Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Latino

Acchan

Now personally, I usually watch My Little Pony in English. However, I have found that the show is actually very interesting in Spanish.

The other day I was watching A Canterlot Wedding in Spanish and listening to the This Day Aria. In English, Chrysalis sings

"Everypony will gather round

Say I look lovely in my gown

What they don't know is that I have fooled them all".

However, in Spanish, she says something a bit different. A little higher on the "oh my" meter. She sings:

"All the ponies will gather round

Say I look lovely at the altar

But what they don't know is that I hate them in reality"

Well. Okay angry.

That is all.

I've been watching the episodes in Spanish too but am only halfway through season 2.

Interesting how the lyrics get adapted in another language. Must be quite challenging since the song has to fit both the melody and the original meaning as much as possible.

¡Envolviendo el invierno!

Ok here I just want to stand up for my people. Mexican and latin-american dubs are normaly TOP TIER, animated movies, cartoons, animes and even some live action series have some state of the art lvl in terms of dubing. You just have to see Phineas and Ferb, songs of The Hunchback of Notre-Dame or the work at Law and Order SVU to understand de dedication and quality our dubs have.

Sadly MLP:FIM is one of the few works that are below the average quality of dubs made in México. When some voices like Rarity's, Twi's or Fluttershy's are quite good and close to the original personality of the character there are some that are just exagerated. I would normaly tolerate that but the thing is many "ponyfied" things are not taken from the original arguments to the latino version and to be fair most songs just dont get the charm and lovely charisma they have on the original version. 

Its sad that this team was unable to bring the success achieved with other cartoon series like Animaniacs or Phineas & Ferb. 

• Brohoof 1

The only issue with dubs (and this is for any language) is that when a song has rhyme or some other meaningful tool, the fans want a direct translation, but if they give it a direct translation then there would be no language tools like rhyming.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there are 2 different Spanish dubs. One dub was recorded for Spain and the other was recorded for Mexico and the rest of Latin America.

Edited by Judgement
  • Brohoof 1

Well I personally don't care about the lyrics as long as it sounds good in the given language.