Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Happened to Pinkie Pie?

Tyoeman

Seriously, she's become so one dimensional it hurts. She used to have character and now it's all gone, they made her less intelligent too. Has anyone else noticed this? I never see any talk about it on youtube or equestria daily or anywhere. I have this image in my head that the original Pinkie is trapped in the mirror pond waiting for rescue that will never come :(. I'm just wondering why no one has talked about it.

• Brohoof 9

It's because Twilight sent the real Pinkie Pie back through the mirror :blink: (Too many Pinkie Pies)

But, I agree Pinkie's character could be way more intersting

Edited by Theo
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

She has been kinda air-headed and very squeaky screamy so far. Pinkie Apple Pie was the best she's been this season.

Yeah but that's still not very good. Not compared to how she used to be.

Edited by Tyoeman

I think she's been at her best this season, she's enjoying herself and that's good surely? She'll definitely have her own time in the spotlight, we aren't even halfway through the season yet so the focus hasn't been on her more than in a passing way.

• Brohoof 2

I think it is because, the writers write Pinkie Pie differently and the thing is that when she does have an episode centered around her we will be able to tell whether she is characterized differently than she was in the past. I don't see a problem with how she is, she isn't exactly flaunderized though.

• Brohoof 2

I think it is because, the writers write Pinkie Pie differently and the thing is that when she does have an episode centered around her we will be able to tell whether she is characterized differently than she was in the past. I don't see a problem with how she is, she isn't exactly flaunderized though.

She's getting close though.

She's getting close though.

Maybe it is because, people judge her on her antics and if they make sense or not. I don't think there is anything wrong with her character, if her character was flaunderized the writers would have to use one of Pinkie's aspects and only have that one aspect as the focus and keep using said aspect until it loses its meaning. She is far from flaunderized if you ask me.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, Tyoe, we've talked about it, it's just been a while since the last thread.

Here's one I made for the subject:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/82902-pinkie-in-season-4-is-it-just-me/#entry2137157

Though I have to say that she's better in some episodes than she is others. For example, I really liked her in "Rainbow Falls", she was good in "Bats!", okay in "Power Ponies", uneven in RTM and PAP, and hated her other appearances (PTS part 1 literally turned her into a drooling idiot!)

I'm hoping her rainbow MacGuffin episode does as much for her as Rarity and Dash's did for them.

Edited by Jangobadass
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Actually, Tyoe, we've talked about it, it's just been a while since the last thread.

Here's one I made for the subject:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/82902-pinkie-in-season-4-is-it-just-me/#entry2137157

Though I have to say that she's better in some episodes than she is others. For example, I really liked her in "Rainbow Falls."

I'm hoping her rainbow MacGuffin episode does as much for her as Rarity and Dash's did for them.

I hope so too. I just hope she doesn't become flanderized. Every other pony of the main six still has a deeper character and hers is quickly deteriorating past the two dimensional point.

Edited by Tyoeman

She seems normal to me. She's random, funny, and adorable as usual. Her antics are crazy as they usually are, and I'm not really noticing that big of a change in her character. Once we get a Pinkie Pie episode I think it'll be a little easier to tell if she's different or not.

• Brohoof 1

I've noticed this a lot, actually.
Just watch an old Pinkie episode and then Pinkie Apple Pie and it's pretty obvious.

She seemed more level headed. She went from being a pony that wanted to make people laugh and was silly enough, to weird and annoying.
She was one of my favorites. But she's actually starting to get on my nerves. There were some gems in Pinkie Apple Pie for sure, but I feel like she's gotten so stupid that it's painful.

Her voice sounds higher this season too.

• Brohoof 2

Though I have to say that she's better in some episodes than she is others. For example, I really liked her in "Rainbow Falls", she was good in "Bats!", okay in "Power Ponies", uneven in RTM and PAP, and hated her other appearances (PTS part 1 literally turned her into a drooling idiot!)

At least PTS remembered she likes to keep her friends happy, like sending the letter to Twilight to cheer her up.  I see what you mean though.

Seriously, she's become so one dimensional it hurts. She used to have character and now it's all gone, they made her less intelligent too. Has anyone else noticed this? I never see any talk about it on youtube or equestria daily or anywhere. I have this image in my head that the original Pinkie is trapped in the mirror pond waiting for rescue that will never come :(. I'm just wondering why no one has talked about it.

She was pretty in character in Power Ponies, Rainbow Falls,  and Bats!.  Wanting to have fun, not taking everything totally seriously, but does know what's going on and is legitimately trying to help.

• Brohoof 1

I will admit Pinkie isn't taken quite as seriously as she has been in the past, but I've honestly found nothing I truly dislike about her character from then to now. With the spotlight more centered around the ponies the episode stars this season rather than any of the other ones, the motives of side characters actions aren't fully emphasized as heavily as they were in the past. Due to the fact that they don't need to try as hard to explain the characters' actions because of this, Pinkie's humor has grown increasingly less intelligent in various episodes, because the reasons and thought process of her character doesn't need to have as much effort, and therefore, by the thought process of the writers, neither do the actions themselves. Not to say this is a good thing, but it IS an adequate explanation.

... And I swear to Luna, if I hear ONE MORE conspiracy theory on the possibility that the real Pinkie was banished in "Too many Pinkies!", I am sincerely going to lose my patience.

• Brohoof 1

SomariFeyWright, on 22 Jan 2014 - 4:58 PM, said:

I will admit Pinkie isn't taken quite as seriously as she has been in the past, but I've honestly found nothing I truly dislike about her character from then to now. With the spotlight more centered around the ponies the episode stars this season rather than any of the other ones, the motives of side characters actions aren't fully emphasized as heavily as they were in the past. Due to the fact that they don't need to try as hard to explain the characters' actions because of this, Pinkie's humor has grown increasingly less intelligent in various episodes, because the reasons and thought process of her character doesn't need to have as much effort, and therefore, by the thought process of the writers, neither do the actions themselves. Not to say this is a good thing, but it IS an adequate explanation.

Yeah, it's not entirely her fault. It's happened a few times this season--will probably happen again--where all of the Mane 6 pop up in a story where some of them may as well not have bothered coming (Rarity and AJ in "Rainbow Falls" being the most recent example), so they have little choice BUT just act out to justify being there in the first place

I thought Pinkie Apple Pie was some of the best Pinkie characterization seen thus far in this season, if not in the top five best Pinkie episodes in the entire series so far. Dunno what cartoon you're watching :derp:

yeah because the episodes do not focus around her she is used as comic relief, there will be episodes where she will get more characterization, i think we have experienced more of her antics in comparison to season 1, my complaint in season 3 was that we didn't see enough of Pinkie's antics. But she has developed maturely now from all the things she's learned from the 2 seasons that's got to count for something, but she is still her bubbly self.

• Brohoof 1

To a degree, this is true off all the ponies. In the episodes where the focus is not on a particular Mane Six member, the more shallow but easier to exploit aspects of their characters are played up and used for gags. Pinkie is just easier to use in this manner, because she is slated as the funny and weird character. So if something funny is called for, Pinkie (and also rather frequently, Rarity) gets a very shallow treatment.

• Brohoof 2