Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie in Season 4: Is it just me--

Jangocoolguy

or is Pinkie Pie starting to flanderize???

>_>

<_<

In every episode she's been in this season, she's been hyper/silly/idiotic. That's okay in small doses here and there, but when acts that way in every scene, in every episode, it gets old. Too be fair, she hasn't had enough focus to do much besides be goofy, but if she's going to be like this for most of her screentime this season--and the rest of the series in fact...

<_<

>_>

I'm especially worried that it'll spread to the rest...

(Ever see that picture about what they might like in Season 5 (I'd post if I could find it again))

I can only hope the next episode focusing on her will remind us there's more to her than that.

• Brohoof 7

there is, her whole road trip with the apples. maybe there.

i know alot of folks are curious about the implication from granny smith that Pinkie may literally be related to the apples in someway.

• Brohoof 1

Okie Dokie Lokie = Okli Dokli :wacko:

Haha, anyway, I'm also not Season 4 Pinkie's biggest fan. She seems like pure comic relief at the moment. Not that she wasn't really comic relief anyway, but it used to seem like there was more to her than just that. Maybe it's just because she hasn't had an episode yet, but I dunno. She just seems a little more annoying than she is funny right now.

• Brohoof 1

You have no idea how much I can relate to your frustration here! I mean seriously! Arggh! Pinkie Pie's been depicted as being nothing more than comedic relief since the second half of the third season, and I haven't noticed any improvements on her character in this season so far. I know she's Pinkie Pie. I know she's random, bouncy, and often hilarious in the show, but I don't like how that's been all we've seen of her lately. She's beginning to appear more and more like an airhead, and I really hope that her future episodes this season, will make up for all of that.

I just want the Pinkie Pie from A Friend In Deed and Party of One. :( The Pinkie Pie who appears random, crazy, and somewhat annoying at first glance, but with some genuine depth and a bit more realism to her character. 

^I mean, that's the Pinkie Pie I fell in love with. So I'm really looking forward to the upcoming future episodes centered on her character. I just hope we will get to see some more interesting depth on her personality soon. :)

• Brohoof 4

You have no idea how much I can relate to your frustration here! I mean seriously! Arggh! Pinkie Pie's been depicted as being nothing more than comedic relief since the second half of the third season, and I haven't noticed any improvements on her character in this season so far. I know she's Pinkie Pie. I know she's random, bouncy, and often hilarious in the show, but I don't like how that's been all we've seen of her lately. She's beginning to appear more and more like an airhead, and I really hope that her future episodes this season, will make up for all of that.

I just want the Pinkie Pie from A Friend In Deed and Party of One. :( The Pinkie Pie who appears random, crazy, and somewhat annoying at first glance, but with some genuine depth and a bit more realism to her character. 

^I mean, that's the Pinkie Pie I fell in love with. So I'm really looking forward to the upcoming future episodes centered on her character. I just hope we will get to see some more interesting depth on her personality soon. :)

or is Pinkie Pie starting to flanderize???

>_>

<_<

In every episode she's been in this season, she's been hyper/silly/idiotic. That's okay in small doses here and there, but when acts that way in every scene, in every episode, it gets old. Too be fair, she hasn't had enough focus to do much besides be goofy, but if she's going to be like this for most of her screentime this season--and the rest of the series in fact...

<_<

>_>

I'm especially worried that it'll spread to the rest...

(Ever see that picture about what they might like in Season 5 (I'd post if I could find it again))

I can only hope the next episode focusing on her will remind us there's more to her than that.

No spoilers, but there's hope with the next Pinkie Focused episode :)

Don't worry about it none, it's good :D 

And not only do I see where y'all are coming from, but I totally empathize with you due to similar things happening to my best pony before this season :D 

It's gonna get better, trust me :D

• Brohoof 3

No spoilers, but there's hope with the next Pinkie Focused episode :)

Don't worry about it none, it's good :D

And not only do I see where y'all are coming from, but I totally empathize with you due to similar things happening to my best pony before this season :D

It's gonna get better, trust me :D

Really? :D I really hope the next Pinkie-centered episode will make up for all the lack of character depth I've been seeing in her lately. She needs more love. So if this future episode you're talking really is gonna turn out good, then I'm more than excited to see it when it airs!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Really? :D I really hope the next Pinkie-centered episode will make up for all the lack of character depth I've been seeing in her lately. She needs more love. So if this future episode you're talking really is gonna turn out good, then I'm more than excited to see it when it airs!  :lol:

Well, I'm 95% sure it's going to be the Pinkie you were talking about :D So yeahh.

Don't get too excited though, dude. We don't want to over-hype it. That's why I hardly ever talk about RTM outside of my signature, because first Rarity episode in 2 years, don't want to get too excited and get unreal expectations for it :) 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm 95% sure it's going to be the Pinkie you were talking about :D So yeahh.

Don't get too excited though, dude. We don't want to over-hype it. That's why I hardly ever talk about RTM outside of my signature, because first Rarity episode in 2 years, don't want to get too excited and get unreal expectations for it :)

I see what you mean there. Alright, well I'll be semi-realistic in my expectations then. :P Also what does RTM stand for? :P

I see what you mean there. Alright, well I'll be semi-realistic in my expectations then. :P Also what does RTM stand for? :P

Rarity Takes Manehattan :D It's her first episode this season, and first episode for her since 2011 :D

Also, even more stoked because McCarthy confirmed she's getting more than one episode :D

• Brohoof 1

Glad I'm not the only one who's been feeling this way. Pinkie has been more of a clown lately. I think her trend towards that started around the premier of season 3. Wonderbolts Academy is when I really started to wonder if that was the new direction they wanted her to go and that's most of what we could expect in the future.

This season has had me genuinely concerned as her appearances have consistently been very over-the-top and have come across to me like they're trying too hard to make her funny. Not saying that it doesn't work or that I don't like her anymore, only that they need to tone it down and stop over-simplifying her as the jester of their merry band. Pinkie is hyper and silly. I get it already.

• Brohoof 4

I think it's sort of always been this way, in that Pinkie's kind of portrayed as a joke in episodes that don't focus on her, but at the same time I could sort of see why it's worse this season.  It's particularly because of her school bell ringing in Castle Mane-ia and her frostingdistraction in the premiere.  I'm sure she'll come around. 

• Brohoof 1

Glad I'm not the only one who's been feeling this way. Pinkie has been more of a clown lately. I think her trend towards that started around the premier of season 3. Wonderbolts Academy is when I really started to wonder if that was the new direction they wanted her to go and that's most of what we could expect in the future.

This season has had me genuinely concerned as her appearances have consistently been very over-the-top and have come across to me like they're trying too hard to make her funny. Not saying that it doesn't work or that I don't like her anymore, only that they need to tone it down and stop over-simplifying her as the jester of their merry band. Pinkie is hyper and silly. I get it already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72n-wjqTUOg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUjOC71vKRCFHgyPR0Bp0yLQ  this reveier kinda breaks it down on pinkie being turned into the village idiot.

It's kinda hard to argue with,

i mean the village idiot would ring a bell with their head.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, it does seem at time that she is acting more crazy than normal. Maybe when Pinkie get's her episode, she will be a little calmer.

If you ask me if Pound and Pumpkin were around a lot more, I think she would be a bit more stable.

When I first started watching Pinkie Pie was my 2nd favorite pony which is a spot now held by Rainbow Dash not because I like Pinkie Pie any less but because Rainbow Dash has advanced greatly as a character while Pinkie Pie while she had a lot attention hasn't had any good character development since Too Many Pinkie Pie's back in season 3. I have always liked Pinkie Pie because she reminds me of my Dad, but like my Dad while she her silly random clown like side she does have a more serious and thoughtful side to her as well but this side has been neglected as of late making her appear like she is a one dimensional character which is a bit of a shame. There is going to be a Pinkie Pie and Applejack episode a few weeks from now and we will see how that one as well as other episodes later on will pan out. Her silly, random side is an important part of her character and has been written quite well in seasons 1&2 but except for a few good moments seems awkward and forced in season 3 and in season 4 so far at least even if the "frosting" scene was the most hilarious Pinkie Pie moment I have seen in a long time. 

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

There are episodes where Pinkie is the focus and episodes where she is not. As far as the latter is concerned her behavior has not changed over the course of the show. The only reason people are tiring of her now is because it's been too long since she's had her own episode. I've heard it said that Pinkie is a character best handled in small doses. That's not true. Right now small doses are precisely the problem. 

Also, her role in Castle-mania was hilarious. 

• Brohoof 1

I started to get that feeling in Castle Mane-ia also, and then retroactively noticed it in other episodes in Season 3.

Pinkie is an extremely difficult character to write without flanderization. The other two characters that I feel have this problem to a lesser extent are Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

Hopefully, this will be rectified in the future, because it sort of wasn't in Power Ponies, but it was less severe than it was in Castle Mane-ia. I hold hope for her upcoming episode this season.

Edited by FerroceneSandwichMan

Yeah, I feel the same way. Pinkie's become a (excuse the pun) one trick pony, who doesn't do anything besides be silly. Granted, I never cared much for Pinkie anyway, but she at least had some depth, as shown in episodes like A Friend In Deed. We can only hope that she'll be a good character again once she gets a Season 4 episode.

• Brohoof 1

How has she been "idiotic," exactly?

She's certainly whimsical and silly, but I've seen no indication that she's supposed to be unintelligent. If anything, she seems hyper-intelligent, possessing knowledge and skills that the viewers would expect to be out of her reach.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I can't stand current Pinkie Pie at all, she's been turned into the village idiot and most of her jokes feel forced and just annoy me. She's fallen behind even Fluttershy who I have never liked.

She'll probably be alright in her focus episodes but I really hope how she's been in supporting roles thus far will change as the season goes on or else she might become irrepairable. 

Yeah, I can't stand current Pinkie Pie at all, she's been turned into the village idiot and most of her jokes feel forced and just annoy me. She's fallen behind even Fluttershy who I have never liked.

She'll probably be alright in her focus episodes but I really hope how she's been in supporting roles thus far will change as the season goes on or else she might become irrepairable. 

well,

she's been mostly miss,  I thought she was alright in power ponies and the princess twilight.  

and i would totally go off on you about fluter shy,

but she's sucked this season lol, and i would be arguing from a poor stance.

There are two upcoming episodes based around Pinkie Pie this season that have been announced so far,

Pinkie Apple Pie and Three's A Crowd

I won't tell y'all the synopsis, you can go and research them yourself.

well,

she's been mostly miss,  I thought she was alright in power ponies and the princess twilight.  

and i would totally go off on you about fluter shy,

but she's sucked this season lol, and i would be arguing from a poor stance.

Princess Twilight had one of the worst Pinkie Pie moments in the entire show, the coloring book gag. and creamy cream frosting wasn't that funny.

Fluttershy is just an archetype that I find boring and I dislike how the writers seem to have to so often make her stray from her core character to derive humor and plots from her.

• Brohoof 1

I think that it happens when Pinkie doesn't have much to do in a scene but her presence is forced there for some reason. She seemed okay in Power Ponies. 

But it was grating to see her painting a coloring book in the first episode while the others were trying to do something and that whole thing of her ringing the school bell with her head. WTF? Pinkie is becoming the new Spike, only more insane.

But it will probably be alright.

There is a Pinkie Apple Pie in the future.

Just something else I'd like to add... Pinkie always as a bit crazy and random, but her randomness and craziness had a point.

"It was under eeeeeeeee!". The Pinkie Sense. And it was brilliant, like Pinkie disguised as Fluttershy.

• Brohoof 1