Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite horror game?

Dead Space series (Still haven't played 3, but have beat the first two on the hardest difficulties)

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 4 (Those Regenerators were freaky as shit!)

Outlast

Doom 3

Never really played Parasite eve, but loooong time ago when I used to hang out at my cousins house all the time, he rented this game from Hollywood Video, and the intro of this game scared the shit out of me, and the whole dog transformation.

I actually didn't know the name of it, till I described the game to a friend and they told me Parasite eve.

And I do have Amnesia Dark Decent in my steam library, picked it up during the last sale, just have yet to actually play it.

I love horror games, they seem to be the only game I like to play anymore.

My favorite horror game is Resident Evil 1. I love nostalgic stuff like this game lol old school games are awesome

Resident_Evil_1_cover.png

This is probably the cover art more people are familiar with :lol:

ResidentEvilDirectorsCut.jpg

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~

Here's another question for ya'll:

Do you rather prefer jumpscares or being creeped out fx Amnesia-style.

7154l.jpg

This is hand down one of the scariest games I have ever played. Nothing, not even Amnesia, Dead Space or Resident Evil, to me, comes even close to this one here. 

I hate horror games, but I love that feeling they induce in people.

You don't want to be this person. You don't want to be here. You don't want to be doing what they are doing From the very beginning, you want to just turn back and leave this horrible place.

But you can't.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, with all the recent horror releases, seems like it is still the classics that hold the torch.

I really loved Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The sound effects and the lighting was really really creepy  :unsure:

Outlast is also pretty scary, but I think I would prefer the sound effects of Amnesia as being scarier  :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

Five Nights at Freddy's The Resident Evil series.

I don't have a favourite one in particular, but I always stray towards the original three, REmake or the fourth one. REmake is the scariest one in my opinion. If you've seen the Crimson Heads, you'll know what I mean.

I like a lot of horror games.  Amnesia: The Dark Descent was one of my favorites, and I'm sure that shows in the MLP horror fangame I made (see my signature).

I can't get into the FNaF games, though.  Being essentially rooted to one spot and trying to defend it is kind of boring.  I guess that's partially due to me not liking tower defense games at all.  That's basically all that FNaF is: a horror-based tower defense game.

Manhunt 2 is a fantastic horror game.  Great story, great gameplay and it is set in the Grand Theft Auto 3D universe.  I look forward to a Manhunt 3.

172093-manhunt-2-windows-front-cover.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I can honestly say I haven't played many horror type games. But out of the few that I have played I would say either Resident Evil 4 or the Dead Space series.

My favorites would definitely have to be Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem or Geist. Maybe not the scariest games but they've still got amazing story and gameplay. Geist in particularly is quite the underrated gem on the Gamecube. I need to try and find my copy. It went missing a few years ago.

I would say the FNAF series but it honestly stopped scaring me. 

I have to say Alien: Isolation it kept me on my feet the entire game.