1. Pinkie Pie

2. Fluttershy

3. Rarity

4. Rainbow Dash

5. Twilight Sparkle

6. Applejack

It just doesn't seem like Applejack feels anything. ^^"

post-8308-0-57732400-1422393202.png

I personally define emotional stability as the ability to maintain composure under pressure and stick to your core ideals.

1. Rainbow Dash. I think she has the most insecurities that are easy to prey on, and her brash personality, while natural, also makes it hard for her to confront her own problems and bounce back from them. When she wrecks, she wrecks.

2. Fluttershy. She seems to harbor pent up emotions at times because of how demure she is. Like RD, when she snaps, she freaking snaps.

3. Pinkie. To a lesser extent than the other two, because even when she's snapped she's shown the ability to stick to her ideals, just in a negative manner.

4. Rarity.  She never really breaks down for a long period of time, as Ghostie already pointed out. She bounces back fast.

5. Twilight. I think Twilight's growth as a Princess earns her this spot. Season 2 (Lesson Zero for best episode) she'd be waaaay up there. But I think Twilight Time especially has shown that she's coming into her own as a dependable mentor for others, including her own friends.

6. AJ. Does this girl ever show any hint of straying from her self-percept? I'd want this girl by me in times of hardship, no questions asked.

• Brohoof 2

1: Pinkie PIe. She gets depressed/sad when ever somepony says "no"  to her about parties or hanging out with her. (Party of one? That short bit in Maud Pie and Pinkie Pie)

2: Fluttershy. She does cry more, but it's only because she's timid and shy. She takes stuff personally.

3: Twilight: Remember lesson Zero? Yea....

4:  Rainbow Dash: If someone doesn't tell her she's awesome, she gets upset or if she loses, she gets upset.

5: Rarity: She can be dramatic, but she's not really all that emotionally fragile.

6: Applejack: Yea...She's pretty emotionally stable as far as the mane 6 go.

Fluttershy's lover, she's my waifu. I'm in love and obsessed with her, she's given me shyabetes. *Hnnnng*

Keep3555Calmsig600x100HOBOFont_zpsd659ba 

Yellow Pink Squee Blogs | Ask one of Fluttershy's biggest fans | Official Fluttershy fanclub page

• 2 years later...

1. Pinkie Pie: She clearly has some deep psychological issues and trust issues as well. I would love if we could get an episode showing the origins of Pinkamena.

2. Fluttershy: She has anger problems deep down, we have all seen that in full.

3. Rarity: Drama queen with potential confidence problems. Still, we all love her for it. :3

4. Twilight: Obviously Twilight has some kind of OCD or some kind of trouble with being overwhelmed.

5. Rainbow Dash: Also confidence issues, very impressionable.

6. Applejack: Probably the most stable of the group, but she has her moments of extreme stress, but it usually is within reason.

My list probably looks like many others but this seems really accurate to me.

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

1. Rainbow Dash - She has a tough outward persona but inside seems extremely fragile. Her ego is easily bruised, and when one thing goes less-than-awesome for her, she tends to really lose it and doubt herself. She also seems to be the most self-conscious, really caring about what others think of her and wanting to maintain a certain type of reputation. To me, that indicates that she doesn't have very much internal confidence and instead relies on outside validation to boost herself.

2. Fluttershy - When she is in her element, she is very confident and at ease. However, whenever placed outside her comfort zone, she gets very easily anxious. She has many issues that, in all fairness, she does work on. But you can tell her issues run deep and that she has certain triggers that get her irrationally upset.

3. Pinkie Pie - Usually she is quite strong and can be depended upon during times of stress for her boundless optimism and creativity. However, she can take things super personally and get frantic when faced with her own person adversities. Like Rainbow Dash, she also seems to care a lot about what others think of her, which attributes to her fragility.

4. Twilight Sparkle - She can definitely be level-headed, which is why I ranked her toward the bottom. We've seen her be a pillar of fortitude and a true problem-solver during very frightening experiences. However, little things tend to break her and make her go super wacky from time to time.

5.Rarity - She wears her emotions on her sleeve, which many people seem to think makes her fragile. However, Rarity quickly bounces back from being sad and tackles her issues head-on. She doesn't seem to have many deep-seated anxieties or triggers. I actually consider her to be tremendously stable, wise, and reliable.

6. Applejack - She carries herself with a kind of maturity that the other five don't seem to exhibit. She is very much a "go with the flow" type of pony, taking problems in stride and never getting too histrionic. She gets stressed sometimes, but when she does it is pretty normal.

• Brohoof 2

34zysdz.png

pleasant pegasister fluttershy fangirl cupcake connoisseur

1.  Fluttershy - we've seen her go to pieces on a regular basis.

2.  Twilight Sparkle - Her strong sense of order makes her very susceptible to unwanted change.

3.  Pinkie Pie - The classic clown dichotomy, always happy on the outside, but close to breaking down within.

4.  Rarity - Perfectionist, prone to tantrums or bouts of melancholy when she doesn't meet her own expectations.

5.  Rainbow Dash - Pretty stable, but again has high expectations for herself.  Although she is carefree enough to not be seriously affected by most things she doesn't always react well when things don't go her way.

6.  Applejack - Right from the start of the cartoon she already had pretty much everything she ever aspired to, the simplest ambitions are the easiest to achieve, and to maintain, leading to contentment that makes her more resilient, although not immune to emotion obviously.

qDMpMKO.jpg

• 5 years later...

Vector: Rainbow Dash 20

Pin on (MLP) My Little Pony

Rainbow's emotional instability manifests itself in her brashness and anger. She's a pony who relies on respect, and she can get really defensive about it. She wants to be a pony other ponies can look up to... that other ponies idolize and care for. She wants to be a role model. When her abilities are called into question, unlike the other ponies, she puts in every bit of effort she has into defending her honor. So when she feels as though she's been beaten, it hurts her unbearably, because someone's getting noticed and doing better than she is, thus meaning they, in her mind, must deserve more respect. It's why she sticks by her friends and is always loyal; because she wants her friends to look up to her, or even look AT her, as somepony worth respecting. And when she messes up, she can become a wreck, yet she's so much less fragile because she can eventually pick herself out of her rut without the problem being fully fixed. She soldiers on even through failure and never gives up on doing what's right, even before the problem is inevitably solved.

Are people forgetting the one episode where I thought AJ was acting counter to the convictions here, 'Somepony To Watch Over Me', when her absolute refusal to trust Apple Bloom ended up causing AB to put herself in unneeded danger to prove herself?  I think the super obsessive checking on her every 10s and most of the other behavior during that episode qualifies as a 'losing it' moment.  As much as I like AJ, being 1 of my favorites, she's certainly not without her moments. 

• 1 year later...