Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Quote and paste issues

Jangocoolguy
Go to solution Solved by King,

Hi. I have a sizable problem and I hope it's okay if I start a new thread to get help for it.

For some reason, the site won't let me quote anything. Whether I click the "quote" button or select something and quite it, it'll just go a blank response.

On a similar note, I can't paste anything and have to type in EVERYTHING I need or want to say even when I'd like to simply paste something.

Any info and help will be GREATLY appreciated :)

I've got the same glitch. I don't know what causes it, but I have a workaround. I click on that funny icon in the top left corner of the editing box to put it into BBCode Mode. Then I can quota, and paste normally. Only once I've done that can I click the icon again to put it into WYSIWYG Mode. I tend to leave it in BBCode Mode all the time, which is why I tend to do a lot of old Bulletin Board symbols, like putting * * around things I would otherwise bold.

It's inconsistent too. Some times I *can* quota in WYSIWYG Mode, and I haven't got a clue why. I think one of the browser add-ons is interacting with some of the page advertisements in weird and wonderful ways.

• Brohoof 1

I have the same glitch. Usually, I'm always using the BBcode mode, because I always do my codes manually, but it seems it was on lol.
I can't quote, when I use the automatic bbcode features it doesn't work either. I hope this get fixed soon.

And thanks, you made me realize that I was using WYSIWYG mode. ;)

I'm pretty sure I remember other people experiencing this issue in the past as well, but I haven't experienced it myself a whole lot, if at all.

Is this happening to all of you on a computer? If so, what browser are you using?

Edit 1: I just found an article, and it appears that quote and paste issues are a known issue for Internet Explorer 11. The article includes a specific solution, so hopefully this issue can be rectified here soon.

Edit 2: Lavo has made necessary edits in accordance with that article - are any of you still experiencing this problem?

Edited by SCS
Edited my post to add further information.

I'm pretty sure I remember other people experiencing this issue in the past as well, but I haven't experienced it myself a whole lot, if at all.

Is this happening to all of you on a computer? If so, what browser are you using?

Edit 1: I just found an article, and it appears that quote and paste issues are a known issue for Internet Explorer 11. The article includes a specific solution, so hopefully this issue can be rectified here soon.

Edit 2: Lavo has made necessary edits in accordance with that article - are any of you still experiencing this problem?

I just quoted in WYSIWYG mode to do this post. So it appears to be working at least this time. If I experience the problem again, I'll let you know.

Oh, and just for confirmation, I'm using IE11.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

@, @, @@Fhaolan

It has been some time since anyone has posted in this thread. Are any of you still experiencing issues with quoting and pasting?

Fhaolan, I know that you said that you were not, but I want to ensure that that is still the case.

Fhaolan, I know that you said that you were not, but I want to ensure that that is still the case.

I just tested it, and it has re-appeared. There may be an additional detail as well. If I don't start out in BBCode mode, I can't even start a reply to the topic post. The keystrokes don't seem to register. I don't remember this from last time, but I may have missed it then.

• Brohoof 1

I just tested it, and it has re-appeared. There may be an additional detail as well. If I don't start out in BBCode mode, I can't even start a reply to the topic post. The keystrokes don't seem to register. I don't remember this from last time, but I may have missed it then.

I will inform the technical administrators of the situation. Hopefully they can assist you sometime in the near future.

• 1 month later...

This issue has since been resolved by the Technical Administration so Im going to go ahead and lock this thread up now.
If anyone continues to experience a technical issue, please place in a Support Ticket.

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.