know anyone yet, and the people I know have all been in pairs that'll probably become partners. Like my room mates and you guys." Dustin felt a bit awkward watching Razor grab Lhee. He felt like a bit of a third wheel. He turned around to see what they were looking at and saw a gijinka that he hadn't seen before. "Wait isn't that that Duskull from Battle Class?"

@@SleeplessSketch,@@Ampharos, @,  

Razor blushed a little at the "I'll protect you part" since she wasn't used to being protected by anyone besides her father. The Duskull seemed to of not noticed her because of her superior face-hiding-with-hands technique. He.. or it, you know, whichever, called towards Lhee instead. Dustin mentioned that he was the Duskull she had encountered once before. Only now he's evolved. Stronger, worse. Razor shook at the newly evolved gijinka's call towards their table. She did look up to validate if that could have been a student she had seen the day before, though. "Y-yeeaah I-I think thats th-the one.." As if it were a life or death situation Razor lifted her shaking hand which she begged to stop, ghosts can sense fear, right? and gave a slow wave. I think that was friendly enough.

@@Ampharos, @

Rune did a somersault after landing and being hit. He then turned and fired a psyschock, aiming for Nik's tail, as it would be the best conductor. Nik likely wasn't skilled enough to pull off the same trick that Darius had earlier, so he didn't need to worry about that. And maybe he'd get burned too, which would make his attack buffs less of an issue.

Lhee

@@The Leafeon Pinkeh,

@@Ampharos,

@@SleeplessSketch,

Lhee blinks in surprise when Dusk calls out to him.  With what Dustin and Razor had said he was able to put two and two together to figure out what was going on.  "...Dusk?"  He evolved...  When the hell did that happen?

Unsure of how to react - he was trying to be friendly towards Dusk, but was still somewhat uncomfortable with ghosts thanks to old habits - Lhee slowly lifts up his bone club to acknowledge the Dusclops gijinka.  "Uh...  Good job?  Heh..."  Great response, Bonehead.  Keep it up and eventually the entire school will be convinced you're slow.  "I mean...  That's great!  You look good...  Suits you."  Just...  Stop talking while you're behind...

Zoey

@@SleeplessSketch,

When Dusk started talking about his muscles and then turned to wave at a Marowak gijinka whose wardrobe looked like it needed desperate help (at least in Zoey's opinion), she couldn't help but take the opportunity to tease her ghostly friend.  He left himself wide open for it, after all.  She quickly steps behind Dusk, bringing her hands up to encircle one of his biceps, giggling and squeezing his arm slightly.

"Yeah ya do, Duskie...  And I've gotta say, it's kinda hot."  The flirty Zorua girl growls playfully in Dusk's ear before giggling again and going back to her seat.  She of course meant it in a harmless way, but Zoey just couldn't pass up the opportunity.  She was like this with everyone, and Dusk gave her the impression that she might be able to get some fun reactions out of him.

@, @@Ampharos, Nik screamed in anger as the Scald and Psychoshock hit home. Then he laughed as he revealed he had been using Light Screen. The attacks had certainly done some damage, but it wasn't as much as expected. Nik landed, dusting himself off . 

"Even without using my hands, you're helpless" Nik snorted as he brushed off some of the remaining water. Suddenly he cringed and noticed that the attacks had left a Burn. Nik clenched his hand, smiling slightly as he saw the Burn. 

"Still, I felt that...AND IT HURT!" Nik screamed, charging forward in an attempt to use Low Kick on Zach

Amaya dropped her book.

Zoe was right. The spectral boy covered in gauz, was im fact, drum roll please... Dusk. She sat there staring dumbly as freinds gathered around Dusk, 'ooo'ing and 'ahhing' over him in his newly evolved ghostly glory. Somewhere in the back of her mind she thought something along the lines of, 'dont tell her it hurts so bluntly' but that wasnt perticularly her main concern. Finally, she stood gingerly, stepped over the bench seat carefully so not to trip and stood, more like hid, behind Zoe. She opened her mouth to say something, probably the cure for cancer or somethin important like that because amaya is just purely amazing, but words caught in her throat and died behind her lips as Dusk laughed. In truth she was scared that Dusk had changed. It wasnt uncommon for pokemon and gijinka alike to become like a different person after evolving... But she didnt want that, why would she?! Dusk was one of the only freinds she had made here at this (dumb) school

-I have to hurry ill add thislater-

"2pooky." Amaya said quietly

Edited by lyridiandandan

@,

Zach had only managed to get up some rain before Nik charged at him. He jumped straight up over the obvious sweeping leg, and made his sword glow blue. He struck downwards while in the air, the momentum from the hit (whether he hit Nik or the ground) allowed him to jump over the Smeargle and land near Rune. Zach then began to levitate his swords to set up a Swords Dance. 

Dustin simply sat in his seat without making any comments. It seemed that everyone knew this gijinka except for him, so he stayed quiet and started chewing on a Yache Berry.

@, @@Ampharos

Rune saw his opportunity. While Nik was distracted watching Zach flip over his head, Rune charged with another Power-Up Punch, going for a blow to the back of the head. Sure, maybe not the safest maneuver, but if it landed it would definitely do some damage. The resulting attack buff from Power Up Punch would also leave him poised for a perfect finisher.

The reactions were just a little bit less than overwhelming as he was able to just sheepishly laugh off the praise and comments he got from his new look.

After Zoey had made her little comment as she flirtatiously made little gestures upon him. Immediately he turned a bright red as he began to laugh a little more loudly, but out of pure bashfulness. He wasn't use to having that kind of reaction from the opposite gender so it caught him off guard a bit, so for his instinctive defense towards this was to do what he did best when he was nervous. Ramble.

"OH! H-Hot huh?? Well it is pretty steamy under these bandages HAHAHAHA. I'm not use to walking yet, I practically stumbled my way in here so I think I'm just gonna go as sit down now! AHAHAHAHA OH LOOK AT THAT! It's pretty bright still now that I look outside! I thought I'd be in that nurse's office forever. Uhhh I still gotta write that report for Professor Darius so I'm just gonna go over here and uh write some more outlines because you can never have to many outlines! I wonder where I keep my notebook now that my jacket is gone, oh there it is! It's in my scarf bandage thing, how convenient! I wish the library was open so I can do research, I love me some research, especially about things. Love researching things!" Dusk went on and ON as he tried to scoot himself past Zoey and onto the table next to them. Although he stope dead in his tracks when he came face to face with Amaya. Oh gods... It looked like she wanted to say something to him, but she looked reluctant...probably because of his new look. He felt a little reluctant himself to talk to her...but he had to, they really hadn't had the time to sincerely talk to each other since this morning...and seeing him as he was now. It could be like she just lost a friend.

"Uhm...Hellooooo.." He said trying to break the ice.

@

Nik just barely dodged Zach's attack before feeling the back of his head explode into stars. If it weren't for his Reflect, he'd be down and out. Nik forgot his no hand rule and whipped around, using Mega-Punch in an attempt to knock Rune off him. 

"Huff, huff, your bonus period expired, I'll use my hands now" Nik snarled as he got up

@@Ampharos, @

Rune took the hit. It hurt, but he was in too prime of a position to back down now. With the buff from Power Up Punch, the same type attack bonus, the super effective status, and the raw power of Close Combat, he would be able to end it quickly. "Zach! Hurry up!" Rune shouted at his partner, hoping it would cause him to focus on Zach.

@@,

Zach laughed at the Mega Punch from Nik. "The cheater can't even follow his own rules!" The Seamitars landed back in Zach's hands and a slight red aura surrounded him before quickly fading. The Swords Dance had given him a boost of power, and with the rain by his side and Rune ready to attack, Zach went in for a Razor Shell.

@@Ampharos, @

'Perfect.' Rune thought as Nik turned to Zach as he charged. Rune unleashed Close Combat on Nik, attacking from behind. Sure, maybe not the most noble tactic, but Nik had already broken his own rule. Not like he couldn't break any of his own. With the extra power boost, the STAB, and the Super-effective effect of Close Combat, it hopefully would be enough to get around his buffs.

@@@Ampharos,

Nik's rage exploded outward, using Flare Blitz to coat himself in flames and protect him from the worst of the assault. Nik panted in rage. He was nearly finished....but not yet. 

"You can certainly handle yourselves" Nik laughed, grabbing his tattered coat. "But I have a little secret, I have been holding back a good chunk of my maximum strength" Nik boasted, tossing off the coat. It landed with an audible crash. Nik popped his neck and knuckles as he prepared. "There we go, my weighted coat is off" Nik smirked as he stretched. Nik then glowed as he used Slack Off to heal some damage. It may not have restored his stamina, but without his heavy coat, the stamina loss wasn't as bad. 

"Now then, let me see how you take me on when I'm not holding back" Nik laughed, flying into the air to prepare a new attack