Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sheogorath

Wow, amazing job you did sorting through all these details. I've always assumed Pinkie as the insane character on this show similar to what other cartoons have in their casts. I never would have guessed she is really a mastermind behind all of the random ideas she spits out; but now it seems they are all suggested for a reason...

No wonder Twilight's "brain?" test machine didn't provide any results in Feeling Pinkie Keen; her brain is far too complicated for mere technology to even analyze.

Also, she won 35 games of Tic Tac Toe consecutively against Rarity in Dragonshy if that counts for anything.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, Pinkie is extremely smart and talented. Not to mention that she's a robo... Wait on second hand scratch that, you're not prepared to know the truth yet.

I had to learn this the hard way.

Edited by Dr Whooves

(edited)

Yes, Pinkie is extremely smart and talented. Not to mention that she's a robo... Wait on second hand scratch that, you're not prepared to know the truth yet.

I had to learn this the hard way.

I think the correct term is equidroid.

Edited by Pencils
  • Brohoof 1

I read this and couldnt help but see my self. I am one of the highest acheevers (though aparently I cant spell, Im from Sweden) In my class, though I prefer keeping intelegence out when I interact. Is there anything worse than allways outsmarting someone? Not that I can think of right now anyway. So I hide behind a wall of awsome saus... Basicly I try to allways have an answer, and usualy a funny one.

I do act randomly, but its usualy for the benefit of the group im in.

I realise Im not exactly explaining this in a way that makes me seem like Pinky, butt thats just my lack of time to write this on, I dont realy have to much time to formulate everything perfectly.

Haveing that said I have a point on the analysis I would like to bring up. From Pinkys prespective, dose Pinky want evrypony to recognise her genious. When you write about Twiligt explaining Pinkys behaviour as being "just Pinky", you write it as a bad thing. I would see that as a positive thing. Pinky seems to prefer being crazy/wierd/awsome over outsmarting everypony, from that I see being "just Pinky" as a good thing. It recognises Pinky as being unique, and silly and all that aswell, wich, acording to my observations, is one of her goals in life.

You can ignore this next paragraph, its quite unrelated to the topic here.

I'm sorry if this is just a bunch of jibbrish, its 21:00 in sweden, and I've been procrastinateing homework all day. Its not as easy as it seems to get over a habit of procrastinateing boring stuff... and I have a particulary nasty case of lazyness when it comes to things that dont apeal to me as fun. If it was math i would have done it ages ago, but spanish... oh, how I hate it. lete asignements in both Swedish and English and PE dont help either... I'm prety much never done on time, but its usualy perfect when I finaly manage to start working.

Sorry for writeing all that, but im so close to haveing a breakdown... Im gonna try not to go crazy though...

• Brohoof 1

The thought was never absent of Pinkie's intelligence from my perception. I personally know people who are similar to Pinkie, and though the appearance is deceiving they convey strict adherence to reasoning. Sometimes what seems random is an act of something beyond your initial understanding.

I read the entire OP's post and enjoyed how you expressed Pinkie's intellect. I understood right away why the chicken costume during 'Luna Eclipsed' after Twilight confronted Pinkie, it was made clearly obvious at that point.

It's also for this reason that Pinkie expresses herself in this way that has me confined to believe that Derpy is also intelligent and talened, despite appearing derpy quite often.

• Brohoof 1

Rather I omitted the obvious to spare the reader and covered it with "engineering skills" and "intuitive understanding" encompassing also future potential feats of similar nature.

oops, I must have missed that part. Anyway, I tend to live in the obvious!

LOL

Pinkie is just biding her time before her bid for complete Equestrian domination!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I truth, I think doing a psychoanalysis on a character from a cartoon show is a little up there, however, this did give me quite some entertainment for the while it took me to read, and the evidence is astounding, although probably not meant to be taken that way by the writers of a show. I commend you for your work, this is amazing

The only thing that I can think of that goes against this is the fact that she is the most demaning pony off Rarity during the art of the dress episode with the song "Art of the Dress" Edited by Ice

The only thing that I can think of that goes against this is the fact that she is the most demaning pony off Rarity during the art of the dress episode with the song "Art of the Dress"

So, she's not a clothing designer. She was not demeaning in my opinion. Any quotes of hers were just ones of happy exploration of what rarity can do with her ideas.

Any large scientific mind has its downfall and quite often that is one of personal fashion. Lacking much of selfish thought, Pinkie likely has no idea what looks good on her.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This is very similar to thoughts I've had about Pinkie. Her extensive and unique knowledge of parasprites, for instance? Or how fast she thinks... Pinkie is obviously hyper-intelligent, which is why she is constantly on a whole other wavelength than everypony else.

Pencils, this is awesome. Thanks so much for the insight. I know this girl IRL who is just like Pinkie Pie in many ways (especially with her ENFP personality type) so reading about Pinkie Pie was a lot like reading about the girl I know... it's extremely uncanny.

I have a question though... do you think that you'd be able to use MBTI to analyze the other ponies? Pinkie Pie, according to your theory, may be the most misunderstood, but that doesn't mean that people completely understand the rest of them.

This is all very well and good, but it fails to explain Pinkie's behavior in Party of One, where she acted out of fear and quite irrationally for such an intelligent pony.

lolno, you don't understand people. You don't have to be an idiot to be paranoid or insane, history can EASILY tell you that.

From the first time I watched Pinkie I assumed she must be pretty intelligent since even her randomness has relevance to whats going on or what will happen.

When she goes crazy I saw as even more intelligent than I first had thought. An airhead could have not manipulated her own head into having multiple personalities for her "guests" They weren't all Pinkie Pie, they all were well portrayed without her missing a beat. She literally did a conversation on her own from at least three POVs, a bit insane but intelligent at the same time.

Lastly, during the most recent episode we see that she has a quick thinking mind based off the fact she could do stand up comedy on the fly. But most importantly she immediately detected Twilight's misexecuted attempt to help by insulting her. An airhead wouldn't have picked up on it.

Thanks to you, my eyes have been opened to Pinkie's amazing brain hidden under her cotton candy mane lol

• Brohoof 2

Hah! Genius? Come on! Pinkie is a grown up! She's just good with children! And I'm sure a lot of ponies could do what she did! Play with a bunch of kids! Of course most other adult ponies were scared of Luna, but that's because she's a princess, and you gotta respect her! Pinkie already knew how she really was, well, cause she defeated her!

He is not a genius, she is just normal. I think you just assumed that everyone else thought she was retarded

Hah! Genius? Come on! Pinkie is a grown up! She's just good with children! And I'm sure a lot of ponies could do what she did! Play with a bunch of kids!

Read Pencil's post again, Pinkie had planned it all out to get to Luna. I don't know anyone who is that intelligent.

I've never seen this thread until now, well done Pencils for your brilliant analysis.

I relate to said Pinkie, in the past I have dealt revenge on people without anyone realising I'm doing it.

Edited by Tom
  • Brohoof 1

Read Pencil's post again, Pinkie had planned it all out to get to Luna. I don't know anyone who is that intelligent.

I've never seen this thread until now, well done Pencils for your brilliant analysis.

I relate to said Pinkie, in the past I have dealt revenge on people without anyone realising I'm doing it.

Well I don't really believe Pinkie thought that. Of course she would like people to acept Luna, but she just simply didn't realize other people would not acept her. That's what I think atleast, after seeing the episode.

Edited by Eenohay