Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A very strange realization.

KonceptKarma

I'd like to start off by saying that I'm not good at talking to people. In fact, I'm fairly antisocial in nature, so making friends has never been easy for me. I also unfortunately have fairly agressive facial features and sort of a natural scowl. I think it's always creeped people out. However, recently I've started wearing pony threads to school. Strangely enough, people have actually started talking to me more. Sometimes they ask me why I like the show and so on, and I've even met some fellow bronies. I think wearing pony threads have helped me look less threatening towards people I don't know, even if they aren't bronies. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had experienced something like this before too.

• Brohoof 3

Pony gear can be a fun conversation starter. You might get the attention of some haters and people who think you're weird but they've been easy for me to ignore. I was at a Wawa wearing a Twilight Sparkle hat and the cashier said "Please tell me that's your daughter's." I smiled and said "Nope, it's mine. I love the show."

Behold the magic of pony related clothing! I haven't experienced this myself but then again only occasionally wear some. Still it's great to hear it works for you. Also, I think the reason might be simply because people know that you're a brony if you wear one so that's one thing and there are others that may have heard about the show that are interested in why you would go as far as to wear clothing related to it. So yeah pony related things are a good way to start conversations.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I don't have any pony-related clothes but I did have a Sonic shirt once and people would compliment me on it all the time when I wore it. I think since most people don't wear culturally identifying shirts outside of like what football team they are rooting for it stands out to them. Sure, get into a group of nerds and you'll not stand out as much most likely but to most of the world it causes intrigue. Who are you? Why do you like it? What in your personality allows you to like that thing on your shirt in spite of the contrariness of your attitude, looks or intellect?

People will inevitably, if unintentionally, be curious about things that stand out. This can mean both good and bad things but as I always say: As long as YOU don't make a big deal out of something, neither will anyone else.

In some cases, however, it's just that they recognize something they know or knew in the past and it's little more than a shout-out.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly I'd like to start off with this :12b.pngI'm fairly anti-social myself and I myself have yet to come outta the stable :yay: I have told my 1 friend and she happened to be a brony too and I can officially say ,we are now closer than ever as friends :wub: Im too self concious atm ,I have alotta douches in my year so Im just waiting for them to go to a different school next year.They even make fun of me now for stuff I have yet to find out ,all Ik is that heyre whispering about me so I'm like :angry: in my mind yet im like :( irl.Im such a wuss

I do not wear anything pony related, but I can however relate to the feelings of being intimidating, anti-social and creepy. Seems like I just scare people away sometimes.

I am familiar with this effect. Normally I look like I'm about to disembowel someone with my bare hands, but going around wearing a Fluttershy dog tag or pony shirt does make people (usually bronies) less likely to avoid me. Apparently I look slightly criminal without something pony related visible...